No announcement yet.

The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good way to see the episode, Norriski, and I wish I could agree with you but I can't. I even re-wached it with what you said in mind. There's simply too much that I have to assume took place 'off-screen' to make it believable. Yes, there was the 48 hours remark, but that was really two little, too late.

I can't help but compare Evolution to eps like "Fire and Water," the "Spacemonkey" ep, "Cor-Ai" and so on, where Jack showed concern and anger--EMOTION--for his team members. It was Jack who disappointed me in this two-parter, rather than the shippier scenes with Jack and Sam.

Everyone has a best friend. Put your best friend in Daniel's place, and yourself in Jack's spot and imagine how you would be acting in this.

Dana Jeanne
    Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Well the great thing about all of this is we are each entitled to our opinions...I respect those that don't see it the way I do, and I hope I can be respected for my views, I have my reasons for believing like I do and you all have reasons for your views.

Comment

Originally posted by norriski
        Well the great thing about all of this is we are each entitled to our opinions...I respect those that don't see it the way I do, and I hope I can be respected for my views, I have my reasons for believing like I do and you all have reasons for your views.
        Of course!! I'm glad you like the episode

Dana Jeannw

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

I wish we could see more of the Jack/Daniel dynamic.
          Although I'm a shipper, I get the same level of enjoyment from Jack and Daniel's friendship.

They have a really interesting dynamic that I think has been sorely underused.

I love episodes like Need, Legacy and Abyss, as it shows that these two men depend on each other (though they'd never admit it ).

I agree with some of the shippers, when I say that too much emphasis has been placed on ship. TPTB should resolve that arc and continue it off screen. I know if I did not enjoy ship, I'd be very pi$$ed with the show.

More time should be spend re-establishing Jack and Daniel's friendship. After all, that's where the franchise started, and I think it's a proven formula that the fans love.

If Jack and Daniel weren't there, there would be no franchise whatsoever.

I apologise if this sounds like on big babble.

Suz
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by norriski
            I don´t want hurting you with my post. I´m glad for you that you liked "Evolution" so much more than I. To be honest I envy this a little bit .
            But would this board not be a boring place if we would have all the same opinions? About what should we talk then?

Comment

I have a question: Considering RDA´s very much reduced time on the set for season 9, will we have any friendship moments between Jack and Daniel next year or will this part of the show no longer exist in the next season?
              For me is this friendship (together with the team-family element , the mytholgy-archeology and the action-adventure element) a important part of the show.
              I´m not greedy I know that the chances for another spacemonkey moment or an episode like "Abyss" or "The Light" are equal zero .
              But how are the chances for at last for a little bit of the old banter and friendship?
              I would really like to know what other fans who are caring for this friendship, too, think about it.

Comment

I'm guessing very little friendship scenes next season (soak em up now, people!). I can be resigned, provided that they act friendly in whatever scenes they may have together, that Jack acts appropriately in any scenes where you know he would show more concern than if Daniel was a wadded tissue (Evolution2 -black mark on the Jack/Daniel friendship as an example) and they don't blantantly have Jack getting all friendly and loving (platonic loving) with Sam and Teal'c and then figuratively spitting on Daniel. Or if they don't act friendly, there's a good reason. Like Menace. None of this "oh, they're so close they don't need to act like they even know is other" load of utter crap.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                  I'm guessing very little friendship scenes next season (soak em up now, people!). I can be resigned, provided that they act friendly in whatever scenes they may have together, that Jack acts appropriately in any scenes where you know he would show more concern than if Daniel was a wadded tissue (Evolution2 -black mark on the Jack/Daniel friendship as an example) and they don't blantantly have Jack getting all friendly and loving (platonic loving) with Sam and Teal'c and then figuratively spitting on Daniel. Or if they don't act friendly, there's a good reason. Like Menace. None of this "oh, they're so close they don't need to act like they even know is other" load of utter crap.
                  I suppose you are right. I belief too that we will have no friendship or at least some banter between Jack and Daniel in season 9. The writers/directors/producers will use his limited time not for that but only for the things they consider as important (and we know what that is ). And if I understand right what Martin Wood and PDL had said on the last con than it´s not even sure if Jack will appear in season 9. I had hoped that I see that all much too negative and other people would see it different but it seems I´m just a realist
                  Last edited by Hathor999; 05 December 2004, 10:33 AM.

Comment

On the plus side, s8 has less Jack than s7 did, but so far has had more J&D in nine eps than s7 did in 22. So even though I'll surely miss their interaction in the bread & butter eps, it might well still be there properly in whichever eps RDA does.

:: crosses fingers ::

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      On the plus side, s8 has less Jack than s7 did, but so far has had more J&D in nine eps than s7 did in 22. So even though I'll surely miss their interaction in the bread & butter eps, it might well still be there properly in whichever eps RDA does.

Thank you for trying to cheer me up. It´s just that all the stuff about RDA leaving and the supposed way how it will be explained in the show what´s depressing for me. Some little but good friendship and team moments (the team will always be the most important thing for me about Stargate SG 1) would be nice

::crossed fingers, too::

but I have given up to beliefe in it. It´s sadly not fitting into what the spoilers indicate.
                      Last edited by Hathor999; 07 December 2004, 03:25 AM.

Comment

<<It is strong and deep, but it started out as simple nonetheless. The closest analogy that I can come up with is this: there are friends who accept me because they love me, and there are the friends who understand me without me ever having to utter a word.>>

That's exactly how Michael Shanks had described the evolution of Jack and Daniel's friendship when he was at FanOdyessy in 2003. He said that the two men had come to the point where one knew what the other was thinking and that they would know how the other would react to something without having to say a word.

Unfortunately the show is a visual medium and this 'unspoken' aspect of the friendship doesn't always convey well. To me the best Jack/Daniel interaction I've seen since Daniel's return was the open 1/2 hour of SG:Atlantis where the two characters were taken back to their roots and written as they used to be..the cynical soldier and the wide-eyed archaelogist. Daniel going where angels fear to tread with Jack's naturally cautious nature.
                        ______
                        Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

I have my fingers, toes, eyes, legs... everything crossable crossed

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

I've often wondered if maybe Jack doesn't have some resentment towards Daniel because of the events in Abyss.

Comment

"That's where you're WRONG!"

--- Best moment in J/D, maybe even in all of SG-1, to me. So rich.

Comment

Originally posted by dfin25
                                I've often wondered if maybe Jack doesn't have some resentment towards Daniel because of the events in Abyss.
                                I don't think Jack resented Daniel for what he did (or didn't do). I think Jack was angry for a number of reasons. At the Tok'ra symbiote for putting him in this situation, at Daniel for not helping, at himself for not being able to figure a way out.
                                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X