This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sangraal (possible spoilers)

I've been wondering, since I read a post on this forum. What if Merlin, built in a safeguard, into the Sangraal. Only a person, that has been ascended can use the device? I know that Kvasir said, they only needed to activate the device, and send it to the Ori galaxy. But, he said nothing, about how the weapon can be activated. Maybe Daniel, is the only one that can activate the device, and that may be the real reason Oma helped him ascend.
    Because she knew the Ori would eventually come, and that someone would need to be able to use Merlin's anti-ascended being, or ascended cancelling out device.

Is this crazy, or is it an actual possibility?

its an interesting theory, would explain why she gave a second chance as well. its more likely that they need to find arthur or merlins decendents, if its arthurs then daniel is possibility

Comment

I quite like that idea - not necessarily about retrofitting oma's motives but about only someone (daniel) that has been ascended being able to use it

Comment

ATA gene, Goa'uld Protien marker + Naquadah Traces in Blood....

Sorry, but this "Key to Save the World" stuff is getting rather repetetive, if we had the Post-Ascension key, it would just add to the used pile of Deus Ex Machina's... Not that the other 2 are, it's just that if you added in this Key, they would fall under the rank of Deus Ex machina for good... Let's keep it at ATA gene...

On a side note, are there any actual ways to tell if someone is a Post-Ascended apart from acuall Knowledge?

Comment

In deep space 9 the founders (the gods of the dominion) were essentially eliminated as beings that could interfere in the war or really interact with their followers - but it diddnt make a whole lot of difference to the behaviour of the dominion.

I dont see any reason why the followers of the ori would really change thier behaviour even if the ori were eliminated - the priors would still keep all their powers and(I assume) be able to build and activate their ships and technololgy.

Comment

There's always a catch, and there will be one for the Sangraal... but what it is?

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mika
              In deep space 9 the founders (the gods of the dominion) were essentially eliminated as beings that could interfere in the war or really interact with their followers - but it diddnt make a whole lot of difference to the behaviour of the dominion.

I dont see any reason why the followers of the ori would really change thier behaviour even if the ori were eliminated - the priors would still keep all their powers and(I assume) be able to build and activate their ships and technololgy.
              In DS9, there was still the female shapeshifter to lead the Jem'Hadar.
              While I doubt the Jem'Hadar would`ve ceased the invasion without the Founders to lead them, I think the Vorta would`ve hi-tailed it back to the Gamma Quadrant, leaving the Jem`Hadar to starve.

Back on topic, if the Priors kept their belief and their powers I`m sure they would continue their gods instructions, but I think the followers might falter after a while.
              If the Priors lost their belief in the Ori but retained their powers they might install themselves as the de facto leaders of the Ori army, trading on the peoples' fear/belief in the Ori to maintain their power base.
              If they lost their belief and their powers, they`d probably totter off, leaving what was left of the Ori army to fight/die and eventually lose their belief and cease the attack.

Long story short, if the show goes on after we retrieve and use Merlin's weapon to cut off the Ori from their followers, the invasion will still be far from over.
              Last edited by talyn2k5; 13 May 2006, 02:19 PM.
              Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
              Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
                Long story short, if the show goes on after we retrieve and use Merlin's weapon to cut off the Ori from their followers, the invasion will still be far from over.
                It would also remove the prospect (and some of the need) for 'divine intervention'. The Milky Way would just have to win the old fashioned way - with lots and lots of spaceships and lots and lots of effort.

I really expect earth to be conquered during season 11.

Comment

On a positive note, Earth's fleet should be very large by then... I'm hoping 5 ships this coming year, and then the fleet growing exponentially.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                    On a positive note, Earth's fleet should be very large by then... I'm hoping 5 ships this coming year, and then the fleet growing exponentially.

Mattathias
                    Even if that's the case, we still may really have our hands full. Even if the Sangraal is found and used to cut the Ori off from their followers, we'll still have
                    Spoiler:
                    Adria and the already completed Ori fleet to deal with.
                    No matter what, I think things will be getting very interesting.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I happily agree to the interesting part...

Can you say Checkmate?

Mattathias

Comment

I think the catch with the weapon is that to use it on the ori would be suidicide mission and that it would effectivly mean they would have to send someone to their deaths to use it. This could be a merling devise away to stop the ori from attack the weapon directly, the disruption field that it creates at's as shield, and thus stopping it from being destroy before we set it off unfortantly the weapon cannot not potect the user and thus the ori would most probably kill the user, in a attempt to stop the weapon. And this time the ancients would not be able ascend any one because of the descruption field that is created by the weapon and that why merlin did not use it when he first created because he did not want to sacarfice his own life. Just incase they use daniel jackson for the mission, as they all relise that just ascend. And I could imagen a scene between o'neil, carter, and daniel
                        This how a imagen the scene
                        o'neil: Well why cant we use the weapon.
                        carter: Because any one heading into the ori galexy would be killed by the ori immadently.
                        o'neil: oh well, just send in dany boy here in, he always seem to return from the death.
                        Jackson: what?
                        Carter: Well I already consider that option sir but if the weapon effect the ori from acting on this plain then it would stop the ancients from ascending daniel again.
                        O'neil: any other ideas

Comment

This how a imagen the scene
                          o'neil: Well why cant we use the weapon.
                          carter: Because any one heading into the ori galexy would be killed by the ori immadently.
                          o'neil: oh well, just send in dany boy here in, he always seem to return from the death.
                          Jackson: what?
                          Carter: Well I already consider that option sir but if the weapon effect the ori from acting on this plain then it would stop the ancients from ascending daniel again.
                          O'neil: any other ideas
                          Teal'c: *looks at Siler*

http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I like the idea about daniel been the key and him needing to ascend to use the weapon.....would be one of those eps were your on the edge of your seat hoping he can ascend wile he tries his hardest to get the job done

Comment

Originally posted by RoMUS
                              I like the idea about daniel been the key and him needing to ascend to use the weapon.....would be one of those eps were your on the edge of your seat hoping he can ascend wile he tries his hardest to get the job done
                              Him being the key, fine. I like that idea. But I don't want him to ascend again. That's getting kind of old for him, IMO.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X