This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Realization

I read a comment in another thread that the Ancients are not necessarily "good" because they are keeping their own secrets. It made me realize something: Stargate has started paralleling Babylon 5 without anyone (or very few) people noticing. Ori = Shadows, Ancients = Vorlons, Oma & Orlin = Kosh #1 - Two ancinet races that exist on planes slightly above mortals are fighting a war of ideals and using us as pawns with one (or more) particular ancinet choosing to side with us and truly help us. No, the ancients do not demand that we follow them, but they hid us from the Ori and they did leave their tech laying around for us... And then there is the hole seeding galaxies and altering DNA thing. The Vorlons on B5 tampered in Human genetics for years to create the telepaths to use agains the Shadows....

Anybody else see similar parallels?

I really want to see Babylon 5 have never seen it how many series's were there?
    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
      I really want to see Babylon 5 have never seen it how many series's were there?
      I believe there were seven seasons. J. Michael Strazinsky (the shows creator) only planned 5 seasons though, so things got kinda slow after the shadow war ended.

Comment

There were 5 seasons of B5. He thought they were going to be canceled after the 4th season, so he took most of his season 5 plots and put them in season 4. That's why season 5 wasn't as good as the rest (IMHO).

There were a few telemovies produced and a spinoff series called Crusade. It wasn't very good until the end of its first (short) season. However, the show was then canceled. They tried starting a new series called Legend of the Rangers, but it was not picked up after disapointing ratings for its telemovie pilot.

Comment

Its been realised before, I've read it somwhere....personally it doesnt bother me.

Stargate I like, Babylon I like, I only got into Babylon through my x bf though, so out of the 2, ill keep Stargate
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

The thing I like about Stargate is that it is set in our time and not in the future unlike bavy5 and trek and all that. But season 3 of enterprise was good when they went into the delphic expanse and the whole season was based on that.
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Similar route as Babylon 5 or not, SG-1 rocks. I love where this show seems to be heading. Wish I'd have watched more of Babylon 5 when it was on though. Seems like I really missed out.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

For those who didn't see Babylon 5 when it was on, it is out on DVD. But I don't really see SG1 and B5 as being that similar, except that both deal with omnipotent races that represent "good" and "evil." Greek and Roman mythology and much good literature has also employed such storylines, and personally I'm really enjoying SG1's take on this theme. Can't wait to see where they go with it in S10!

Comment

Actually Babylon 5 and Stargate are just engaging in the most common war ever, good verses evil. Good always has its archangels or angels who decend to make sure they are on the right course (Oma, Orlin)... Bad sometimes has a similar force.

This is nothing about one show mirroring another, it's about the fact that both shows are telling one of the oldest stories to ever be told and the similarities are unavoidable.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Just download it!!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
                      For those who didn't see Babylon 5 when it was on, it is out on DVD. But I don't really see SG1 and B5 as being that similar, except that both deal with omnipotent races that represent "good" and "evil." Greek and Roman mythology and much good literature has also employed such storylines, and personally I'm really enjoying SG1's take on this theme. Can't wait to see where they go with it in S10!
                      I'm really enjoying how SG-1 is handling things too. Season 10 should really be something special. Thankfully, July isn't that far off anymore.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

they're good enough, since they leave us be
                        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

As long as SG1 doesn't find out that the Furling (singular) was the first sentient life form in the universe and he convinces the Ancients and the Ori to play nice and leave the younger races to make their own decisions, I'll be fine with it.

I was really disappointed with B5, and hated the "new" Kosh after teh first one died. I wanted the alliance to kick shadow butt and then start using Vorlon tech in all kinds of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                            There were 5 seasons of B5. He thought they were going to be canceled after the 4th season, so he took most of his season 5 plots and put them in season 4. That's why season 5 wasn't as good as the rest (IMHO).

There were a few telemovies produced and a spinoff series called Crusade. It wasn't very good until the end of its first (short) season. However, the show was then canceled. They tried starting a new series called Legend of the Rangers, but it was not picked up after disapointing ratings for its telemovie pilot.
                            Yeah... as far as I see it, they set up the Legend of the Rangers pilot on a really bad time... the geniuses decided to show it at the same night as the SUPERBOWL. WTF??? What were these people snorting to do something like that?
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy
                              As long as SG1 doesn't find out that the Furling (singular) was the first sentient life form in the universe and he convinces the Ancients and the Ori to play nice and leave the younger races to make their own decisions, I'll be fine with it.
                              oh man, that was exactly the plot I was hoping for...(hehehe)

Comment

Working...
                              X