This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Spaceys Awards Show - May 27th

Canada's Space Channel annual awards show, the Spaceys, will be broadcast Saturday, May 27th at 9:30pm ET / 6:30pm PT, with encore presentations Saturday, May 27 at 12:30am ET, Sunday, May 28 at 3:30pm ET and Tuesday, May 30 at 10pm ET.

Stargate SG-1 was one of the nominees for: Favorite TV Show, Fave TV Ensemble Cast and Favorite New TV Character (Cameron Mitchell or Vala Mal Doran).

Space has announced the winners of their LIFETIME & SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD WINNERS -- they will honour the king of B-movies, Roger Corman, and Academy Award winner Stan Winston, a master of modern movie effects, during The 2006 SPACEY Awards, with Corman receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award and Winston receiving the Special Achievement Award. The 2006 SPACEY Awards, hosted for the first time from Vancouver, B.C., premieres on Saturday, May 27 at 9:30pm ET, immediately following the season two finale of Battlestar Galactica.

Roger Corman has proven that bigger isn’t always better… at least when it comes to filmmaking. Making a career out of low-budget movies, Roger Corman has been acknowledged as one of the most influential men in American film. Working in Hollywood for over five decades, Corman has launched the careers of many including directors like James Cameron and Joe Dante, as well as influential industry players Francis Ford Coppola, Jack Nicholson, Martin Scorsese, Jonathan Demme, Ron Howard and Robert DeNiro. Producing over 350 titles, including such genre hits as Death Race 2000, Battle Beyond the Stars and Galaxy of Terror, Corman is also well-known for directing movies based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe, mostly starring Vincent Price, including The Pit and the Pendulum, The Masque of Red Death and The Fall of the House of Usher. Corman has gained a loyal audience receptive to the violence and kitschy humour in his films.

A leading figure in modern movie effects, Stan Winston is the recipient of this year’s Special Achievement Award. Once quoted as saying “I don't do special effects. I do characters,” Winston describes himself more as a character designer than a makeup effects technician. Winston has been acknowledged by the Academy for his work in such films as Jurassic Park and Terminator 2: Judgment Day. He was also nominated for the first Oscar recognizing achievement in makeup for his work in the film Heartbeeps. His company, Stan Winston Studio, has been creating world famous characters for over 30 years. He has collaborated with James Cameron on the monster effects of Aliens, designed the alien hunter in Predator, created the grotesque Penguin makeup Danny DeVito wore in Batman Returns, and along with Tim Burton, created Johnny Depp’s sharp-fingered oddball look in Edward Scissorhands

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

20 minutes in right now, and it's already featured Hewlett, Luttrell, and RDA, and they were all highlights (so far). The first award was best TV show (BSG won), and Hewlett and Rachel were doing the nominations, and it was HILARIOUS!! (Basically it has Rachel starting, then Hewlett, in his best McKay impression, barges in and starts taking over the presentation...until Rachel punches him out).

RDA, again, was quite crazy this year, and is doing a "Breakfast with Spacey" thing (co-produced by RDA and Ivon Bartok), where he's basically sitting across from one of the award statues, and having breakfast. The man can make anything, ANYTHING funny.

Comment

If I only lived in Canada, then I could actually watch it.
      sigpic

Comment

Update!

SG1 Season 9 won Best Ensemble, taking 35% of the votes. BSG came second with 28%, I think. And just to add to before, BSG won best TV show with 32% of the votes, with SG1 at 31%...I think, I know they differed by 1 percent though. So close.

Cam Mitchell also won best new character. Didn't see the votes.

Comment

Wow. That's a joke. Seriously.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I think it's about right, looking at the competition.

Oh, and Serenity won best movie!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              I think it's about right, looking at the competition.

Oh, and Serenity won best movie!
              I strongly disagree. I think BSG has a much stronger ensemble cast than SG-1 does.

As for Mitchell being the best new character? I...have no words to describe how wrong that seems to me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                I strongly disagree. I think BSG has a much stronger ensemble cast than SG-1 does.

As for Mitchell being the best new character? I...have no words to describe how wrong that seems to me.
                I guess we're completely opposite on this one. I'm happy with those results.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

*raises hand*

Voted for Mitchell.

I did vote for BSG for ensemble though. Can't win 'em all.

Good to hear about "Serenity"!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

From what I have seen of BSG (which is not much at all), the characters seem so distant from each other. It's all duos, ie. Baltar and six, Adama and Roslin, etc. There's no...camaraderie (sp?), which is expected of course, but I don't like it at all.

But then I've only watched a handful of episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      From what I have seen of BSG (which is not much at all), the characters seem so distant from each other. It's all duos, ie. Baltar and six, Adama and Roslin, etc. There's no...camaraderie (sp?), which is expected of course, but I don't like it at all.

But then I've only watched a handful of episodes.
                      Nah, BSG's a great show. There are some great character moments between one another. I just feel SG-1 is a step above them in the team department though.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I actually thought that Vala would have more of a chance to win than Mitchell because she is such a different and interesting character (whether one likes her or not).

Comment

Though I'm not that into season 9, I'm glad Stargate won some awards. It's better than none. Oh, and the 1% difference? SO close!

Comment

a joke. with a pinch of salt. a bucket of salt.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

It is unfortunate . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X