This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss lord yu

I always enjoyed episodes with lord yu and by the end of season 8 he was almost like that friend you never knew you had
    You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Yah, he was pretty neat. I do think it was his time, though. If he'd stayed around he might've gotten less interesting, or stretched the bounds of plausibility. I never do get sick of the "Yu" puns, though...

Comment

True very true
      i admit i almost shed a tear when they killed him though
      You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

Comment

It was almost too quick; didn't really do him justice. Still, it was better than death by symbiote poison or something weak like that. There was a good whump factor in it. Besides the ordinary grief for a fun character, there was that pity for his senility, not to mention the expression on his face.
        Spoiler:

Comment

i would like to see them got to yu's old palace

Comment

There are other characters that I was sorry to see go as well. But talking to Martin Gero, the Head writer for Atlantis, I was told that in real life, people die. To move a story forward, they have to get rid of characters and introduce new ones, or the show gets boring. I was sad to see Col. Pendergast and Peter Grodin killed.
            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Peter Grodin should never have died. I kept expecting him appear because he was beamed onboard the Daedulus or into an Escape Pod. He was the English Walter of Atlantis...

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                Peter Grodin should never have died. I kept expecting him appear because he was beamed onboard the Daedulus or into an Escape Pod. He was the English Walter of Atlantis...
                So do I. But he'll not be forgottern.
                Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                The Strongest Will Survive!
                I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
                  There are other characters that I was sorry to see go as well. But talking to Martin Gero, the Head writer for Atlantis, I was told that in real life, people die. To move a story forward, they have to get rid of characters and introduce new ones, or the show gets boring. I was sad to see Col. Pendergast and Peter Grodin killed.
                  Oh, yes. Absolutely true. People die in real life unless their name is Jack O'Neill, John Sheppard, James T. Kirk...

I mean, c'mon... doesn't it seem a little off that you have redshirts droppin' left and right, but the guys who put themselves into the most danger get off without a scratch? Not that I like seeing people die (which is why I don't like the episode Hot Zone all that much - too many people getting killed), but... sheesh...

I must agree that Yu's death was too fast. After everything we've seen of this character, they just go and kill him off in the first few moments of an episode, and not a brow is batted over this.

...Not that there was much room for brow-batting in this scenario, but I think Yu needed... erm, a bigger send-off.
                  [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Well, I suppose they could do what they did with Ba'al, clone him. Then it's next to impossible to get rid of the dark Lord. And I'm all for keeping that incredibly good looking Goa'uld around forever. But, even though, Yu seemed to be a reluctant hero type, Yu always knew Yu had to go sometime. (Snicker)
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

i guess that i felt he didn't get the right send off although at the same time his death was unexpected( not his inevitable death but his sudden death) it was pretty cool and it was a powerful moment in the series.

Comment

Can neone think of a way that they could somehow bring him back NO cloning
                        or maybe his first prime (even though they never will)
                        It sucks that all the little but important to fans loose ends wont be tied up
                        I want the hippies from 1969 to appear and have that the dude became a great general or sumfin and his wife did sumfin i just want closure on everything from start to finish
                        am i asking too much

Comment

I LOVE YU!!! He was my FAV goauld my sister (roguedragon.deviantart.com) made this one:

I miss him, he was cool, honor actually meant something to him and he understood how beneficial cooperation can be (whether between system lords or with the tauri, whatever) he was so cool

Comment

I miss Yu!!!! (every joke...it's been done lol...) That was a pathetic way for him to go. Ok, it was cool but I wanted Yu to go more insane. He would have been amusing when he went absolutely bonkas.

Comment

Yu needs some love:
                              First meeting (fair game):
                              Spoiler:

Opposing Anubis and Osiris(last stand)
                              Spoiler:

Letting Teal'c Live (warrior)
                              Spoiler:

Bold Until the end! (reckoning)
                              Spoiler:

cuz he's the awesomest goa'uld! (well, Ba'al is pretty cool too... probably because he's one of the only goa'uld left...)

Comment

Working...
                              X