This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landry in Action!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd love to see General Landry getting into some of the action this season. You know, like Hammond used to occasionally when there was a situation at the SGC. I don't know why, but I'd just like to see him firing some weapons.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Originally posted by the fifth man
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd love to see General Landry getting into some of the action this season. You know, like Hammond used to occasionally when there was a situation at the SGC. I don't know why, but I'd just like to see him firing some weapons.
    Absolutly! Lets see him go off world again though! (and not get choaked this time)

Comment

Put him in an F-302. I have a feeling he may have been a Fighter Pilot at some point. Or put him in command of a BC-304
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
        Put him in an F-302. I have a feeling he may have been a Fighter Pilot at some point. Or put him in command of a BC-304
        As long as it doesn`t get blown up!
        Captain always goes down with his ship.
        Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
        Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd love to see Landry verbally sparring with another world leader. Landry is such a strong willed character, it would be fun to see him rip someone apart.

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
            I'd love to see Landry verbally sparring with another world leader. Landry is such a strong willed character, it would be fun to see him rip someone apart.
            That would be good. I liked his interaction with Nerus (or however you spell it).

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Yes, I would love to see him in action signing some papers, pen action. Let's put him at a desk! Today's generals are not the 2000 years ago generals.
              Oh, I forgot that we got action from The Fourth Horseman pt2 - him choking under a Prior's hand. For me that was enough, and believable. As for him using a gun, bazooka, a blastgun or whatever kind of weapon the Stargate universe might provide him, nah, too far fetched.
              A verbal duel is more suited for him than a physical one, he's not a general because he had lots of muscles.
              School is overrated.

Comment

I would like it if they decideded to do a cross over with My Name is Earl (He is Earls father) and Stargate

Imagine the hilarity... Earl in the SGC, Dr. Lam finding out she has two white trash moron brothers. Well, I can dream...
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

It would be cool if he got a shot at going off owrld for something and had to kick a little ass. Not like the SG teams do, but I can imagine him holding his own with a Beretta.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I would like to see Landry in action, i think it would be cool, if he fired a weapon of some sort.

Proud Supporter of:
                    - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                    - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

I'll just have to hope something comes up this season. It's not like I want him involved in a ton of action, he is the General afterall, but a little would be cool. I just remember the few times we saw Hammond in action, and I really think it added a little something to his character. You know, proved he was willing to get into the trenches along with his people.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

You also got to see O'Neill fire his P-90 (i think it was) when he was a General at some invading replicators, but i think thats a totally different style - as it was O'Neill style to go down fighting.

But yea it would be nice to see Landry do some similar things like Hammond did in an episode firing the weapons a 'needle and thread' ship saving SG-1 from Hathor.

Proud Supporter of:
                        - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                        - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

While the rank of General usually translates as "desk job," it would be nice to see him get out more. But not too much, less the show lose its credibiltiy

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Verbal sparring would be great- I love the character of Landry and I love Beau Bridges (he's so perfect for the role!), I hope he gets lots to do next season- in the office, and maybe int eh field once or twice (I'd like to see him in command or on board the Odyssey or Koralev, depending on which one.....made it)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                              Verbal sparring would be great- I love the character of Landry and I love Beau Bridges (he's so perfect for the role!), I hope he gets lots to do next season- in the office, and maybe int eh field once or twice (I'd like to see him in command or on board the Odyssey or Koralev, depending on which one.....made it)
                              I agree, Beau did a great job this past season. He really comes off as a credible General, at least to me. I hope we see lots of him this season. He's no Hammond (who really could be?), but he is becoming the next best thing.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X