PDA

View Full Version : Stargate SG-1: Season 1

ParadoxRealities
May 15th, 2006, 04:46 PM
what did you think of season 1? a companion to the fav and least fav polls.
feel free to discuss. thanks in advance for not flaming. there is one of these for every season (if the mods don't shut me down), the s9 poll is in the s9 folder.

ReganX
May 15th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I though Season One was great.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
May 15th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I voted for "Poor" because Season 1 pretty muched sucked (more than Season 9 did)

KatG
May 16th, 2006, 09:05 AM
I voted for good. It was enjoyable and I watched every ep, but the story was just starting and everyone was finding their place. We got a lot of set up for future eps. But it hadn't reached greatness yet. 8)

scifi_girl
May 16th, 2006, 11:23 AM
i voted for great. i liked most of the episodes

The Signal
May 16th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Wasnt terrible, want great either, so I was in the "Eh" bracket

Tok'Ra Hostess
May 16th, 2006, 01:36 PM
"Great" hardly does this season justice, IMO. I think it was the best of them all. COTG remains the best series opener for a SF that I've ever watched: Jack and the tissue box message, Sam and Daniel having their first science twins moment, that incredible good-bye scene in the gateroom on Abydos, Daniel pouring his heart out at Jack's place and Teal'c's heartrending, "I have no where to go!"

Losing Kawalski to the Goa'uld, finding Cassie, seeing the consequences for Teal'c's past in eps like Cor-ai and Bloodlines. Solitudes, Torment of Tantalus, Fire&Water and Broca Divide. Wow! What a season!

luthienberen
May 16th, 2006, 03:51 PM
"Great" hardly does this season justice, IMO. I think it was the best of them all. COTG remains the best series opener for a SF that I've ever watched: Jack and the tissue box message, Sam and Daniel having their first science twins moment, that incredible good-bye scene in the gateroom on Abydos, Daniel pouring his heart out at Jack's place and Teal'c's heartrending, "I have no where to go!"

Losing Kawalski to the Goa'uld, finding Cassie, seeing the consequences for Teal'c's past in eps like Cor-ai and Bloodlines. Solitudes, Torment of Tantalus, Fire&Water and Broca Divide. Wow! What a season!

I agree with most of what you said. I voted 'great' though that hardly covers how brilliant the Season was. IMO it was THE BEST Season along with Season 2.

There were hardly any eps I didn't like: 'Cor-ai', 'Tin Man', 'The First Commandement' and 'Emancipation' are pretty much the only ones I thought sucked big time. Everything else ranged from fair (a couple) -good(some)-excellent(the rest).

How could I not love it? COTG - a superb Season opener (pity about Carter but then, apart from Singularity and Engima I write her out of the Stargate Universe:D ) The Enemy Within, Cold Lazarus, The Nox etc.

TPTB ought to look back to what good writing looks like - they might get a hint that way.;)

So much character devolpment! Daniel's tempation in 'The Torment of Tantalus', Cassie, Jack, The Mother of the 'gods'. Where are those other polls?:jack_new_anime18:

berenikee
May 17th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Eh.
I just donĀ“t like first two seasons...

Chelle DB
May 25th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Tough call - the first season was great but they just keep getting better after this. It was a good start though - great intro to the characters and stories.