This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Judge is a Pretty good actor he should be given his own sg series

I hope the PTB gives chris judge his own series. I know that michael skanks wants todo something out of scifi, amanda is having a baby, RDA wants to retire *will return for the movies*, and the rest probably wants to make movies. That leaves only chris judge. If people have ever seen chris judge in real life. His personality is 360degrees from teal'c. He has a more lighter personality. He deserves his own series.

Originally posted by mahram
    I hope the PTB gives chris judge his own series. I know that michael skanks wants todo something out of scifi, amanda is having a baby, RDA wants to retire *will return for the movies*, and the rest probably wants to make movies. That leaves only chris judge. If people have ever seen chris judge in real life. His personality is 360degrees from teal'c. He has a more lighter personality. He deserves his own series.
    Wouldnt that make him end right back at teal'cs personality

Nah... I wouldnt like a Stargate series based on just T alone (not that i dont like him...i love him ) It just wouldnt be right...unless of course they came up with some spectacular story/plot for it
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

180 Degrees. and ya CJ is a nut if you've seen interviews with him. I think he could hold his own in a show, but I would not want it to be stargate if they do that. I don't however think Teal'c could hold a show by himself. Daniel "maybe" but that would be stretching things a lot I think.

Comment

Originally posted by GraceMolloy
        180 Degrees. and ya CJ is a nut if you've seen interviews with him. I think he could hold his own in a show, but I would not want it to be stargate if they do that. I don't however think Teal'c could hold a show by himself. Daniel "maybe" but that would be stretching things a lot I think.
        I think they problem with T.V shows, espically sci-fi is the actors get type cast. He is clearly a great actor, but CJ playing anyone other than Teal'c would just seem stupid and awkward. Just take Jennifer Aniston as an example, she has tried to go into movies after 10 years as Rachel Green on Friends. Whenever you see her in a movie you can't help see her as Rachel Green acting as someone else.

It would be even worse of SG1 actors, because their roles are so much more unusual.

Just my opinion
        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I love him, don't give my wrong, but not his own series. Him involved in a new SG series though, that I'd go for.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's uh. . . Michael Shanks.

Anyway, I love Teal'c and Chris is a great actor.

The problem with a Teal'c-centric episode is his involvement with the Jaffa Council. If it weren't for the Ori (which would probably need to be resolved before SG-1 went off the air), he'd spend all of his time on the Jaffa Council.

And we really don't need a sci-fi "West Wing."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              I love him, don't give my wrong, but not his own series. Him involved in a new SG series though, that I'd go for.
              As long as he's not part of the ruling Jaffa nation. I don't want to see that show. Politics DO suck everywhere.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

They should give Sam command of an Asgard donated vessel and send her and Teal'c (and Daniel if Michael Shanks wants to move) off to explore a new galaxy, possibly the Furlings' home galaxy.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                  As much as I love Teal'c, I think it would take a very good writing team with really original storylines to turn the character into a leading man character.

Besides, I seriously doubt that would be the case as Chris has said on numerous occassions that he probably won't act after SG-1 ends. He's said he would much rather write and direct, which I think would actually be a better long term career choice for him. He's also a very good photographer so I'm sure he'll do more of that once the series comes to an end or at least I hope he'll have the opportunity to do more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                    I think they problem with T.V shows, espically sci-fi is the actors get type cast. He is clearly a great actor, but CJ playing anyone other than Teal'c would just seem stupid and awkward. Just take Jennifer Aniston as an example, she has tried to go into movies after 10 years as Rachel Green on Friends. Whenever you see her in a movie you can't help see her as Rachel Green acting as someone else.

It would be even worse of SG1 actors, because their roles are so much more unusual.

Just my opinion
                    Chris Judge has done a marvelous job with the character he's played for almost 10 years now, but IMO, that does not make him a great actor. As Teal'c, Chris has not been called on to show a wide variety or range of emotions over these 10 years. I'd have to see him in a few other roles before I would classify him in any manner. (Certainly his appearance on MacGyver many years ago, left no great impression on me).

Comment

Stargate: T-man

the show with the fewest lines for a leading character ever, watch Teal'c stand around and be stoic for 45 mins a week...
                      Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

how about moving him to SGA after SG1 goes off the air?

Comment

his shining moment IMO was in 4th horseman pt2 but getting his onw series i don't know it would depend on what it is about
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble
                            Chris Judge has done a marvelous job with the character he's played for almost 10 years now, but IMO, that does not make him a great actor. As Teal'c, Chris has not been called on to show a wide variety or range of emotions over these 10 years. I'd have to see him in a few other roles before I would classify him in any manner. (Certainly his appearance on MacGyver many years ago, left no great impression on me).
                            Wasn't that one of his first acting jobs? He played a high school kid?
                            I would agree that it's hard to judge (no pun intended ) from just one character, but I think he's a better actor than he's sometimes given credit for. I can't see a "Stargate: Teal'c" show though. I'd like to see him do some other roles. He's done a pretty good job writing on Stargate, so I'd certainly be interested in seeing what he could come up with for a non Stargate show if he decides to go that route.

Comment

Working...
                            X