This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ori shields not invincible!!!

Think about it shields are emitted around a object and shields are a form of energy but energy has frequenties (possible wrong spelling) if you change your weapon to the same shield frequentie then you bypass the shield or am i wrong no shield is invincible.

that's why i think drones can pass shields they scan for the frequentie and then adapt and pass true.

That's the way shields on Star Trek work (hence why their ships get blown up every time they encounter a new type of weapon they haven't seen before). I don't know about Stargate.

Comment

Theoretically it would work. That's why drones work, as stated above. The real question is.. how does one find the correct frequency?

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
        Theoretically it would work. That's why drones work, as stated above. The real question is.. how does one find the correct frequency?
        Isn't that obvious?! You just use the Frequency Revelation Module Device! I thought you of all people would know that!

Otherwise, just Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Error & Trial & Success!

Comment

What about shifting out of phaze? We know that energy does not effect an object / person out of phase - Proven in many episodes and also disproven in others. So I supose depending on the method used to shift an object out of phase would provide a means of bypassing the shields. Though the effect of energy may effect an object out of phase if its field is at the correct frequency so this one would be up to the wrighters as there is no factual scientific data regarding such theories.... But perhaps that is how the drones function rather than on frequency alone. My sugestion beam nukes inside the shields... On that note. The super gate. Samantha was beamed directly next to the gate. Why not beam nuke after nuke after nuke to break apart at least one section.... That never made sence to me....

</rant>

I'm sure a solution will be written. Perhaps a hijacked ORI ship or drones.

- Scott

Comment

This could work but if the Ori shield frequencies constantly shift then this theory pretty much goes right down the drain because the chances of both sides having the same exact frequency at the same time is dang near impossible.

Comment

Hit them all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                Hit them all at the same time.
                Where's the challenge in that?

Comment

Yes how does one find the same frequency.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah. Huh?
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Magnets...

Failing that, measure the energy output, and find the wavelength between pulse of energy outputted to the shield. use this to work out frequency.
                    Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Well like the Tollan weapon they developed for the Goa'uld, phaseshifting tech. Same tech. that Merlin used to hide his research.

Comment

finding the correct one is another matter
                        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Perhaps we could run a port scan!

Comment

Last I heard... Ancient shields and even Ori shields do not work in the way the ones on Trek does. The Asgard and Goa'uld have more Trek-like shields.
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                              Last I heard... Ancient shields and even Ori shields do not work in the way the ones on Trek does. The Asgard and Goa'uld have more Trek-like shields.

Well actually, Ori,Asgard and the Goa'uld all have early Star Trek like bubble shields. The new ships in the TNG/DS9 like the Enterprise-E and the Defiant have layer shields like the Ancients.

I do think that the drones work in communication with each other, when one hits and it is the wrong frequency the next one changes.

As for Star Trek weaponry is more technological than StarGate.

Photon Torpedoes = Antimatter mixing with Matter
                              Quantum Torpedoes = Phase out of our time and go through shields
                              Phasers = Phased Plasma

Even the Asgard don't have as good as weaponry as that. I know they are two different shows. Which I don't know which one is better, Phased Ions/Asgard or Phased Plasma/Star Trek

There is a way to beat any shield though. They just need R&D to make them a few Photon/Quantum Torpedoes by by Ori
                              For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

Comment

Working...
                              X