The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frostfox
    It's a purely optional reading of the subtext between them, their friendship is just as interesting and as you rightly said, some well written slash explores their friendship on levels that might not otherwise be touched upon. I feel a bit like the guys who read Playboy for the articles but 90% of the time I'm reading slash for the relationship not the sex (the other 10% is hot though...)
    *cheers Frostfox on*

To me, the smut is secondary...an added bonus of sorts.

On another note, I watched Abyss again today (I think I must have watched it like 100 times) and I squeed so loud the girl next door asked me what was going on. Yep, good example for the RA to be setting.

- Wraith, who is finally back on GW after an abysmally boring summer and a long week of RA training.
    Last edited by wraith816; 27 August 2005, 04:55 PM. Reason: Because I can't type
    Co-President of F.O.R.D. My SG-1 Slashfiction MyLiveJournal

Comment

Sometimes it hurts to know so much. Sometimes I wish I could still view sg-1 with innocence.
      stargatejostargatejostargatejostargatejostargatejo

Comment

Sometimes it hurts to know so much. Sometimes I wish I could still view sg-1 with innocence and Jack and Daniel were the best friends.
        stargatejostargatejostargatejostargatejostargatejo

Comment

Wow. I must just totally live in the gutter these days. Putting this behind spoiler tags as it involves tonight's ep. But isn't really giving anything away. Better to be safe than sorry. Anyway...

Spoiler:
          So, one of the guest stars on tonight's episode is named Neil Jackson. That's the actor's name, not his character. Anyway, my first thought upon seeing this is "Oh! That's what Jack and Daniel would name their love child!" Well, right?

Hehe.

Kerri

Comment

LOL Kerri!... but then
            Spoiler:
            the last-name is Jackson, does that means Jack's the 'wife' ?
            Last edited by L-JADE; 16 September 2005, 02:59 PM. Reason: Kerri with an 'i' not 'y' *smack head* :o
            sigpic
            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
              LOL Kerry!... but then
              Spoiler:
              the last-name is Jackson, does that means Jack's the 'wife' ?
              Ho, ho, ho.

Somehow I doubt that!

Daniel has many, many, many fabulous features but Jack has more testoterone in his little finger than Danny does in his whole body!

But as I said, Daniel has many redeeming features...

Just ask Jack.

FF, edited because I had two bottles of cider tonight!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
                Wow. I must just totally live in the gutter these days. Putting this behind spoiler tags as it involves tonight's ep. But isn't really giving anything away. Better to be safe than sorry. Anyway...

Spoiler:
                So, one of the guest stars on tonight's episode is named Neil Jackson. That's the actor's name, not his character. Anyway, my first thought upon seeing this is "Oh! That's what Jack and Daniel would name their love child!" Well, right?

Hehe.

Kerri
                OMG, I was thinking THE EXACT SAME THING! ROTFLMAO!
                (Seriously, how did we not run into each other before? LOL)

Comment

::whooshes in from nowhere and waves arm like a maniac:: hi peoples!! i happen to think that Jack and Daniel make a very, very cute couple.... where do you all get your slash fic from?
                  I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                    ::whooshes in from nowhere and waves arm like a maniac:: hi peoples!! i happen to think that Jack and Daniel make a very, very cute couple.... where do you all get your slash fic from?
                    The Alpha Gate
                    Bunnyfic
                    Stargate Fan Awards
                    The Comfort Zone
                    Area 51 (but it's a bit hit and miss)

Google on any of those and 'Stargate' and you should find 'em.

And then there's THING...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                      The Alpha Gate
                      Bunnyfic
                      Stargate Fan Awards
                      The Comfort Zone
                      Area 51 (but it's a bit hit and miss)

Google on any of those and 'Stargate' and you should find 'em.

And then there's THING...
                      THING!!!! *VBG*

I also enjoy Pepe's Place: http://www.pepesplace.co.uk/

and Dangermouse's site: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dmouse/index.htm

For specific stories, everything on both those sites is wonderful. But I must specifically recommend Dancing in the Dark by Pepe. One of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL stories I have ever read anywhere. Gen, slash, het, nothing holds a candle to this story. IMHO anyway. And also her Sunray Inn series. It's fairly intense and graphic, but does give warnings. So, you might want to go easy on that one if you have a high squick factor.

Dangermouse's Coming Out series is also just fabulous! It's really long and might take you a good week or two to get through. But it is sooooooo worth it.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info. I have lots of sites bookmarked!

Kerri

Comment

thanks peoples ^^!!! i personally go to JD Divas..... Biblo's my fav author, but they're all really good
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                          thanks peoples ^^!!! i personally go to JD Divas..... Biblo's my fav author, but they're all really good
                          Also, there's a J/D fic rec thread in the fic section of the forum.

On another note, I fed my Abyss addiction today. You can just see how in love they are! *snifflesquee*

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
                            THING!!!! *VBG*

I also enjoy Pepe's Place: http://www.pepesplace.co.uk/

and Dangermouse's site: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dmouse/index.htm

For specific stories, everything on both those sites is wonderful. But I must specifically recommend Dancing in the Dark by Pepe. One of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL stories I have ever read anywhere. Gen, slash, het, nothing holds a candle to this story. IMHO anyway. And also her Sunray Inn series. It's fairly intense and graphic, but does give warnings. So, you might want to go easy on that one if you have a high squick factor.

Dangermouse's Coming Out series is also just fabulous! It's really long and might take you a good week or two to get through. But it is sooooooo worth it.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info. I have lots of sites bookmarked!

Kerri
                            I also love Pepe's Dancing in the Dark, I think that's her best work. Also like her : The Night before Christmast & Why Don't You Stay. But not too fond of her Sunray Inn Series, too graphic for me. I was reading her fics at Area 52 continuously in 2 weeks and notice that her later stories tend to include Sam as an intruder and OOC, which is the kind of story I personally avoid, but this just IMHO. I was really happy when she makes The Guy Who Love Me into a series, in Area 52, it was indicated as a stand alone story, can't wait for the next installment of this one.
                            sigpic
                            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Not sure who here as seen this yet as I've posted this just about everywhere. Except here until now, for some reason. Anywho, I made a Jack/Daniel vid. It was a collaboration with another online friend of mine. We are very happy with how this turned out and want to spread the Jack/Daniel love!

Here's the link:
                              http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L4JIDCXB

Lemme know what you think!

Kerri

Comment

that was beautiful... wonderful choice of song and scenes
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X