This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Collector

There is a wonderful Canadian series called The Collector which is set to begin airing in the US next year. The problem is... the show has been cancelled here in Canada after three seasons and has NOT been given a proper finale.

I started a campaign originally aimed at saving The Collector but we will now settle for a wrap-up of sorts, something the series producer is interested in. Would you all take a moment to visit http://www.morgansapartment.ca/savethecollector and sign the petition aimed at CHUM??? It states that it is for another season, but when submitted I will specify that we will be happy with something to end the show proper.

While most of you have not seen the show, imagine for a moment that you start watching it and really enjoy it. Wouldn't it be horrible to start watching a series, begin to enjoy it, and know it will never be finished?

The Collector follows a man named Morgan Pym (who happens to be incredibly hot) who sold his soul to the devil over 650 years ago in exchange for 10 more years with the woman he loved. When his deal ended, he became a "collector", collecting the souls of other people who sold theirs. In today's time he re-claims his humanity and strikes a new deal with his boss. Now, he has 48 hours to try to find each client's "redemption" from their deals, but the devil is there trying to stop him at every turn (for it is all a game to him).

There is already a thread about The Collector. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25895

I'm glad it'll finally hit US airwaves, though. It's about damn time. And meh on the lack of wrap-up. Any fan of scifi (or television in general) has to be used to getting horribly gypped by the Suited B******s with the Shallow Pockets.

Oh and petitions are useless, except as a way of making fans feel they're doing something. The Suits don't care. All they care about is money. A bunch of names means nothing to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Oh and petitions are useless, except as a way of making fans feel they're doing something. The Suits don't care. All they care about is money. A bunch of names means nothing to them.

You're wrong.

A bunch of names means LESS than nothing
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
      X