This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bra'tac needs to die!!! - Character / Plot Development

I like Old Man Bra'tac, but after nine seasons of SG1, I think in order for the show to progress further, we need to lose some characters. I think Bra'tac should die because:

1) Plot development, all hell breaks loose with the Jaffa

2) Character development, how will Teal'c react.

I don't think I ever seen Teal'c cry, would it be possible, especially when Teal'c and Bra'tac have been together for a very long time.

Thoughts?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Originally posted by McSwift
    I like Old Man Bra'tac, but after nine seasons of SG1, I think in order for the show to progress further, we need to lose some characters. I think Bra'tac should die because:

I don't think I ever seen Teal'c cry, would it be possible, especially when Teal'c and Bra'tac have been together for a very long time.

Thoughts?
    I'm pretty much tired of the writers trying to boost ratings by snuffing out key characters every year. If you want to shake up the apple cart, forget Bra'tac. Just kill Jack. Then they can spend the movie hunting down the fiends who did it

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      I'm pretty much tired of the writers trying to boost ratings by snuffing out key characters every year. If you want to shake up the apple cart, forget Bra'tac. Just kill Jack. Then they can spend the movie hunting down the fiends who did it
      Ooh, ooh! A crossover with reality to hunt down the fan community! AWESOME!

Comment

No way Bra'tac is awesome and just all around a badass character!

Hell give him and Hammond of Texas thier own show. I don't know what it would be about but don't care really either. All I know is that I'd watch it.

Comment

I like Old Man Bra'tac, but after nine seasons of SG1, I think in order for the show to progress further, we need to lose some characters.
          Thoughts?
          You're saying we haven't lost enough characters? There's a pretty dang big list for the last two seasons combined, not to say the least about the entire show.

I say no to losing Bra'tac.

Comment

Thoughts?
            I don't like it when shows kill off characters - unless of course I hate the character in question, in that case I'm okay with it - and I don't think that we need to lose any of the older characters. We see too little of them for my taste.

I would definitely vote against killing off Bra'tac.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Pretty big list? I can only think of 1 major character (Dr. Fraiser) and two minor characters (that tokra guy whose name escapse me and Col Pengergaust).

What other significant (good guys) have died? You can't count bad guys, cause their whole purpose in life is to die.

Comment

Kawalsky, Sha're, Martouf, the entire Tollan people, Elliot, the entire Abydonnian people, Fraiser, about half of the Asguard civilization, Pendergast, and Chekov are the major ones who've bit the dust so far. There have been millions of other casualties in the show.

EDIT: Oh, damn! And how could I forget - Jacob/Selmak.

Comment

Not to mention the Sodan, Gerak, Vala, Daniel (a couple of times. Okay fine, way more than that.), face it; the entire SG-1 team, Rothman, did I mention Daniel? Skara is another big one, and Kasuf but they do go under Abydonian. And of course the list still streches on.

Comment

Originally posted by prion

KILL JACK ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JACK IS GOOD!!!!!

Comment

Bra'tak, This could be your Life!...

-Death. Ascension at Kheb.

-Death. Taking on a Legion of Ori Footsolodiers.

-Prioratised. Gerak's Replacement.

-President. Democratic Free Jaffa Nation. Replaces Council.

-Jaffa's Most Wanted. The Jaffa go Civil War & the Anti-Bra'tak's Team wins.

-Travel. A Journey of Enlightenment...

-Atlantis...

-Stargate 4th Series (SG1,SGA,SGI, SG-Jaffa)

-Mystery Disapperance... *spookey*

-Other... (?)

Comment

Originally posted by John-a-holic
                        KILL JACK ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JACK IS GOOD!!!!!
                        He's died before... Are you saying you couldn't handle just one more time?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                          Kawalsky, Sha're, Martouf, the entire Tollan people, Elliot, the entire Abydonnian people, Fraiser, about half of the Asguard civilization, Pendergast, and Chekov are the major ones who've bit the dust so far. There have been millions of other casualties in the show.

EDIT: Oh, damn! And how could I forget - Jacob/Selmak.
                          Thats right to many characters have died and or got writen off the show (jonas, weir, hammond, even thor and RDA) and theyve been replaced to quickly by cameron, vala (hopefully she gets writen off next) landry that dr. lady in a manner of two seasons its a totally different show

longlive the original cast

Comment

I don't like it when the kill of characters either. I Bra'tac dieing would be alot worse than any other character. He is awsome.

I didn't like when the killed off Janet, and while the episode was great, I didn't really see the point. she was 10 times better than Lexa doig

Killing off Jacob was a mistake I think. I liked his character

Narim (the Tollan guy) was pretty cool. Chances are he is dead

Actually, I can't think of any character death that I didn't mind.

Killing of characters isn't the only way to liven up the show.
                            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I disagree with the Bra'tac needing to die part... I believe his character is best left alive...

But if he was to be killed, I preferred it done the Bra'tac Way. Protecting Teal'c.

Mattathias

Comment

Working...
                              X