Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Vala offer the team in Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will Vala offer the team in Season 10?

I seriously can't think of what use she will be for the team except for the fact hat she was in the Ori galaxy and has a bit of info on them, but thats it really, she ain't no warrior like Teal'c or Teyla or Ronan Dex, she aint no Carter or Mckay, she ain't no leader like O'Neill and she ain't no peacemaker like the Jackson and Teyla. She will no doubt bring a whole brand new dimension to the team but what will it be??
    I HATE SY-FY

A link to a new Villain?

"Adria, Come to the Atheist Side of Origin!"
    "Never!"
    "Well then, I am your Mother!"
    "Noooo!!!"

She could offer the team ethically/morally questionable means to get results... Blackmail, Lust, Stealing...
    Last edited by The Prophet; 17 May 2006, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I'm no Vala fan, but I think that there is a possibility that she will bring something of value to the team.

You're right that she doesn't have Teal'c's skill as a warrior, Sam's genius or Jack's leadership abilities but, even leaving aside the fact that she knows a bit about the Ori
      Spoiler:
      and may have a connection with her magic baby
      her unscrupulousness and less than savoury past could be an advantage, one that might help her read the actions and motivations of villains in a way that Sam, Daniel and Teal'c cannot.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Hmm... Let's see. Picture this scenario - you are the poor Stargate Redshirt who draws the short straw and gets sent out on a mission with SG-1. As usual, shortly after arriving on Planet P3Xdisaster-awaits you are shot by an unseen assailant. It's a mean, nasty ugly wound - we're talking blood and guts and veins-in-the-teeth and you're getting ready to become just another nameless expendible extra. What does the rest of the team do?

Sam: Works out instantly that your wound was caused by a multi-grommeted cerbo-powered widget gun - within moments she has calculated the range, trajectory and distance and can tell you the likelihood of being hit again within a probability of 0.6573% accuracy depending on the windshift.

Daniel: Leaps to help you by pressing his dirty bandanna against your wound and tries to teach you how to ascend before you go.

Mitchell: Bounces around like an anguished puppy saying "Aw Man that's a mean nasty ugly wound! I sure wish my Grandma were here with some of her chicken soup! That'd fix you up just fine in no time!"

In despair, you cry out to Teal'c. "Teal'c, help, I think I'm dying!" Teal'c replies: "Indeed. You will be mourned."

Just as you're about to fade into oblivion, Vala wanders over. She produces a Goa'uld healing device from her pocket, waves it airily over your wound, and in seconds you are completely healed. You thank her profusely. When you get back to base that you realise she stole your watch.

Comment

^^^^^hahahaha

Comment

Cleavage

LOL...no sorry...I think the storyline they're creating for her this year will be very interesting and good for the show...Vala's really beginning to warm to me and I think her Goa'uld past and current Ori links will prove very useful
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Piratejenna, give your little snark elf a big thumbs up from me!

I'm sure Vala knows a lot of, hm let's say, inofficial sources of information. She has also first-hand knowledge of Goa'uld tech and is able to use the devices.
              She's street smart and has a completely different way of looking at problems.

A.
              VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                Piratejenna, give your little snark elf a big thumbs up from me!

I'm sure Vala knows a lot of, hm let's say, unofficial sources of information. She has also first-hand knowledge of Goa'uld tech and is able to use the devices.
                She's street smart and has a completely different way of looking at problems.

A.
                Ditto that along with the ability to really talk/con her way out of most jams.
                I'd like to remind you that she was the one who came up with the solution in Beachhead, while everyone ignored her.

While acting alone, tried to find out how she could stop the Ori, the whole time big and pregnant. I think she has a lot to offer.

And she can always give Adria a "time out".

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Comment

Migraines. Vala will offer SG-1 Migraines.

Comment

@ Piratejenna

IMO Vala can offer a lot!! She is smart, she knows how to use a weapon, she knows how to get something from you and you don't even notice it and she gets the team going!!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Jenna; funny, very funny...

I think she will be a good team leader and it will end the pissing contests between the viewers over who should be in command...VALA!!!

Comment

1) Information of the followers of the Ori, and maybe even a connection to the Underground;
                        2) A way out of messy situations;
                        3) Seeing thru future villians.

Mattathias

Comment

1) A character that says what she wants, when she wants, lacking a verbal filter if you will. She also doesn't have to deal with the consequences of doing so, as no one calls her on her comments. In this respect she's very similar to McKay and I imagine it's the major reason why the writers get such a kick out of writing both characters.

2) Her morally questionable habits like stealing and lying provide a contrast to the predominantly moral SG1 team, especially Daniel. Contrast=drama or something like that.

3) A way for the SG1 team to test out their rescuing skills when those morally questionable habits get her into trouble.

4) Boobs. Hey, someone else said it first!

Comment

she is eye candy to rivel carter and is she not dating jackson in real life too or is that someone else from Sci-Fi?

Comment

Ok yeh true I understand what you guys and gals are saying but for what reason would she be put into the SG-1 team for primarily?
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                              X