This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Excalibur real and an uber sword...

... much more powerful than a prior's staff for example?

I don't know, I'd rather like to see something very... daring.

A sword that slices pretty much anything, that can unlock secrets when inserted, that can cast a bubble shield, make you fly, make your enemy see illusions, make you move faster, create earth quakes by smashing the ground, fire beams of energy straight ahead, etc.

... eventually fuse to the wielder's arm at will.

Or is it just a vulgar piece of glorified crap metal (stargately speaking)?
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

That would be cool. A power sword like magic wond.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Excalibur may not actually be a sword at all. It may be some form of ship for all we know.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        Excalibur may not actually be a sword at all. It may be some form of ship for all we know.
        Maybe we'll finally see an Ancient battle cruiser in the milky way after all!!!
        Subspace Energy Technology Thread
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

I hope that the Excalibur is an Ancient warship and not a sword.

In another Sci-Fi tv show, Babylon 5, they already have a ship named "Excalibur". It's about 3km long and it's front looks like a Jaffa Staff Weapon.

http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I doubt it's a sword. I agree that it's far more likely to be a ship, perhaps maybe even an experimental one.

Comment

"Exotic alien swords are easy to come by. Ace's are rare."
              --The Seventh Doctor
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Dakara Device HD

I can see the Deus Ex Machina now...

Comment

Excalibur being a ship has been seriously overdone in sci fi almost to the point of being a cliche, I think that it should be a sword.

Comment

Excalibur was given to Arthur by the Lady of the Lake. So it doesn't have to be a sword, it could be book or a stone or any other object. Since the Lady of the Lake lived in an underwater kingdom, I am wondering whether or not Excalibur could be at Atlantis.

As for it being a ship? I hope we don't go down that road.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                      I doubt it's a sword. I agree that it's far more likely to be a ship, perhaps maybe even an experimental one.
                      I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. Sucks, don't it?
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It was three clicks long?

Good to know the Babylon 5 people weren't above the rank of fan-wanks.

Comment

i remember somewhere someone said merlin was sealed in a rock, until authurs return (or something like that) it could be possible that there may be a rock with a sword in it which is the key to a ancient base built in a mountain with a ship named excalibur inside. and merlin is in stasis until the sword is pulled out
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

i think excalibur has to be a sword, its always described as one in legend. you may see a ship named after his horse or something like that

Comment

In Tomb Raider Legend it is a sword

But then again it's usually a sword..

I hope it's an Ancient starbase

Comment

Working...
                              X