Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unless you have actually traveled through time yourself and made altercations...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you have actually traveled through time yourself and made altercations...

I'm more than likely one of the few people who can actually say I like the film adaptation of A Sound of Thunder with a straight face.

My overactive imagination is probably the primary cause of this...

A complaint many people make is how unrealistic the "time waves" angle is,
    Spoiler:
    that is all the changes to the present come in waves instead of happening all at once
    . Now, the norm of movie "science" seems to dictate that when something is changed in the past, it is immediately altered in the future. No one in REAL life has ever time traveled. We have no idea what would happen if an event in the past was changed. All we can do is speculate. Maybe we would instantly be in an altered world. Maybe when time is changed it creates a seperate time line while the one we're in stays the same, ala Back to the Future 2, or maybe, just maybe,
    Spoiler:
    the changes come in waves, like a ripple in water, first smaller things like climate, then organism changes, etc.

Personally, I like the way Sound handled time altercations. It's original and pretty interesting to see how
    Spoiler:
    current life reacts when it deals with sudden changes that are slowly altering its own world into something new. Such interaction is pretty neat, IMO.
Working...
X