No announcement yet.

The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a certain bond amongst military men from the older generations. It is the unspoken, but very strong. Jack has always struck me as that sort of person. For proof that the relationship matters, you need look no further than Abyss, when Jack / Daniel are talking about role reversal and what would be done if Jack had ascended.

Comment

I like to think of daniel and jack as brothers and that sometimes they just dont like to talk all that much... but in S7 they did not act(or shown to act) like it all the time.
      I'm not here man
      Hello it was me

Comment

Originally posted by Kes

I have to say that, for me, the chemistry has been hit or miss this season. In Fallen/Homecoming the Jack/Daniel stuff seemed flat, even the banter scenes. I thought the chemistry between Daniel/Teal'c, Daniel/Sam and Daniel/Jonas (never thought I'd say that ) was better than Daniel/Jack in those two episodes. Some of the other episodes were a little better, particularly the stuff in Fallout. The elevator scene in Grace was just weird (to me).

So I agree that they're still friends but somehow the chemistry hasn't lifted the humdrum scenes the way it used to.
        The chemistry is still there, the problem is that there were basically zero scenes between them in season 7.
        The writers are trying to kill their friendship with no scenes or weird stuff(like the scene in Grace).
        MS is doing his best from the little that they're given, and sometimes also RDA, but it's almost impossible to show a friendship with zero scenes.
        And even with the few seconds they were given in season 7, there's still much more chemistry between Jack and Daniel than Jack/Sam or Teal'c/Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
          BTW, does anyone know if they filmed this as written and then trimmed the scene down? Or did the scene get changed before it was ever filmed?
          Yes, I was wonder the same thing.

Acording to a Thread in the season 7 folder the Region 2 DVD for The Lost City is going to be played like they did with Children of The Gods, as one "movie".

While I asked, I haven't heard if that means they'll have any missing scenes like the Jack/Daniel one from CotG.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up just in case, but I could see them doing that, cutting it for time, but keeping it on the DVD.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Apologies to everyone who's been PM'ing me and getting boinged - I was busy at work and didn't have time to keep up with the boards.

I'm going to fire off a bunch of messages to try to catch up, but I somehow doubt I'm going to be able to keep up with the growing demand... this has definitely touched a nerve with people.

By all means, feel free to spread the dialogue privately... I just didn't want to get the boards in trouble.

Comment

Thanks Maboroshi :-)

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by maboroshi
                By all means, feel free to spread the dialogue privately... I just didn't want to get the boards in trouble.
                That means we can't talk about the missing scene here?

Comment

Originally posted by darklilac
                  That means we can't talk about the missing scene here?
                  I don't think discussing the scene cut is a problem; I just didn't want to quote the script verbatim on the Gateworld forums.

Comment

Originally posted by maboroshi
                    Apologies to everyone who's been PM'ing me and getting boinged - I was busy at work and didn't have time to keep up with the boards.
                    Hey, no problem. We understand. It's a shame that we have things like work to keep us away from the important things in life.

Thanks Maboroshi, for sharing the quote with us (via PMs, of course). I agree that there could have been so much done with such few words. The only thing I could think of that makes even the slightest bit of sense of not including the piece is that for some reason, the scene didn't come off right (timing, lighting, something technical). Otherwise, TPTB were stupid to cut it out.
                    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

DJFavorite:
                      The only thing I could think of that makes even the slightest bit of sense of not including the piece is that for some reason, the scene didn't come off right (timing, lighting, something technical). Otherwise, TPTB were stupid to cut it out.
                      Three guesses as to which option I pick.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347

Three guesses as to which option I pick.
                        Do I have to use the three quesses??
                        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Can somebody send me the quote? I don't have IM, but you (whoever has it) can email it to me. Thanks.
                          Chachu

Comment

I'm trying to remain spoiler-free (it's a weird sort of spoiler-free, I don't read spoilers, but I have to read the threads of everyone discussing them )

But please, spoil me! Is there any Jack and Daniel -ness hinted at at all yet?

(Remember spoiler space, or I'll have to get out the pink stars )

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              But please, spoil me! Is there any Jack and Daniel -ness hinted at at all yet?
                              Spoilers for hints of Jack and Daniel-ness in season 8.....
                              New Order 2 - MS said at a convention that there is some good Jack and Daniel banter in this episode.

Sacrifices - I saw a spoiler that indicated there might be a treat or two for Jack and Daniel friendship fans in this one

Last edited by keshou; 13 June 2004, 09:04 AM. Reason: my spelling gets worse & worse
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

^That's certainly good news. I missed the occasional playfulness between them -- they have been far too solemn around each other lately.
                                In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X