Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earth with anicient shields (could be spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth with anicient shields (could be spoilers)

Now im not sure about this but doesnt earth have a little bigger advantage now against the Ori, because cant they create ancient shields from analyzing the Orion. Again this is just a guess.

No, if you gave a Caveman a computer he could do no more than look at it & take apart the pieces. He could not duplicate it, repare it or find the neccessary resources to build it, with-in his life-time.

Comment

Yeah i thought that i was probably wrong, oh well just a guess.

Comment

At best, they can reverse engineer something, but that doesn't mean that the shields will be as effective as the Ori shields. Also, the Ancient shield tech is 10,000 years older than the Ori tech. Ancient shields couldvery well be obsolete in comparison o the Ori shields.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I shall now point & laugh at you for being wrong. *Begins Pointing* Hahaha!

[^Joke]

They might be able to if TPTB say so, but it would destroy the Belief in Stargate...

Comment

Or they could get a bunch of their scientists to do what O'Neil did, get zapped by the library and know it all and create one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
              No, if you gave a Caveman a computer he could do no more than look at it & take apart the pieces. He could not duplicate it, repare it or find the neccessary resources to build it, with-in his life-time.

nice work with the metaphor

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

actually i think Earth could reverse engineer the shields, or more accurately adapt those they already have...see i have this idea that you could integrate alteran shields in to Asgard shields, to give a Atlantis type city shield but in Asgard like bubble...leaving the perfect shield.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Man when I read the thread title I thought he meant cover the Earth in an Ancient shield.

I wondered how many ZPM's that would take.

Comment

A lot
                    sigpic

Comment

A blackhole, der, did anyone watch beachhead!
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

They're going to find a weapon, capable of destroying ascended beings, I say Stargates credibility is pretty much already shot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet

heh so so so so true
                          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                            A blackhole, der, did anyone watch beachhead!

That was a different kind of shield. And it was powered by weapons fire when it was small and then Mothership fire in order for it to grow and finally a muti-gigaton explosion for it to cover the planet.

And in blackhole powered the Supergate not a shield. And it took the destruction of said planet to form the blackhole.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                              They're going to find a weapon, capable of destroying ascended beings, I say Stargates credibility is pretty much already shot.
                              Agreed.

And about the shields....I don't see how Earth could possibly reverse engineer ancient shield tech. Considering I don't think we even know how to make shields in general. The Asgard just supply us with them. Carter may know a bit about how shields work but I doubt even she understands shields fully. I think our best hope is that the Asgard will learn something from Atlantis and find a way to better their shields and then decide to give us this tech too considering we found Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X