This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for a confused thinker

While on a daily walk to clear my foggy mind, a thought came to me.

Janus, everyone's favorite time hopping Ancient, left a monument with predictions about a planet's future. Sure it was cryptic, but Maybourne managed to figure it out.

So what's my thought you ask? Well, what if Janus played a similar role in our lives as well? As a certain seer or prophet of some reknown. Who am I speaking of you ask?

Nostradamus, that's who. Cryptic passages about things to come, but not enough details to cause changes to the time line.

I know this card has been played in First Wave already, and good ol Chris Judge played Nostradamus' commrade, and taught Cade Foster the secrets to wielding Thor's Hammer.

But seriously, what was to stop Janus from traveling into our future and see what would/could happen? At that point, he was still corporial and not subject to Ancient laws yet.

What say you?
    "I can build anything! Where's the duct tape?"

Well, considering everything, I think the reason Janus went to Maybourne's Palnet was becasue he wasn't allowed to Time-Travel on earth, probably due to some Non-interferance Rule (as the Lantiens had them even before Ascension- Before I Sleep). Jansu then had to operate his tests in secret, but because Earth was such a main hub for the lantiens, he had to choose another Planet-Maybourne's. Just a Therory anyway.

Comment

I wanna know how he made a puddle jumper with a time machine without the others knowing?How did he get the material without help from the others?When he made it the first time the others knew so he just made the time travel device and hooked it up to a puddle jumper that was allready made.So when it came to the second ship he had to make it,Great now I'm confused.
      sigpic

Comment

We could assume that in our galaxy the Lantians used jumpers to travel to planets much like they did in Pegasus, which would mean there's other Jumpers stashed or abandoned elsewhere in our neck of the woods.

Otherwise, he did as he told Weir. He would continue his research in secret without the council knowing.

Another thing that would cause some problems is that Nostradamus's remains were unearthed, so the question in that regard would be, how did Janus abandon the jumper on Maybourne's planet, and make it back to earth?

Unless he had a portable version of his device, he could simply go do his time hopping in the ship, ditch it, and then travel back so he could get to earth.

Either way, there's much speculation lol.

Comment

there was a stargate on that planet an theres a stargate on earth so he would use the stargate and go back and im sure he could've gone through the stargate to get the materials to make another puddle jumper and he could've made the other puddle jumper on another planet

Comment

Janus was an interesting character who deserves another episode, either in SGA or SG1.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I don't think the council knew he had finished a prototype jumper. They said that they ordered him to stop research on it, but still he persisted.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                Janus was an interesting character who deserves another episode, either in SGA or SG1.
                I agree with you there, he was one of the few Lantians who actually helped out when someone was downtrodden.

So far the list includes: Oma De Sala, Orlin, Janus, and if he counts as helpful Merlin. *Oh yeah, and the popsicle they found in Antarctica.*

Janus: Where's my ship? I could have sworn I parked it right here!

Maybourne: Yeah, some travellers claimed it and took it home.

Janus: Great, I've been GTA'd! *Grand Theft Atlantian*

Comment

Merlin = Moros.

That jerk! Though to be honest, I wouldn't have helped Weir either. It's her fault that the wraith are on their way.

Comment

Sheppard's fault, he stabbed the keeper after all and woke up several million hungry, cranky Wraith.

Keep in mind I'm a newb to Atlantis and am steadily working my way through season 1, so most of my thoughts can either be debunked or don't have as much filler as I thought lol.

Kind of like an observation I had about the bald grey pantsless guys and the life suckers.

I'll be posting that next chance I get hopefully.

I must say, I'm enjoying the response this has gotten. You're a fun bunch and I'm glad I signed up.

Comment

Keep watching before you say a word. It's definitely Weir's fault. Possibly Zelenka's too... but Weir.... dude, there are things you don't do. And she did it. Like a tard.

Either that or her network administration/security team needs to get tossed into the backside of the stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                        Keep watching before you say a word. It's definitely Weir's fault. Possibly Zelenka's too... but Weir.... dude, there are things you don't do. And she did it. Like a tard.

Either that or her network administration/security team needs to get tossed into the backside of the stargate.
                        A little harsh, but there is some serious truth there.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What confused me about its good to be king is....

Remember that it was written on the stone that someone would come and kill the goa'uld (cant remember his name), well if he was there when that happened in the first place and wrote it on the stone so that someone could decipher it...then ummm wouldnt he have been there on the planet when SG1 was killing the goa'uld? And how would he have gotten back to the time when he wrote on the stone without the ship? remember SG1 took it ...im confused
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

He probably was there, watching it in a cloaked jumper. Like... he's from the distant past, then used his jumper to travel forward in time in small bursts.. Janus could then document history by being there... and go back to his original time, park and hide his jumper. That way, the time ship will be there for SG-1 to use.

Theoretically, when Janus was making his observations, there were two jumpers. One that he was using and one that he parked after he was done using.

Time travel can be confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                              Time travel can be confusing.
                              No kidding

I can understand what you said...but it still doesnt add up.

1st: The jumper that SG1 "acquired" would have been able to detect a cloaked jumper

2nd: If what you say us true and he was there, then when he went back in time to leave the jumper for SG1 to find (again) wouldnt he have met himself causing some sort of time paradox?

3: If there were 'two' jumpers there at the time SG1 was there, then wouldnt this have caused (again) some sort of time paradox, as both of the jumpers would have been completely identical, to each and every atom?

Theres more but my brain needs a cool down now
                              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
                              X