This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1: Season 1

what did you think of season 1? a companion to the fav and least fav polls.
    feel free to discuss. thanks in advance for not flaming. there is one of these for every season (if the mods don't shut me down), the s9 poll is in the s9 folder.
    Great
    40.00%
    Good
    35.00%
    Eh
    20.00%
    Poor
    5.00%
    Bad
    0.00%
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

I though Season One was great.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I voted for "Poor" because Season 1 pretty muched sucked (more than Season 9 did)
      sigpic

Comment

I voted for good. It was enjoyable and I watched every ep, but the story was just starting and everyone was finding their place. We got a lot of set up for future eps. But it hadn't reached greatness yet. 8)
        sigpic

Comment

i voted for great. i liked most of the episodes

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Wasnt terrible, want great either, so I was in the "Eh" bracket
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

"Great" hardly does this season justice, IMO. I think it was the best of them all. COTG remains the best series opener for a SF that I've ever watched: Jack and the tissue box message, Sam and Daniel having their first science twins moment, that incredible good-bye scene in the gateroom on Abydos, Daniel pouring his heart out at Jack's place and Teal'c's heartrending, "I have no where to go!"

Losing Kawalski to the Goa'uld, finding Cassie, seeing the consequences for Teal'c's past in eps like Cor-ai and Bloodlines. Solitudes, Torment of Tantalus, Fire&Water and Broca Divide. Wow! What a season!
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                "Great" hardly does this season justice, IMO. I think it was the best of them all. COTG remains the best series opener for a SF that I've ever watched: Jack and the tissue box message, Sam and Daniel having their first science twins moment, that incredible good-bye scene in the gateroom on Abydos, Daniel pouring his heart out at Jack's place and Teal'c's heartrending, "I have no where to go!"

Losing Kawalski to the Goa'uld, finding Cassie, seeing the consequences for Teal'c's past in eps like Cor-ai and Bloodlines. Solitudes, Torment of Tantalus, Fire&Water and Broca Divide. Wow! What a season!
                I agree with most of what you said. I voted 'great' though that hardly covers how brilliant the Season was. IMO it was THE BEST Season along with Season 2.

There were hardly any eps I didn't like: 'Cor-ai', 'Tin Man', 'The First Commandement' and 'Emancipation' are pretty much the only ones I thought sucked big time. Everything else ranged from fair (a couple) -good(some)-excellent(the rest).

How could I not love it? COTG - a superb Season opener (pity about Carter but then, apart from Singularity and Engima I write her out of the Stargate Universe ) The Enemy Within, Cold Lazarus, The Nox etc.

TPTB ought to look back to what good writing looks like - they might get a hint that way.

So much character devolpment! Daniel's tempation in 'The Torment of Tantalus', Cassie, Jack, The Mother of the 'gods'. Where are those other polls?
                The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Eh.
                  I just don´t like first two seasons...
                  Dogs are my favorite people.
                  If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

Tough call - the first season was great but they just keep getting better after this. It was a good start though - great intro to the characters and stories.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                    X