No announcement yet.

The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, just spotted this and I have got to dive right in here. Love that pic, Daniel as Jack's bi*ch! I thought slashing wasn't strictly kosher on Gateworld but I noticed a McShep thread earlier today so maybe things are looking up. Slashiest moment? Apart from the above Spacemonkey episode, how about Jack being caught looking at Daniel's naked flag-wrapped bod and running his hand suggestively up the flagpole. That's my fave. Don't have a pic of that for the moment so here's a snap of our heroes bunking off somewhere together.

sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
      Ooh, just spotted this and I have got to dive right in here. Love that pic, Daniel as Jack's bi*ch! I thought slashing wasn't strictly kosher on Gateworld but I noticed a McShep thread earlier today so maybe things are looking up. Slashiest moment? Apart from the above Spacemonkey episode, how about Jack being caught looking at Daniel's naked flag-wrapped bod and running his hand suggestively up the flagpole. That's my fave. Don't have a pic of that for the moment so here's a snap of our heroes bunking off somewhere together.
      I don't think that slash is discouraged here but this isn't a forum particularly high in slash fans, fans tend to congregate with other like minded fans.
      But I am fond of this forum and I know from other threads that there are other slash fans here. But I am just as happy to have conversations with friendship fans too.

The flag scene was hilarious, RDA's comic acting was supurb. Jack got just what he'd always wanted, Dannyboy nekkid in his office. I don't have a cap of the most suspect moment, when Jack has to adjust his shirt for some reason...

Oh, look a flag pole...

I wasn't looking, honestly.

Eyes front, Jack

FF. Bad Woman (tm)
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks FF! *drools*
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

*pops into FF's nice shiny new thread to have a look round*

Originally posted by Frostfox
          And you just KNOW that Daniel knows EXACTLY what Jack's thinking too....telepathy I tell you....

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I've always loved the friendship between Jack and Daniel, but I only like slash in fanfics and such
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

So, is this primarily for slash discussion, or slash and/or friendship? The first post seems to imply that this is a discussion for a slash pairing primarily. I just want to clarify.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                So, is this primarily for slash discussion, or slash and/or friendship? The first post seems to imply that this is a discussion for a slash pairing primarily. I just want to clarify.
                Dani, I don't mind.

I tend to do the friendship riff for the show and the slash angle for fanfic, purely because slash is my kink. Why have one hot man when you can have two? And there is no denying their friendship in the show, they are so different but have worked so much to have such a close relationship.

I know full well that a lot of the slashy screen caps are only that way because they are taken out of contex but it's fun and I am in fandom to enjoy myself and have fun away from the hassles of RL.

I am amused by the flag sequence because it is one of the few out and out occasions on the show when what I read in the subtext seems very overt and obvious.

I'm very happy to discuss just the friendship aspect of J/D with you to your hearts content.

FF
                sigpic

Comment

*sneaks in and looks around* Pretty, Frostfox! Very pretty! Love what you've done with place!

As a J/S fic writer, it's quite possible I'm not supposed to be here. But... I'm an open minded, equal opportunity kinda gal! *winks*

And besides, Spacemonkey! Definately the scene in Threads where Jack can't figure out where to look and ends up playing with the flagpole. Talk about Freudian! *cackle*

Here's few poor caps of the shirt thing! I don't have a good copy of the episode...

*sneaks out*

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                    *sneaks in and looks around* Pretty, Frostfox! Very pretty! Love what you've done with place!

As a J/S fic writer, it's quite possible I'm not supposed to be here. But... I'm an open minded, equal opportunity kinda gal! *winks*

And besides, Spacemonkey! Definately the scene in Threads where Jack can't figure out where to look and ends up playing with the flagpole. Talk about Freudian! *cackle*
                    *sneaks out*
                    Spacemonkey indeed. I love the moment after the hug where MS (not Daniel, MS) quite clearly mouths "What?" at RDA, I assume Spacemonkey wasn't in the script?

The promo picture I used in my first post is also very hard to inteprete in any other way. It helps that it's a fabulous shot of the pair of them.

FF - don't worry, some of my best friends are into het, they all grow out of it eventually.
                    sigpic

Comment

Howdy!
                      nice little hideaway ya got here FF. For me, I had always heard of a fanfic by Anais...then when I started to read it I was captured...hook, line , and sinker...so to speak! And I agree that each person into slash reads the scenes a little bit differently than the norm...but for me...it is there! ok enough blabber. let's examine some more evidence, shall we?

very early THING...I suspect even before they knew about THING! beer always loosens my man up, why not these 2?

Comment

Spacemonkey indeed. I love the moment after the hug where MS (not Daniel, MS) quite clearly mouths "What?" at RDA, I assume Spacemonkey wasn't in the script?

The promo picture I used in my first post is also very hard to inteprete in any other way. It helps that it's a fabulous shot of the pair of them.

FF - don't worry, some of my best friends are into het, they all grow out of it eventually.
                        Yes, the infamous slave piccie! Glare on his glasses, my posterior! *cackle*

Comment

Great new thread you have here.
                          So you plan on spreading your corruption beyond the DJ THUNK THREAD?

So now I have to keep up with three threads (DJ THUNK, Mckay/Sheppard and this one)?
                          Your influence has gone a long way, FF.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

One of my fave friendship moments is at the end of S7 Homecoming. It is just after Jonas has left and Daniel is standing there at the bottom of the ramp staring at the Stargate. Jack tells him that dinner is at 7 so don't be late. The smile on Jack's face and just the way he turned and walked away just made me squee. You could just tell how happy he was that Daniel was back and that all was right with the world again.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

I never noticed that. I'll have to watch again.

It's one of my favorite scenes of the Jack and Daniel friendship. Just seeing Jack so unabashedly happy to see Daniel alive.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Hi Foxy *waves*! I just had to stop by and see this wonderful new place for me to hang out! Seems to have gotten off to a fabolous start!

I have to say that I got into J/D slash after reading THING (I love Anais, awesome writer!). THING was so hysterical and entertaining that I started seeing slash in every Jack and Daniel moment. I think my favorite J/D, aside from Spacemonkey, has to be all the little moments during Deadman Switch with Aris Boch. I just love all their little interactions while on the planet and in Aris Boch's ship. Just great timing and interaction on the part of both RDA and MS. You can tell that they really enjoy working with each other! I also enjoyed the scene at the end of Origin, where Jack shows up in Daniel's office. You can just see how close they are, they read each other's minds almost and can communicate without words. And Daniel just feels that he can confess everything to Jack whether Jack comes up with a solution or not, he can just confide in him.

Enough chatter from me, here's some THING.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X