This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascended Ancients stepping up to the plate

I know if it happened, it would devestate the storyline of SG1.
    But what if the storyline got to such a point that the Ori were invading earth itself, the ancient outpost were to run out of drones or be ineffective, the Ori were about to destroy earth or conquer, the ascended ancients would step up the plate and stop them. If it were to happen, it would probably be at the end of the series or very near the end.

But we saw the ascended ancients do nothing when orlin descended into human form in order to help the SGC combat the plague. When that happened what went through my mind was that it was the beginning of the ascended ancients getting involved and stepping up to the plate and helping us.

What are your thoughts?
    And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

I don't think they will help, just for the sake of helping Earth.

I think they may indirectly help us by defending themselves.

Part of me doesn't want to see the Ancients in the show. Ascension has been watered down, and gone through so many changes since it was first introduced it could just ruin the show. Battling blobs of energy? Sounds kind of stupid.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I think they let orlin decend because it was the ancients or may even skara way of making sure earth does not fiull be for he and abydos villagers can rise up and defeat the ori. That would also bring the series full circle, it us that lead abydos people to victory over Ra and the eventually defeat of the gould and it will be the abydos people that will lead us to our victory over the ori and may even few ancients that agree with oma will also join this rebellion against the rest of the ancients, and enable them to help us defeat the ori.

I do not think they would have to do it like energy blobs attacking each other, it could be done like a vision, which daniel jackson and sg1 have, which will be presented in a way that they will understand it , just like they did in star trek voyager when they went to the q continum and presented it as the american civil war or a service station in a desert, which is a sought of a clever way of doing it.
      Last edited by knowles2; 21 May 2006, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Infact the Ancients assisted Orilin in descending by giving him a young body in order to retain as much information as he could.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
        Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
        the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
        Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
          Infact the Ancients assisted Orilin in descending by giving him a young body in order to retain as much information as he could.
          Where was it told they assisted him, it sounded very much like he did it in by him self in the episode, I am not saying they did not infact I hoping it a part of their plans but I just cannot remember him telling us that in the episode.

Comment

Id really just like to see the four races to come and fight the ori. It would be an awesome final episode.

Comment

The ascended Ancients will only collectively "step up to the plate" when they themselves are actually threatened by the Ori. I just hope for their sake, and ours, that it isn't too late to stop the Ori by then.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

only when they are threatened directly will they help dispense the ownage
                A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Thinking more about it. Perhaps the ancients allowed Daniel and Vala to contact the ori galaxy as a way of learning to be patient and not jumping into the unexplored so quickly.

Perhaps allowing the ori followers to invade the milkyway is a lesson and a test, to show us the consequences of allowing our curiosity to get in the way and as well seeing if we're truly worthy of joining the great alliance as the fifth race by showing that we can overcome such incredible challenges such as humans aided by ascended beings.
                  And remember!

- Unknown

Comment

Never Long live the Ori!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Well us hating the ori only helps the shows success. But i still think they are tools, invading our galaxy, blowing up a perfectly good fleet of haataks, our own korelev, well the russians when you think about it.

Love live all who... ... think the Ori are tools! (ya i got nothing)
                      And remember!

- Unknown

Comment

Hmmm...I see a parallel....

The humans are gonna get overrun at Helms Deep and the Elves step up at the last minute to honor an ancient alliance in The Lord of the Rings.

Maybe the Ancients will step up and "honor" the ancient alliance of four when called upon by the asgard...and thus the ancients would help but at the same time you would get your 4 great alliances comming together once more.

Comment

In this season some of the ancients are going to break the rules by helping us, which is great we need the help.

Comment

yup i agree the ancient's should help us when they are apon death.. we can not stop the Ori at all the Ship's are well powerfull .. might be a test for the 5th race could be i like the sound of that.. but we are goin to need more help if the Ancient's dont help us and brake the rule's wasnt the furling's supposed to be in 200th ep? maybe the NOX might help us fight them.. make us inviserble they shut down there sheild's n we destroy them or summat that would be funny as fk

Comment

there is another thread on this

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26395

i dont see its much on a choice for the writers, the ancients will have to step in sooner or later, one way or another
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X