X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, jolly good!

Madeleine

Comment

I wish they would have given more of a hint as to what the surprise was. But, maybe that's good. I'd hate to get my hopes up for a really good friendship moment between them and then have the reality be some pitiful shell. This way, I don't know what to expect, and may be pleasantly surprised.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        I wish they would have given more of a hint as to what the surprise was. But, maybe that's good. I'd hate to get my hopes up for a really good friendship moment between them and then have the reality be some pitiful shell. This way, I don't know what to expect, and may be pleasantly surprised.
        What dani347 said.
        I'm not here man
        Hello it was me

Comment

I'm new here but i'm not new to the Jack/Daniel slash!!!!

....Just wondering which episode is it from - which that screen cap (popular with slasher) which shows Jack and Daniel bickering (as usual) by the DHD and Daniel seems to have a large....ehem....package!!! Anyone rememeber that screen cap or know what i am talking about?

Jack 4 Daniel 4eva
          from Kady
          sigpic

Comment

Package of what? Was it indoors or outdoors? Was D's hair long or short? We'll be better able to help if you can be more specific...

Madeleine

Comment

I thought this thread was about Jack and Daniel's friendship(or of late, lack thereof) as portrayed on the show?

Comment

Bringing this up

S

E

A

S

O

N

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

So far, I am pretty pleased with how the Jack/Daniel friendship is being portrayed. The banter is back, as well as just natural conversations. The 'squirrelly' conversation in Icon was classic Jack/Daniel. Jack acts like he cares about Daniel. Even though we didn't see a face to face reunion between them in Icon, I have no trouble believing that the Jack of that episode would be glad to see him. And, the conversation over the radio was a good non face to face reunion. I loved the way Jack sounded when he asked Daniel, "You coming home?" So far, I'm satisfied with the way the friendship is being shown. But, I'm always wary. Who knows if tptb will decide that there's supposed to be a quota on friendship and decide in the second half of the season that theirs is up.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

The relationship between Jack and Daniel is one of the main reasons I was drawn into the show in the first place. I love the interaction between all the four members of the team (or five, since I count Jonas among them, still), but the Jack and Daniel one has a special place in my heart. (Ooh, that sounded really sentimental, I should try to avoid that).

Anyway, while reading through this thread I noticed a lot of debating going on over the I know line and whether or not that was sufficient enough or not. I do agree that RDA´s delivery of that line sounded very flat, and in my ears kind of harsh, too. But for me, the thing that stood out the most in the two-parter is what happened in the first part where Daniel lunges for the ancient device and Jack pulls him back with a No, no, no, no, no !!!. That spoke volumes to me. As did Daniel´s cry of: Jack! when Jack goes for the device himself. I loved that.

I did feel that a lot of the warm friendship, that they had developed over the years, seemed to be lacking a whole lot in s7 and I was really disappointed with that. But it does seem like it has gotten back on track in s8, and for that I´m very grateful. I just hope it lasts.
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

There was a lovely bit in the Atlantis opener. Daniel saying there was still time for him to go, and Jack's reply, "No." It felt as if Daniel had asked several times already, knowing full well what the answer would be, and probably not even wanting to go, just to get a rise out of Jack, but Jack not falling for it.

Okay, I'm a projector But isn't it *nice* when they give us stuff to project with!
                    Last edited by Madeleine; 12 August 2004, 09:25 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Taken from the ship discussion thread (but not about ship) from GateGipsy:
                      For me, there is nothing as good as a really great buddy-buddy TV show. The Professionals, Starsky and Hutch, Miami Vice, Mash (Hawkeye and Trapper, and Hawkeye and Honeycut) the list goes on. That male-male friendship (and I am not a slasher) makes, for me, great TV. And movies - the Lord of the Rings for example.
                      I fond it interesting that the disclaimer about not being a slasher is there. Interesting because I do it, too. Even when it's already been made clear that I'm talking about friendship. Do any other friendshippers feel the need to clarify that they aren't talking about slash, even though it should be clear in the word friendship? (Well, I'm saying I feel the need to clarify, not that GateGipsy felt it) And, putting it here because when I talk about the male/male friendship on Stargate, I'm most often talking about Jack and Daniel.

edited to spell correctly.

Comment

Do any other friendshippers feel the need to clarify that they aren't talking about slash, even though it should be clear in the word friendship?
                        Do I personally feel the need to clarify what I'm talking about? Nope, not at all. It's upsetting to be accused of being something I'm not, but it's the price I'm obviously willing to pay to not go around apologizing in advance to people I may or may not offend by saying what they think I mean...

I say, if someone wants to think I'm a slasher - or dismiss or belittle my opinion because of their assumption - they can go right ahead. I'm not one. Never have been one, and never will be one.

But if someone is going to read "between the lines" of what I say, add 2 and 2 to what they *know* I really meant, and come up with slasher... there's absolutely nothing I could do or say that would ever convince them that they're wrong.
                        ~bri~

Comment

Do any other friendshippers feel the need to clarify that they aren't talking about slash, even though it should be clear in the word friendship?
                          No. I used to, but it's a long long time since I personally have been 'accused' of being a slasher, so I'm pretty relaxed about it. It's a shame if anyone else is getting that, but it's more likely a case of crossed wires than a conscious train of thought that assumes it's not possible to be a fan of their friendship without slashiness.

It does help that there have been shippers posting in here

Madeleine

Comment

Wow some action on my Thread;

Hey I like Daniel and Jack so far this Season, But I think they are going to run into some problems later on...

When is Daniel getting a woman it has been awhile for even him....
                            I'm not here man
                            Hello it was me

Comment

Personally, given what they've been through together, (watch the end of the movie for example) they will always be close; its only infered however and the show does lack some jack/daniel moments due to RDA's shootin' time....they're still "brothers" though...IMO, its not really important anyways though a lot of people will disagree...
                              Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                              O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Originally posted by ecm101
                                Wow some action on my Thread;

Hey I like Daniel and Jack so far this Season, But I think they are going to run into some problems later on...
                                Are you basing your thoughts on any spoilers, or just a feeling? And, how did you come to that conclusion?

Comment

Working...
                                X