This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called the Sg1 theatrical movie and I was right :D

See I told you guys, the sneaky PTB at SG would try to make a movie. It was about the benjamins. When the cost of paying the actors and crew, and how much money they could make by making a stargate full blown movie. I wonder if RDA will star in it or not. But Im betting if the moneys right and Im sure he's a shrewd businessman, he would want tobe part of the movie.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...efilmthi.shtml

I hope he is the main guy. It would bring so much meaning to the show (for us) When gives the orders to send teams threw the gate he has been there and done that. It would be like Luke Skywalker training young Jedi telling stories about the dark side.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

After season 10 this movie will be made and it will be followed by a 3rd Stargate series no matter what happens to SG-1 (get's renewed, I hope).
      If Sg-1 get's renewed, we will have 3 Stargate series a year. My hope is that by the year 2007 Stargate get's renewed for a 12th season (I have no doubts about Atlantis getting renewed), because I believe in 2008 will be made the 3rd Stargate series, 2007 being the year when they will make the theatrical SG-1 movie.
      If anyone knows better, please correct me.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Either way I want RDA back. I remember an older gateworld article where the rest of the cast really wanted todo a full theatrical release. but my suggestion is that they actually give Stargate a decent big budget, and not startrek budget. And I think stargate will work, remember, it was originally a movie. I remember watching it in the movie theatres, back then the graphics were amazing. I think michael, would really want todo a movie. It could give his carreer a big boost. If it is a summer blockbuster hit.

Originally posted by The Engineer
        After season 10 this movie will be made and it will be followed by a 3rd Stargate series no matter what happens to SG-1 (get's renewed, I hope).
        If Sg-1 get's renewed, we will have 3 Stargate series a year. My hope is that by the year 2007 Stargate get's renewed for a 12th season (I have no doubts about Atlantis getting renewed), because I believe in 2008 will be made the 3rd Stargate series, 2007 being the year when they will make the theatrical SG-1 movie.
        If anyone knows better, please correct me.

Comment

From what I read MGM spends now $75 million per year. That's $1.875 million per episode.
          http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6332083.html

And knowing how much they spend for an episode (roughly) what would be a nice non-startrek like budget to prouduce 1h30'-2h00' of good quality sci fi for a cinama release?
          What I know is that Rising cost $5 million to be produced, but that was a pilot not a cinema release. How much Paramount spent for the Star Trek films I do not know.

EDIT: What happened to ShadowMaat's post?
          Last edited by The Engineer; 08 May 2006, 09:59 AM.
          School is overrated.

Comment

also alot of the cost of Rising was because whole new sets and CGI had to be engineered and to be honest it was a movie in itself....started in teh known galaxy and transistioned over to a whole new world (literally)

Id be shocked if they had 3 on at the same time. figure 1.5 mill per ep thats 4.5 million per week for all 3 eps. That assume the price stays level which it wont....i think they will keep atlantis going but start a new spinoff...
            think about it this way....what could possibly stop stargate from sending people through the gate? I guess they could try the stargate command thing thats been talked about.
            jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

No, I don't think so. From what they said I understood that all 3 of the Stargate shows could air. But SG-1 and SGC would exclude one each other, so the Stargate Command falls. I expect something different, something like Atlantis or a prequel: the rise of the Goa'uld or the war between the Ori and the Altera or something like that.
              School is overrated.

Comment

No offense, but "calling" an SG movie is a little premature at this point. They said that they'd like to do it. Also, "calling" an SG movie is like running outside and making a big deal about the sky being blue. They have been wanting to do an SG movie for a long time now, so it's not like this is Earth shattering news.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I would love to see Stargate at the theaters (just imagine the cheer from the fans when the kawoosh forms). So I'm excited at the pospect (wouldn't it be something if we got a Stargate and a Star Trek movie in the same year.....).
                  And I'd love to see another show.

Comment

well alot of people were saying only a direct to dvd was possible. that the fan base wasnt large enought to support a full blown, summer movie blockbuster. I on the other hand thought diffrently. With the studios deserparate for a franchise, the actors wanting to move on to bigger projects, and the costs for sg1 skyrocketing, I thought it was enivitable. I think teal'c will get his own spinoff show.

Originally posted by Avenger
                    No offense, but "calling" an SG movie is a little premature at this point. They said that they'd like to do it. Also, "calling" an SG movie is like running outside and making a big deal about the sky being blue. They have been wanting to do an SG movie for a long time now, so it's not like this is Earth shattering news.

Comment

These recent updates though definitely have me excited. A new movie and a third series, Stargate still seems pretty strong to me.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                        well alot of people were saying only a direct to dvd was possible. that the fan base wasnt large enought to support a full blown, summer movie blockbuster. I on the other hand thought diffrently. With the studios deserparate for a franchise, the actors wanting to move on to bigger projects, and the costs for sg1 skyrocketing, I thought it was enivitable. I think teal'c will get his own spinoff show.
                        Well, actually, they've been planning a theatrical movie since the end of Season 6. "Lost City" was actually written as a movie release, but then had to be re-written to fit the series when it was re-newed. Brad Wright and Robert Cooper have had several scripts for a movie that have had to be shelved each time, so planning a movie is nothing new, actually, but it just sounds like it's more definite this time.

I doubt that Christopher Judge will get a spinoff show as he has alwasy said that when Stargate ends, he plans to retire from acting and concentrate on writing and photography.
                        EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

and about 2million others

Comment

I agree it is encouraging to see a movie planned and i think a new series would be great.

i find it interesting that the MGM guy is saying this, i wonder if the guys running the show would want to take on a third series, it seems as if they are stretched doing two as it is, the only way i can see a third series being made is if SG-1 finishes

Comment

Well, didn't DS9, Voyager and Enterprise overlap for a bit? I think DS9 ended shortly thereafter....

I don't foresee a 12th season of SG-1. SG-1 has made an incredibly long run, either surpassing that or Star Trek: TNG or rivalling it.

If everything is as they say it is, I really hope they get new writers in on the project. They need fresh blood, new ideas... as it is, all the stargate writers are suffering from lack of creativity.

Though one idea that might work (but might have a huge potential for flopping)... would something like.. Stargate: Forgotten Empires, a show talking about the Ancients and their entry into the milky way and the forming of the alliance of 4 races.

The potential to flop is.... that this is something Enterprise tried to do.... and failed miserably. (They even had Hoshi nekkid and they failed to garner enough fanbase to stay alive).

They need incredible writers to pull this off. Better than previously seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X