This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Sci Fi Computer Game?

I have been playing the X-Universe games for 2 years this month. It's a space empire building game that involves exploration, trading, space combat and building huge business and military complexes. The current variant is called X3, The Reunion

But there have been many other excellent space and sci-fi based games: Star Fleet Command, Star Fleet Battles, Universe, X-Wing, Privateer, Master of Orion and many others. And of course the dozens of first person shooters like Doom, Halo, Half Life and many many others (Battlezone II is also a personal fav).

So what are your favorites?

My all time fave space game is Master of Orion 2.

A perfect game.

Of course, HALO.

One that doesn't get much love because it's been supplanted by storyless shootemups is the original Unreal. Awesome story and great graphics engine (for the time) and weapons.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
      My all time fave space game is Master of Orion 2.
      Moo 2 is still on the Dos partition of my hard drive. It's amazing how they managed to completely ignore Moo2 when they created Moo3. What a disaster!

Ever play Spaceward Ho!? It's sort of a very light version of Moo.

Comment

StarCraft: Brood War ffs

Comment

Starcraft is great.
          HALO is great.
          Chronicals of Riddick Escape from Butchers Bay is one of my favorite games.. but not for the faint of heart, because although you can turn off the gore you cant turn off the language (or whats scrawed on the walls)
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Half Life 2, but my favourite has to be Halo. I completed that game on all the difficulty levels so many times i lost count. Never got old.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
              Moo 2 is still on the Dos partition of my hard drive. It's amazing how they managed to completely ignore Moo2 when they created Moo3. What a disaster!
              Yah, I was incredibly disappointed with MOO3. I don't even know what they thought they were doing. They took almost everything good about MOO2 and made it bad.

One that I really loved was M.U.L.E. a great future colonization/resource building game.

hours spent playing that game.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Tough to say. I've been playing Aliens versus Predator 2 multiplayer since it came out in 2001, but I also like Halo (& 2) a lot, and numerous others less often.

Comment

I dunno...I don't really play any scifi games anymore...however, Starcraft, Tribes, the Homeworld series, DOOM, Quake (especially the music in Quake II), and anything that involves battles, prefferebly ones involving A) starships, B) people with guns, or C) both.
                  "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

Half-life 1/2, F-E-A-R, Far Cry, KOTOR 1/2 , Freespace 2... (there are so many)

I am your father
                    Noooo

Comment

Half life 2 was amazing, so was Doom 3 and the halo series but my best and favourite has got to be.......

Star Wars Knights of the old republic 1 & 2

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                        One that I really loved was M.U.L.E. a great future colonization/resource building game.
                        Yes! Now that was a unique game. Played on an old Atari 400/800 with 4 joysticks. I had many a party with that game.... Corner the market and watch em suffer.....

Comment

I think i've played that game at some point, my mate had a old atari, jeez how much gamings come since then.....might not be better but well ya know

Comment

http://www.worldofmule.net/

For those who have never heard of M.U.L.E, here's a good page on it. One of the best party games for competitive Ferengi-types ever created....

Comment

Starcraft owns all to date.

AVP 2 was good multi.

ST Armada 1+2 were a bit of fun.
                              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
                              X