PDA

View Full Version : U.K. Sky One / Broadcast Schedule Updates

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thoth
July 31st, 2004, 10:01 AM
Im not sure where to put this thread so Im putting it in every folder to which it can be remotely related. ;)

Does anyone have a starting date for SG1 and Atlantis on Sky One? What is it?
Has Sky One taken up Atlantis yet? Will it?
Which will air the Stargates first, Sci-fi UK or Sky One? Does Sci-fi have rights?

I apologise if this has already been answered, but Ive been staying away from this forum to avoid spoilers.

morjana
August 1st, 2004, 01:42 PM
I've read that SG-1 will begin on Sky One on Oct. 5th. This was on another fan forum, so I can't direct you to a site where the info is official. No word yet on SGA.

Morjana

Spaceminx
August 4th, 2004, 09:31 AM
I read that in one of the UK mags too.

Anubis
August 4th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Apparently, these are the airing dates for us in the UK. Like I said, apparently, Sky One has confirmed this to a magazine but I'm not sure which ones. These are the apparent broadcasting dates...

Stargate SG-1 - 5th October
Stargate : Atlantis - 12th October

Weather or not these details are genuine or not is another matter! ;)

DownFallAngel
August 4th, 2004, 06:24 PM
I wrote in to SkyOne and asked them to cancel their order for SG1/A.

Mio
August 4th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Huh? <Obviously is missing something>

Thoth
August 6th, 2004, 10:21 AM

:eek: In the name of all that is Stargatey, why would you do that???!!!

Teal'c
August 6th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Do you want to answer, or do I have to give you bad reputation? :P

Bagpuss
August 7th, 2004, 12:36 AM
I think DFA was just kidding,guys ! ;)

I want confirmation from Sky,too,but as there's no word yet,I'll just try to stop chewing the furniture.....very bad for the teeth . :)

TameFarrar
August 7th, 2004, 02:01 AM
I think DFA was just kidding,guys ! ;)

I want confirmation from Sky,too,but as there's no word yet,I'll just try to stop chewing the furniture.....very bad for the teeth . :)
FHB...you had me rolling with this...:D thanks I needed the laugh!!!!

Bagpuss
August 7th, 2004, 02:48 AM
LOL ! Glad to be of service Tame ........but I'm planning on shredding the couch next ! :D

jex_piperUK
August 8th, 2004, 04:47 AM
WTF? October!?!? If it's true, Sky One are being stupid...what happened to the normal September start? I could understand if Atlantis started in October, but SG1? Sky One are taking us for a ride.

aAnubiSs
August 8th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Jex: If you want your picture hosted just email it to me.

anubis@teamswe.se

Erik Pasternak
August 8th, 2004, 05:00 AM
WTF? October!?!? If it's true, Sky One are being stupid...what happened to the normal September start? I could understand if Atlantis started in October, but SG1? Sky One are taking us for a ride.
Just remember that season eight of SG-1 and Atlantis are only 20 episodes long (two less than usual), so that might be why they have an October start date. Here in the U.S. we had to wait an extra month for SG-1 and Atlantis too, so we're all suffering.

Anubis
August 8th, 2004, 09:34 AM
The reason it's October, if it's true is that there are two less episodes in season eight and if there were 22, then it would be October 5 by the time episode 3 aired, if you understand what I'm saying.

Teal'c
August 8th, 2004, 11:42 AM
So instead of them starting at the end of September it's the start of October, what's the big deal? :P

jex_piperUK
August 9th, 2004, 05:06 AM
The big deal is that we already have to wait like 3 months anyway for the new seasons and one or two more weeks would be excruciating for me lol :D.

Anubis
August 9th, 2004, 05:21 AM
It's only a two week difference. It won't make much difference to me, I'll find something else to watch in the meantime!

Mio
August 9th, 2004, 08:45 AM
It's only a two week difference. It won't make much difference to me, I'll find something else to watch in the meantime!
Blasphemy! There are no other TV Shows!!

Anubis
August 9th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Blasphemy! There are no other TV Shows!!

Yeah, you're right. Well then, looks like we'll have to get the DVD's out! :D

Mio
August 9th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Yeah, you're right. Well then, looks like we'll have to get the DVD's out! :D

I'll make the popcorn....Mmm...carmel popcorn.....

Anubis
August 9th, 2004, 12:17 PM
I'll make the popcorn....Mmm...carmel popcorn.....

Mmmmmmm....I could eat some right about now.

DownFallAngel
August 15th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Do you want to answer, or do I have to give you bad reputation? :P

How dare you give me a bad reputation!!

Replicarter
August 17th, 2004, 12:58 AM
http://www.alphawebspace.com/~karl/GWPT.gif

This was in dreamwatch magazine, which I posted a few days ago, and new about a week ago, Gateworld has just posted it on the home page, a few weeks late you know :rolleyes:

http://www.alphawebspace.com/~karl/GWPB.gif

Anubis
August 17th, 2004, 02:02 AM
This was in dreamwatch magazine, which I posted a few days ago, and new about a week ago, Gateworld has just posted it on the home page, a few weeks late you know :rolleyes:

At the time, it was actually confirmed by Sky, and they weren't saying anything about it. GateWorld doesn't usually publish 'rumours' so perhaps Sky confirmed it! Not long to wait now...

Replicarter
August 17th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Yea, but if you look at what they have written, it says the newest dreamwatch mag says Stargate will begin whenever, and it was in DW ages ago, if it was just confirmed by sky, they would say sky have now confirmed bla bla.

Anubis
August 17th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Yea, but if you look at what they have written, it says the newest dreamwatch mag says Stargate will begin whenever, and it was in DW ages ago, if it was just confirmed by sky, they would say sky have now confirmed bla bla.

Yeah, perhaps in the newer issue Sky have some kind of comments in it about the broadcasting of it. Interesting....

DownFallAngel
August 17th, 2004, 09:47 AM
What is up with you UK Gaters?! I WAS KIDDING!!

I have 5 -Rep points now! Stop it! Come on, simple joke. Everyone else seemed to get it! Its not that serious!

Anubis
August 17th, 2004, 09:54 AM

I have 5 -Rep points now! Stop it! Come on, simple joke. Everyone else seemed to get it! Its not that serious!

I don't really take things that seriously. Besides, I've been at that point before. A few good quality posts will get you back up there in notime.

Mind you, it was a bit of a harsh joke, even if you don't take it seriously. I must admit that when I first read it, I wasn't too happy either.

Teal'c
August 17th, 2004, 06:00 PM

I don't remember if I gave you bad reputation or not... but I might for being questioned over who I can give reputation to :P

(kidding :P)

Bagpuss
August 18th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Well,it wasn't me DFA .
That's all I can be sure about,and no,I'm not accusing Teal'c or anyone else on this Thread ! Anyone can give Rep . :)

To get back on topic: I can hardly wait for October. I've seen the premieres,and boned up on all the info I can find,and I think I'm going to love Atlantis !
(I'm looking forward to SG-1 Season 8 too,of course . :D )

Anubis
August 18th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Well,it wasn't me DFA .
That's all I can be sure about,and no,I'm not accusing Teal'c or anyone else on this Thread ! Anyone can give Rep . :)

To get back on topic: I can hardly wait for October. I've seen the premieres,and boned up on all the info I can find,and I think I'm going to love Atlantis !
(I'm looking forward to SG-1 Season 8 too,of course . :D )

Yeah, Atlantis sounds great. Of course, SG-1 sounds good to.
*adds popcorn to shopping list for month of October*

Bagpuss
August 18th, 2004, 03:45 AM
My personal list for watching both shows :
1) Disconnect the phone.
2)Threaten the family with extra homework if they start yapping .
3)Make sure the VCR is in peak condition.(Been caught out before)
4)Check the vid cassette is Ok.(See above)
5)Refuse to answer the door.Send Hubby !
6)Place some drinks and snacks at strategic positions so I miss nothing.
7)Count the ads during the breaks ! There's usually loads . ;)
8)Make sure I log onto GW ASAP ,after the eps :D !

Bring on the goodies,Sky ! :cool:

Anubis
August 18th, 2004, 03:54 AM
My personal list for watching both shows :
1) Disconnect the phone.
2)Threaten the family with extra homework if they start yapping .
3)Make sure the VCR is in peak condition.(Been caught out before)
4)Check the vid cassette is Ok.(See above)
5)Refuse to answer the door.Send Hubby !
6)Place some drinks and snacks at strategic positions so I miss nothing.
7)Count the ads during the breaks ! There's usually loads . ;)
8)Make sure I log onto GW ASAP ,after the eps :D !

Bring on the goodies,Sky ! :cool:

Certainly, that phone will be kicked out of the socket! :D
Get rid of everyone out the room, except my dad who watches it too.
Set the Sky+ box to record the entire season and copy to DVD
Have a notice on the front door saying 'Iris Closed' ;)
Of course, the popcorn and snacks at the ready.
Start watching 15 minutes late to skip the ads
I'll log onto GW as soon as I've got them stored in my planner! :D

Bagpuss
August 18th, 2004, 04:22 AM
*Sigh*I've got to catch up on all this "tech". Sounds good,Anubis ! :D
(Wonder if Hubs will upgrade to Sky + ? That'd be a start ,lol. ;) )

Anubis
August 18th, 2004, 04:25 AM
*Sigh*I've got to catch up on all this "tech". Sounds good,Anubis ! :D
(Wonder if Hubs will upgrade to Sky + ? That'd be a start ,lol. ;) )

I know they're always doing offers promoting Sky+ and I believe they are doing one at the moment. The Sky+ Website (http://www.sky.com/skyplus/) gives you details on Sky+ or go to the Sky Website (http://www.sky.com) and see their latest offers. Not that I'm saying you have to upgrade! :D

Bagpuss
August 18th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the links,Anubis !
Mwahaha ........now to work on Hubby . :D

(I'm off to have a good nose in the Sulky Thread now.......I've got sooo much reading to catch up on,I think. ;) )

Anubis
August 18th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the links,Anubis !
Mwahaha ........now to work on Hubby . :D

(I'm off to have a good nose in the Sulky Thread now.......I've got sooo much reading to catch up on,I think. ;) )

Sure thing! The hard bit is getting your hubby to agree! lol :D
*flies to shadows thread*

Teal'c
August 19th, 2004, 09:17 AM
I kick my family out of the living room and move all the furnature until the couch is perpendicular to the TV, then lie down and enjoy :P

Anubis
August 19th, 2004, 09:29 AM
I kick my family out of the living room and move all the furnature until the couch is perpendicular to the TV, then lie down and enjoy :P

I lay down and stretch out as much as possible when watching new episodes. Just the way I watch it! :D

Darren
August 19th, 2004, 01:54 PM
1) UK-published zines like Dreamwatch take a while to reach retailers in the States.

2) We reported it this week because we got an e-mail tip this week. (I don't buy all magazines with Stargate articles.) If you saw it in DW weeks ago, you shoulda e-mailed GateWorld! :)

3) I do have a life outside GateWorld. ;)

Anubis
August 19th, 2004, 02:07 PM
1) UK-published zines like Dreamwatch take a while to reach retailers in the States.

2) We reported it this week because we got an e-mail tip this week. (I don't buy all magazines with Stargate articles.) If you saw it in DW weeks ago, you shoulda e-mailed GateWorld! :)

3) I do have a life outside GateWorld. ;)

We understand Darren. I was going to email this through, but it was a few days after I read about it. I though perhaps you were busy and didn't have a chance to update!

Replicarter
August 20th, 2004, 05:00 PM
ohhh, i dide'nt think of e-mailing you.

Bagpuss
August 21st, 2004, 04:13 PM
At least we now know that Sky are definitely picking up Atlantis(and SG-1). :D
Roll on,October.........and the chance to comment in the episode threads,once I'm certain of the canon ! ;)

Jacksbabe
August 21st, 2004, 04:39 PM
Mmmm ... don't like to rain on anyone's parade, but I emailed Sky just last week about Season 8 SG and Atlantis and got this reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail about Stargate Atlantis..

Unfortunately, no information is available at present with regard to Stargate Atlantis, however, you may be interested to know that season 8 of 'Stargate SG1' commences on 05/10/04 broadcasting Tuesdays at 8pm.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us at Sky.

Kind regards

John Smith
Viewer Relations"

So .... YAY!!! for SG-1, but looks like the jury's out on whether we get Atlantis or not :( I mean October isnt that far away, you'd think they'd know by now!!

Bagpuss
August 21st, 2004, 04:51 PM
Don't worry,you're not raining on my parade. I like dealing in facts ! :D
There's plenty time for Sky to confirm or deny the Atlantis pick-up,so back to playing "wait and see" !
Thanks for posting your e-mail here. :D

Frostfox
August 22nd, 2004, 05:45 AM
Due to our glorious victory in the 4th Test, the Cricket finshed Saturday so Channel 4 are showing random repeats this aftenoon and Stargate SG1 is on at 2.45.
Don't know what episode, but it's a diverting way to spend 3/4 of an hour. :p

Bagpuss
August 22nd, 2004, 06:32 AM
Hi,and welcome to the forum . :D
Mmm ! Good news about the cricket.(I like playing it,Hubby's the viewer,lol. ;) )
If I can get him to switch from Olympics,I'll check out the SG ep ! :D

*Sigh* Beats waiting to read confirmation of Atlantis from Sky ....... ;)

EDIT : Woo-hoo ! Redemption Pt2 !! :D :cool: :D
Thanks sooooooo much !(Sorry for going OTT,but my copy was eaten by the VCR last week ! :o )

AmberLM
August 22nd, 2004, 07:33 AM
I've read that SG-1 will begin on Sky One on Oct. 5th. This was on another fan forum, so I can't direct you to a site where the info is official. No word yet on SGA.

Morjana

October!?! No friggin' way am I waiting until October to watch the new episodes! We were ahead of the US last season and now they're putting us months behind again?!? NOT fair! Oh well, at least it's better than waiting for Channel 4 to show 'em!

Bagpuss
August 22nd, 2004, 07:49 AM
October 5th is the set date,alas. ;) I hope they show the S.8 "Lowdown" the week previous,like they did last year .........and of course Atlantis. :)

*Sends hopeful warm fuzzies to all Brits waiting for confirmation !* :D

:D *Sends even warmer fuzzies to BSkyB.* :D

Teal'c
August 22nd, 2004, 08:56 AM
October!?! No friggin' way am I waiting until October to watch the new episodes! We were ahead of the US last season and now they're putting us months behind again?!? NOT fair! Oh well, at least it's better than waiting for Channel 4 to show 'em!
No... no... just no!!! :P

Sky were not ahead of SciFi last year until the SECOND HALF of the season, why can nobody get this into their HEADS!!! :P

Anubis
August 22nd, 2004, 09:01 AM
October 5th is the set date,alas. ;) I hope they show the S.8 "Lowdown" the week previous,like they did last year .........and of course Atlantis. :)

*Sends hopeful warm fuzzies to all Brits waiting for confirmation !* :D

:D *Sends even warmer fuzzies to BSkyB.* :D

I too hope we get the Lowdown because I'm really looking forward to watching it.

I agree Teal'c why can't anyone seem to understand this? From the new year, we was one episode ahead of the US, not months! :p

Bagpuss
August 22nd, 2004, 09:12 AM
Relax,Teal'c and Anubis. I get your meaning fine ,but Amber's very new to the forum ! Give her a chance,please. :D

Think calm thoughts, of how great it'll be, when you can relax and watch in comfort at a decent time of day,lol ! ;)

Works for me anyway . :D

Anubis
August 22nd, 2004, 09:54 AM
Relax,Teal'c and Anubis. I get your meaning fine ,but Amber's very new to the forum ! Give her a chance,please. :D

Think calm thoughts, of how great it'll be, when you can relax and watch in comfort at a decent time of day,lol ! ;)

Works for me anyway . :D

lol FHB. I'm calm, but the show didn't finish that long ago! :p

Jacksbabe
August 22nd, 2004, 10:35 AM
I too hope we get the Lowdown because I'm really looking forward to watching it.

I agree Teal'c why can't anyone seem to understand this? From the new year, we was one episode ahead of the US, not months! :p

I've already seen part of The Lowdown (thank heaven for a wonderful friend who knows good downloading!) ... it looks brilliant - as ever!

And about being ahead of the US. I heard that one reason that we would be starting later was to off set the fact that there are less episodes in Season 8 than there were in Season 7. This way we'll still end up being ahead come the New Year ..... or something like that anyway. I never was good at paraphrasing! :P

Anubis
August 22nd, 2004, 10:37 AM
I've already seen part of The Lowdown (thank heaven for a wonderful friend who knows good downloading!) ... it looks brilliant - as ever!

And about being ahead of the US. I heard that one reason that we would be starting later was to off set the fact that there are less episodes in Season 8 than there were in Season 7. This way we'll still end up being ahead come the New Year ..... or something like that anyway. I never was good at paraphrasing! :P

Yes, I read that it will still be possible to take over the US on airing! [YAY] I know that if there were 22 episodes, we'd begin airing mid-September but they've started airing it from where episode three would be starting, if you get what I'm saying! ;)

Bagpuss
August 22nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
lol FHB. I'm calm, but the show didn't finish that long ago! :p
LOL ! The wonders of "tech"....... ;)
*Sigh*
*Ticks off today on the calendar* :)

Anubis
August 22nd, 2004, 11:08 AM
LOL ! The wonders of "tech"....... ;)
*Sigh*
*Ticks off today on the calendar* :)

Yet another day out of the way! I just hope that the time flies by whilst we're waiting for it.

Jacksbabe
August 22nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Yes, I read that it will still be possible to take over the US on airing! [YAY] I know that if there were 22 episodes, we'd begin airing mid-September but they've started airing it from where episode three would be starting, if you get what I'm saying! ;)

Yeah I get what you mean - they're starting airing it two weeks later than normal. I bet we dont get New Order Parts 1 and 2 together though :(

Anubis
August 22nd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah I get what you mean - they're starting airing it two weeks later than normal. I bet we dont get New Order Parts 1 and 2 together though :(

No, I bet we don't. If we do, that would be awesome!

DownFallAngel
August 23rd, 2004, 08:25 AM
Thats a crime against humanity if you don't get to see New Order and Rising in its entirty.

Also, will you guys not get the break again? Seeing as how you are starting 08-12 weeks after us.

Anubis
August 23rd, 2004, 08:37 AM
We'll still get the Christmas break I suppose as normal and then return broadcasting in the New Year. We may go ahead by a weeks airing, but it may be different because of the reduced episodes.

DownFallAngel
August 23rd, 2004, 08:44 AM
SO when does the season start back up? March usuaully? So yea, you guys will have the first 10 epsidoes, and thats what...10 weeks of SG1? Then you guys get a reduced break and the other 10 episodes.

Sounds cool.

Anubis
August 23rd, 2004, 08:57 AM
SO when does the season start back up? March usuaully? So yea, you guys will have the first 10 epsidoes, and thats what...10 weeks of SG1? Then you guys get a reduced break and the other 10 episodes.

Sounds cool.

Stargate season eight begins airing October 5 and I'm guessing up to the one week before Christmas. It will then take about three weeks break and return about the 8th like last year.

PacMan
August 26th, 2004, 03:18 AM
I couldnt wait so I downlaoded em the quality was really, really bad but hey it doesnt matter coz it was a good episode

Anubis
August 26th, 2004, 04:07 AM
I couldnt wait so I downlaoded em the quality was really, really bad but hey it doesnt matter coz it was a good episode

I prefer to watch the on a tv, since that's what they were made for. No matter how big the file or download of an episode, you can't match the quality! ;)

Jacksbabe
August 26th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I prefer to watch the on a tv, since that's what they were made for. No matter how big the file or download of an episode, you can't match the quality! ;)

A friend of mine downloaded the eps so far for me - really good quality, but the first one cant be played on my tv dvd player - so ive got to watch it up here and then on the 'big screen', worth it though :D

Anubis
August 27th, 2004, 03:37 AM
A friend of mine downloaded the eps so far for me - really good quality, but the first one cant be played on my tv dvd player - so ive got to watch it up here and then on the 'big screen', worth it though :D

Well, this month is almost over so one just over one to go! Not long now! ;)

Jacksbabe
August 27th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Well, this month is almost over so one just over one to go! Not long now! ;)

Yep, beginning of October is going to be brilliant. First meeting Amanda, then the start of Season 8 - does life get any better? :D

Anubis
August 27th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Yep, beginning of October is going to be brilliant. First meeting Amanda, then the start of Season 8 - does life get any better? :D

Yep, I meet her on the 1st or more likely the 2nd, and then on the 5th season eight starts! YAY! :D

Jacksbabe
August 27th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Yep, I meet her on the 1st or more likely the 2nd, and then on the 5th season eight starts! YAY! :D

Ah your attending Collectormania too then? :D

Anubis
August 27th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Ah your attending Collectormania too then? :D

Certainly. And now there's a 1hour talk with AT on the Sunday from 12pm-1pm. Sounds cool. But I'll be attending on the Saturday.

X-5
August 27th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone,

As there seems to be much debate over the UK schedules at present, I am pleased to confirm the following...

Tuesday September 21 - STARGATE SG-1 "LOST CITY"

Tuesday September 28 - FROM STARGATE TO ATLANTIS: A LOWDOWN

Tuesday October 5 - STARGATE SG-1 "NEW ORDER"

Tuesday October 12 - STARGATE ATLANTIS "RISING"

From Tuesday October 19 - STARGATE SG-1 @ 8 PM; STARGATE ATLANTIS @ 9 PM

Anubis
August 27th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone,

As there seems to be much debate over the UK schedules at present, I am pleased to confirm the following...

Tuesday September 21 - STARGATE SG-1 "LOST CITY"

Tuesday September 28 - FROM STARGATE TO ATLANTIS: A LOWDOWN

Tuesday October 5 - STARGATE SG-1 "NEW ORDER"

Tuesday October 12 - STARGATE ATLANTIS "RISING"

From Tuesday October 19 - STARGATE SG-1 @ 8 PM; STARGATE ATLANTIS @ 9 PM

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this information from? I haven't read anything of such nature or even heard of anything like this. If it is true, then WAHOO, but I'd like to know where you read / heard of this!

Jacksbabe
August 27th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Yes I agree.

I've received my Sky Magazine for September and I know I didnt look too hard, but I never saw Stargate in there. You'd have thought it'd have had a little 'fanfare' for its arrival!!

I'm hoping this is genuine and not misleading us - please say its genuine!!!!

Anubis
August 27th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Yes I agree.

I've received my Sky Magazine for September and I know I didnt look too hard, but I never saw Stargate in there. You'd have thought it'd have had a little 'fanfare' for its arrival!!

I'm hoping this is genuine and not misleading us - please say its genuine!!!!

Yeah, I got my magazine yesterday morning. Not a single thing about Stargate in there. Perhaps the October issue??

Bagpuss
August 27th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Benefit of the doubt time ? :)
I've had some very good info from first-time Posters.
I'll go check out a couple of links I've got, and post any info I glean .

Edit :nothing diff to the info we already had.
One site listed Oct 12 "Rising" pt1.No obvious proof. *Shrug*

Replicarter
August 27th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Even if a program starts on the 1st of the month, it will only be in that months mag, well, that’s what iv always found when looking through them, also, I don’t have my mag yet, :(

Anubis
August 28th, 2004, 02:25 AM
The September magazine arrived on Friday for me, but nothing about Stargate. Perhaps they're not mentioning Lost City because it has already aired before, but I don't know why they wouldn't mention about the Stargate to Atlantis Lowdown??? Strange.

I too check out a few sites that have this info, but nothing regarding the Lost City or Lowdown. *hopes on X-5*

Bagpuss
August 28th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Relax...I'm sure that as soon as one of us gets the confirmation,we'll post it here ! :D
(Still nothing yet though .)

Anubis
August 28th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Relax...I'm sure that as soon as one of us gets the confirmation,we'll post it here ! :D
(Still nothing yet though .)

Yeah, probably next months issue? I would have though that they would at least mention Atlantis since it's a brand new show, well, if they don't I'll ask 'em why! :D

Bagpuss
August 28th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Hope so,Anubis !
I'm getting a bit ticked off with all the mystery over the dates.Anyone'd think it was a Capital offence for Sky to fess up and put everyone out of their misery ! :D

Anubis
August 28th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Hope so,Anubis !
I'm getting a bit ticked off with all the mystery over the dates.Anyone'd think it was a Capital offence for Sky to fess up and put everyone out of their misery ! :D

I think you're right, I've heard so many different airing dates, and generally Sky are pretty good at saying when they are broadcasting the new shows. When season seven aired last year, one of the people at Sky told me the dates about two months before it aired. It's now one month[ish] away and they still haven't confirmed everything except they have purchased season eight, well we knew that ages ago! ;) I think I might send another email to them later, just to terrorise them even more! :D

Frostfox
August 28th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Just perusing TV listings for next week and Auntie Beeb are showing McGyver TV movie from 1994 at 11.00am on Bank Holiday Monday, in case anyone is interested.

TV paper says 'With Richard Dean Anderson and Brian Blessed' which is a rather scary thought!

Anubis
August 28th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Just perusing TV listings for next week and Auntie Beeb are showing McGyver TV movie from 1994 at 11.00am on Bank Holiday Monday, in case anyone is interested.

TV paper says 'With Richard Dean Anderson and Brian Blessed' which is a rather scary thought!

In case you hadn't already noticed, which you probably haven't, there is another thread already about this topic (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3688) by following that link! ;)

Bagpuss
August 28th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Good luck trying to get a reply back from them, via e-mail ! :D
There was a bit on the Teletext "Letters" page again....just as vague as usual. :(

*Goes back to beating up the furniture*

Frostfox
August 28th, 2004, 10:46 AM
In case you hadn't already noticed, which you probably haven't, there is another thread already about this topic (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3688) by following that link! ;)

Ah, hadn't seen that, only just gone on line (and hampered by cat sat on chest, sharing space with laptop, it's a good job I can touch type but the computer overheats occasionally!) I've been doing my art all afternoon (only one year to Worldcon in Glasgow, if I want to have a table, I have to get busy making stuff) so there are two new goblets with dragons on them ready to be varnished tomorrow.

Bagpuss
August 28th, 2004, 10:50 AM
*Sigh * Better than my method of Date-hunting and Date-waiting.
Far more creative,IMO . :D

Anubis
August 28th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Good luck trying to get a reply back from them, via e-mail ! :D
There was a bit on the Teletext "Letters" page again....just as vague as usual. :(

*Goes back to beating up the furniture*

Sent an email, doubt I'll get a response for about a week though, I question why I bother, as I'll get the same darn answer every time, and probably a pre-written message too.

Bagpuss
August 28th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Don't lose heart,Anubis.You're doing your best ! :D
I'm going to just go to my "happy place",and work on some mantras or something!

Anubis
August 28th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Don't lose heart,Anubis.You're doing your best ! :D
I'm going to just go to my "happy place",and work on some mantras or something!

lol How could Anubis possible lose his heart? :D I know the response will be the same or simular, but worth a try at the very least! ;)

Jacksbabe
August 28th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Sent an email, doubt I'll get a response for about a week though, I question why I bother, as I'll get the same darn answer every time, and probably a pre-written message too.

Yeah about 3 of my friends and I have all written email's to Sky and Sky Magazine asking about Season 8 and Atlantis. And we've all got the same standard reply that Stargate will be on in the 8pm time slot, but they've no word about Atlantis!!! :(

Anubis
August 29th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Yeah about 3 of my friends and I have all written email's to Sky and Sky Magazine asking about Season 8 and Atlantis. And we've all got the same standard reply that Stargate will be on in the 8pm time slot, but they've no word about Atlantis!!! :(

Well, I sent them a email of broadcasting dates, not them to me. I done this by looking around and taking the ones most commonly said. So, with me sending them details, maybe the response will differ slightly?? Probably not. It's Sunday today, so I won't get a reply, bank-holiday tomorrow, so no reply and then it's back to normal. Earliest response time prediction may be Wednesday. I'll post what I recieve in response, if it's anything interesting.

waz
August 30th, 2004, 04:24 AM
I've got sick of waiting. 400mb downloads are great quality and watching them on a 19" monitor isn't as good as TV but better than waiting.

Anubis
August 30th, 2004, 05:00 AM
I've got sick of waiting. 400mb downloads are great quality and watching them on a 19" monitor isn't as good as TV but better than waiting.

I don't know why people get so impatient really, it's only a little while later.

waz
August 30th, 2004, 09:01 AM
4 Months isn't a little while.

Anubis
August 30th, 2004, 09:04 AM
4 Months isn't a little while.

Does it really matter though? I'm not against downloads, it's just that you should be thankful to have it at all. Some people have to wait until next year to view it on Channel 4! ;)

waz
August 30th, 2004, 09:26 AM
I am thankful! And I pay......

Anubis
August 30th, 2004, 09:37 AM
I am thankful! And I pay......

Well, most people do pay, of course, unless you interrupt the satellite and steal the signal! :D But yeah, it's very complex now they're encrypted apparently, I don't have Box Office on Sky as that's like £40 a month. Eveyrthing else I have! ;)

Bagpuss
August 30th, 2004, 09:37 AM
No probs guys,just hang tight,and we'll get the goodies. :)
Let's not get uptight with each other ,about the wait.Bad enough,the lack of confirmation from Sky !
(We got Sky (Full package,incs films,sport ,blah) mainly for Stargate +the wider range of choice,but at the moment,even I, the Baggie one of usual patience,feel like sending a complaint in to them ! ;) )

I'd d/l myself ,but I know how easily I mess up "comping" in general ,so I'll just stay legal and wait ! :S

Edit: Now planning to put a CD on and sing along ......might calm me down.
(Still nada on the dates we need...... :( )

Anubis
August 30th, 2004, 09:52 AM
No probs guys,just hang tight,and we'll get the goodies. :)
Let's not get uptight with each other ,about the wait.Bad enough,the lack of confirmation from Sky !
(We got Sky (Full package,incs films,sport ,blah) mainly for Stargate +the wider range of choice,but at the moment,even I, the Baggie one of usual patience,feel like sending a complaint in to them ! ;) )

I'd d/l myself ,but I know how easily I mess up "comping" in general ,so I'll just stay legal and wait ! :S

Edit: Now planning to put a CD on and sing along ......might calm me down.
(Still nada on the dates we need...... :( )

Yeah, I agree with you, better to stay safe than in trouble. Anyway, we've only got just over one month now, which isn't long for me. Since I return to school on Thursday, that will help make the time go by! ;)

I got a email back from Sky!!! :eek: I cannot believe it, just arrived earlier today. Here is it duplicated,

Dear Anubis

Thank you for your e-mail about the programmes Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis.

Unfortunately, there are no plans at present to broadcast Stargate Atlantis, however, the new series of Stargate SG1 starts on Tuesday 5/10/04 at 8pm.

Thank you for contacting Sky.

Kind regards

Donald McLean

Viewer Relations

Bagpuss
August 30th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Waiting's good enough for me ,Anubis.Quick reply,too,from Sky ! :cool:
Back in my "Happy Place" for now.........I'm not too keen on the line "Unfortunately,there are no plans at present, to broadcast Stargate Atlantis",but we'll all just have to be patient ! :S

Thanks Anubis,for posting that info,and of course good luck with school ! :D

Anubis
August 30th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Waiting's good enough for me ,Anubis.Quick reply,too,from Sky ! :cool:
Back in my "Happy Place" for now.........I'm not too keen on the line "Unfortunately,there are no plans at present, to broadcast Stargate Atlantis",but we'll all just have to be patient ! :S

Yes, I'm not to happy with that response line they gave, but they say it everytime, and I think they've had enough feedback to want the show to be aired, so I'm sure they will. And if they don't, I'll kick their a$$! :D

Thanks Anubis,for posting that info,and of course good luck with school ! :D

Thanks FHB, can't wait to return [not]!! lol

Ugly Pig
August 30th, 2004, 10:21 AM
No Atlantis for the UK? That sucks.

Anubis
August 30th, 2004, 10:22 AM
No Atlantis for the UK? That sucks.

They said this with SG-1 earlier on in the year too, they said the exact same thing 'We have no plans to air SG-1 available at this time' or something like that. Something just to distract us! :S

Ugly Pig
August 30th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah, but this does indicate that there won't be any back-to-back airings like on SciFi... :(

Anubis
August 30th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Yeah, but this does indicate that there won't be any back-to-back airings like on SciFi... :(

The UK doesn't seem to have back-to-back airings like Sci-Fi in the US does, they show old episodes from previous seasons every day at 6PM normally and repeat the previous days episode at 7PM on their 'Mix' channel. I'm sure they'll begin airing both shows soon! :)

Bagpuss
August 30th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Well...I can't diss Sky too much,but frankly,if they don't show Atlantis,then I'll really sulk.
(Like that's much of a threat, really,lol ! :) )

waz
August 30th, 2004, 10:27 AM
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Atlantis rules and is alot better than SG-1 series 8 in my opionion and the ratings gateworld have given to the episodes.

Anubis
August 30th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Well...I can't diss Sky too much,but frankly,if they don't show Atlantis,then I'll really sulk.

lol Not much of a threat there, but still it will annoy me very much. I'll certainly send a long letter of complaints to them. There's still another month to go so perhaps some development by this time will be achieved.

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Atlantis rules and is alot better than SG-1 series 8 in my opionion and the ratings gateworld have given to the episodes.

We'll probably see Atlantis, and by this you've stated you've downloaded around the forum. I too think Atlantis will rule over SG-1. Just hope that it is actually shown.

waz
August 30th, 2004, 10:28 AM
The UK doesn't seem to have back-to-back airings like Sci-Fi in the US does, they show old episodes from previous seasons every day at 6PM normally and repeat the previous days episode at 7PM on their 'Mix' channel. I'm sure they'll begin airing both shows soon! :)

Are you talking about now? Because there haven't even been any repeats for months....nothing.

Anubis
August 30th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Are you talking about now? Because there haven't even been any repeats for months....nothing.

Yes, I'm talking about now. The last episode they aired was around April / May time when they finished reairing all of season seven again. I throught they would start all round again, but sadly they didn't normally however, we see the return of the airing of it in September, with fingers crossed.

Thoth
August 30th, 2004, 05:41 PM

That may not be much of a threat but this is: if they dont air Atlantis I will go down to BSkyB or whereever and shoot the person responsible. In fact if they dont clarify what's going on soon, ill go down there and kill him anyway. :D

I know, a wee bit sadistic, but im really getting pi$$ed off. DIE SKY DIE! deep soothing breaths. deep soothing breaths. :D

Bagpuss
August 30th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Poor you ,Thoth....you're getting really ticked off. I know how you feel ! :D
(((((((((Thoth)))))))) Now put that nasty old "gun" down,take those deep relaxing breaths ,and repeat softly after me.Come on "UK viewers",join in ! :D

"They're gonna show Atlantis"

Not much of a Mantra,but better than my more ratty version. ;)
Which ran:
"They'd better show Atlantis"
"They'd ruddy well better show Atlantis,or I'll write those Rat Bastets a really polite letter, and scream into a pillow,til I can buy the DVDs" !!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Oh Dear,I hope this cheers you all up a bit ! :D

Anubis
August 31st, 2004, 12:36 AM
lol FHB. We better get some confirmation soon or I'll be just like Thoth!!!

Bagpuss
August 31st, 2004, 04:11 AM
Glad you liked the mantras,Anubis......there's more daftness where that came from,believe me. ;)

*Goes back to throwing darts at the calendar !* :D

Anubis
August 31st, 2004, 04:36 AM
Glad you liked the mantras,Anubis......there's more daftness where that came from,believe me. ;)

*Goes back to throwing darts at the calendar !* :D

lol Another day over with. Starting yet another. Well, now at the beginning of October, the iMac G5 will be in stores so yet another thing to look out for, plus the release of GTA : San Andreas and who would I be to forget....Stargate begins! :)

Crazedwraith
August 31st, 2004, 05:35 AM
Sky One better show Atlatis or I'll go over ther and lobotomise them...oh wait that won't work. Thye'd have to be lobotomised to NOT pick Atlantis.

Well they did pick up Angel to go with Buffy so we have hopeful looking precedent.

Bagpuss
August 31st, 2004, 05:45 AM
LOL ! :D Maybe I should pay their office a visit ......if I keep throwing nice polite words their way, and grinning maniacally at the staff,they'll cave in just to get rid of me !! :D

Anubis
August 31st, 2004, 05:46 AM
LOL ! :D Maybe I should pay their office a visit ......if I keep throwing nice polite words their way, and grinning maniacally at the staff,they'll cave in just to get rid of me !! :D

lol But Sky are generally good with spin-off shows, like CW said, Angel with Buffy and such, so there is still hope!

Bagpuss
August 31st, 2004, 05:54 AM
I know that Anubis,sometimes I need to vent some heat.......but I can't ! :o

*Goes back to the Happy Place* :cool:

Anubis
August 31st, 2004, 05:58 AM
I know that Anubis,sometimes I need to vent some heat.......but I can't ! :o

Yeah, I'd like to know for sure a final yes or no answer, and then the situation can bee easily and quickly resolved. Perhaps they may still be discussing the wrights or something, but I very much doubt it. To air it in October, they would have finalised it all by now. So, it's their word against ours really! :p

sshspooky
August 31st, 2004, 06:17 AM
Fortunately for us UK viewers Sky One are showing Atlantis, with the SG-1 2 hour premier showing on October 5th, and the Atlantis 2 hour premier showing October 12th, then them both running side by side like in America.

Keep Your Tuesday's Free!

Jacksbabe
August 31st, 2004, 06:21 AM
I got a email back from Sky!!! :eek: I cannot believe it, just arrived earlier today. Here is it duplicated,

Ah that's the exact same reply I got from them a month ago!!! Nice to see things have moved along at the SkyOne offices :D

Jacksbabe
August 31st, 2004, 06:26 AM
Fortunately for us UK viewers Sky One are showing Atlantis, with the SG-1 2 hour premier showing on October 5th, and the Atlantis 2 hour premier showing October 12th, then them both running side by side like in America.

Do you have that in writing ..... and if so where did you see it?

Anubis
August 31st, 2004, 07:22 AM
Ah that's the exact same reply I got from them a month ago!!! Nice to see things have moved along at the SkyOne offices :D

Very true, I got the same thing a month just over back too, Sky certainly put lots of effort into their emails! ;)

Really? Now this is something I haven't read at all, anywhere. Most places just state that we're getting New Order and Rising, not the two hour premier. Perhaps thats what they mean? Just JB is right, where did you read this and perhaps in writing?

Jacksbabe
August 31st, 2004, 07:35 AM
Really? Now this is something I haven't read at all, anywhere. Most places just state that we're getting New Order and Rising, not the two hour premier. Perhaps thats what they mean? Just JB is right, where did you read this and perhaps in writing?

I had seen it written before - someone posted that it had been printed in the last (I think?) issue of Dreamwatch, but it hasnt been verified by Sky (as Anubis' email shows!)

Anubis
August 31st, 2004, 07:38 AM
I had seen it written before - someone posted that it had been printed in the last (I think?) issue of Dreamwatch, but it hasnt been verified by Sky (as Anubis' email shows!)

I too had seen it, yeah, it was DreamWatch! ;)

Sky don't seem to like commenting, I havn't a clue why! Stupid people! :p

sshspooky
August 31st, 2004, 08:20 AM
Sky are keeping quiet about it, but I'd guess that is because they haven't definately decided on their schedual. I think we can take this information from dreamwatch as 95% likely to be accurate, and I don't think it mentions 2 hour premier's, but considering they are starting them on diferent weeks it is probable.

Anubis
August 31st, 2004, 08:27 AM
Sky are keeping quiet about it, but I'd guess that is because they haven't definately decided on their schedual. I think we can take this information from dreamwatch as 95% likely to be accurate, and I don't think it mentions 2 hour premier's, but considering they are starting them on diferent weeks it is probable.

I guess Sky just want to keep their details enclosed until about two weeks before it airs, like their TV planner.

Bagpuss
August 31st, 2004, 05:06 PM
I think sshspooky's,right and it's just scheduling and other prep that's delayed any announcements from Sky. :)

Earlier today,michelleb made reference to GW confirming the premiere dates,based on Dreamwatch's info.(I replied to her Post,but as she hasn't posted in this thread,I felt she should be name checked. :) )
Likewise, Replicarter ! ;)
I've gone through the "General news" archive,and under "Stargate gets U.K.Premiere dates" the October 5 SG-1 date is confirmed.The October 12 UK premiere is there too.No detail of other dates/Lowdown etc.

The GW article, dated August 16,sources Dreamwatch mag,and "Thanks Jonathan Cronin and Andy for the tips ".

Good enough for GateWorld.
Good enough for me. :D I just wish I'd remembered this sooner . ;)
Forget all mantras.........Trust GW !
Still nothing about the other stuff ,( Lowdown etc),but I'm in my calm mode again.

Replicarter
August 31st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Lol, you took long enough replying to me. Also, Sky will be showing both episodes of each premier in the one night.

Bagpuss
August 31st, 2004, 05:24 PM
Yep ! :D Somewhere,in this thread,someone gave us a load of dates, inc this year's Lowdown. I reckon Sky'll show it the prev week ?

About the News thing,I thought it was high time one of us put it up again ! :cool:

Edit:UK viewers. :)
Some forums do a countdown calendar.I think this thread qualifies . ;)

Anubis
September 1st, 2004, 12:56 AM
Well, if it's in the same order as Sci-Fi got it, I'm happy! :)

Jacksbabe
September 1st, 2004, 05:30 AM
Lol, you took long enough replying to me. Also, Sky will be showing both episodes of each premier in the one night.

Woo Hoo!!!! - so where did you see this?

Bagpuss
September 1st, 2004, 06:24 AM
For backstory,read page 2/3 of this thread. :)
Maybe Sky mag ? :S
No worries,IMO,..........back to ticking off the calendar again. :)
(Back to reading my regular TV+ Satellite mag.If that prints anything relevant to "Lowdown" or schedules,I'll post it. )

Anubis
September 1st, 2004, 08:38 AM
Well, the next Sky magazine will arrive in a couple of weeks, so I'm certain it will be included in there.

Thoth
September 3rd, 2004, 10:48 AM
Ah! The double episode detail is a bit of a downer. It'll take away from the suspense. I love it when there's a HUGE twist at the end of an episode and it displays 'TO BE CONTINUED' and you go crazy because you don't think you can wait a week. And all week you're mind just wanders back to wondering how they're gonna get out of the situation, and when the episode finally comes around you're jumping around on the couch like a hyper three year old having drunken about a litre of coke. ;) It's so exciting i usually go into the TV room about 10 minutes before the start of the episode to make absolutely sure that i don't miss any of it and have to endure watching the simpsons or brainiac or whatever while im so excited im practically sweating. :D

Or is that just me? :D

Replicarter
September 3rd, 2004, 11:19 AM
That’s just you, I have to see the episodes as fast as humanly possible, and if I don’t I often make hate websites about the channel, I’m so glad they stopped that STUPID thing where the end the season with a cliff hanger so you have to wait months to see what happens. Imagine how I felt when I watched the last episode of Farscape!

Replicarter
September 3rd, 2004, 11:24 AM
Someone asked where i got the information, a friend of mine told me, he knows allot of people who work for sites such as www.digitalspy.co.uk and www.mydigiguide.co.uk who get channel schedules for the next 2 months, but only implant 30 days ahead into there guides because it often changes, he said that currently they have planed to show both episodes, and Sky One don’t usually change premier programs like Stargate, Buffy, true calling, just the smaller 1 off programs, so it will be staying the same.

Serebii
September 3rd, 2004, 11:36 AM
Do you mean we're going to have 4 hours of straight Stargate

Or New Order Pt 1 and Rising Pt 1 on the 5th and Parts 2 on the 12th

If the latter then that is very annoying and is likely to give away NO Part 2

EDIT: Actually this makes little sense

On the 5th it has 1 hour for Stargate SG1. At 9 its this dumb annoying Reality show they're bringing :s

Whats goin on

Replicarter
September 3rd, 2004, 11:45 AM
No, what i ment was, on the 5th stargate will have both parts 1 and 2 shown and on the 12 atlantis with have part 1 and 2 shown.

Serebii
September 3rd, 2004, 11:47 AM
No, what i ment was, on the 5th stargate will have both parts 1 and 2 shown and on the 12 atlantis with have part 1 and 2 shown.
Well thats cool

But that doesnt explain why for the 5th Digital spy has it at

20:00 Stargate SG-1 *NEW EIGTH SERIES*
21:00 The Match

and 12th

20:00 Stargate SG-1
21:00 TBA

I'm confused and worried :s

Replicarter
September 3rd, 2004, 12:19 PM
Oh, i've never seen that before. The email i was sent said on the 5th stargate sg1 20:00 and 21:00 and same for atlantis on 12th.

Serebii
September 3rd, 2004, 12:29 PM
I hope it all works out then. Always been a fan of Stargate and recently splurged my birthday money into the Seasons 1-6 box sets

And I cannot wait for the new Seasons

DAMN YOU SKY. DAMN YOU

Anubis
September 3rd, 2004, 12:43 PM
5th October is apparently 8pm - 10pm Stargate SG-1 'New Order' and 12th, 8pm - 10pm Stargate Atlantis 'Rising'. ;)

Serebii
September 3rd, 2004, 12:51 PM
5th October is apparently 8pm - 10pm Stargate SG-1 'New Order' and 12th, 8pm - 10pm Stargate Atlantis 'Rising'. ;)
It's all conflicting :s

I'll have to wait for the 5th to find out whats actually happening lol

Anubis
September 3rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
It's all conflicting :s

I'll have to wait for the 5th to find out whats actually happening lol

It will be viewable on the Sky Planner 7 days before it actually airs so I'll be looking for that! :)

Replicarter
September 3rd, 2004, 01:14 PM

Yes, thats what i said. You just posting for the sake of it. But Digital Spy is now saying they are only showing stargate. mybe sky desided not to show atlantis.

Serebii
September 3rd, 2004, 01:56 PM
Yes, thats what i said. You just posting for the sake of it. But Digital Spy is now saying they are only showing stargate. mybe sky desided not to show atlantis.
Or maybe DIgital Spy is wrong...wouldn't be the first time. They have been saying Star Trek: Enterprise was on at 4 Until like a week ago. So its safe to say they're wrong

Crazedwraith
September 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Oh..-insert curse of your choice here*

I've just realised October 5th. Thats when I'm in Iceland. And i dont know if any of the video recorders are hooked up to record digital. Aaargh. I get back on the 6th though. So I shouldbe able to catch the SKy One repeat/Sky One mix showings if they're still doing those.

Serebii
September 3rd, 2004, 03:18 PM
Oh..-insert curse of your choice here*

I've just realised October 5th. Thats when I'm in Iceland. And i dont know if any of the video recorders are hooked up to record digital. Aaargh. I get back on the 6th though. So I shouldbe able to catch the SKy One repeat/Sky One mix showings if they're still doing those.
Yeah its being repeated Saturdays at 8

Anubis
September 3rd, 2004, 03:20 PM
Yeah its being repeated Saturdays at 8

It is? I'm guessing its a simular pattern to last time round, but did you read this or are just taking a rough guess, they used to repeat it on a Friday evening too at 9pm or 10pm.

DownFallAngel
September 3rd, 2004, 05:18 PM
Did you guys start your season yet?

morjana
September 3rd, 2004, 08:06 PM
From BBC Cult TV:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2004/09/02/14051.shtml

Cult | News | 02 September 2004

Sci fi Sundays

Smallville and SG-1 come to Channel 4.

Smallville series three and Stargate SG-1 series seven get their terrestrial premiere this Sunday on Channel 4.

In Exile, the season three premiere of Smallville, Clark goes bad and is hired by a crime lord to infiltrate LuthorCorp.

In Fallen, the season seven premiere of Stargate, the team find Daniel Jackson on a planet they believe may play host to the City of the Lost.

Smallville is on Sunday at 3.35pm, with Stargate SG-1 after it, at 4.35pm.

For Cult's interviews with Al Gough, co-creator of Smallville, and Jeph Loeb, the show's consulting producer, click on the links below.

Related Links

Al Gough interview
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2004/02/12/13562.shtml

Jeph Loeb interview
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2004/02/17/13588.shtml

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Anubis
September 4th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Did you guys start your season yet?

Not yet DFA! But we start at the beginning of October! :)

Serebii
September 4th, 2004, 01:20 AM
It is? I'm guessing its a simular pattern to last time round, but did you read this or are just taking a rough guess, they used to repeat it on a Friday evening too at 9pm or 10pm.
Said so on Digital Spy...although I don't trust them now :/

Replicarter
September 4th, 2004, 03:44 AM
From BBC Cult TV:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2004/09/02/14051.shtml

Cult | News | 02 September 2004

Sci fi Sundays

Smallville and SG-1 come to Channel 4.

Smallville series three and Stargate SG-1 series seven get their terrestrial premiere this Sunday on Channel 4.

thanks, but thats not what were looking for, thats the terrestrial airing, were talking about season 8 digital airing.

Replicarter
September 4th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Said so on Digital Spy...although I don't trust them now :/
I dont trust them now either, but they get the same scedual that i got, and atlantis is definetly listed.

DownFallAngel
September 4th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Not yet DFA! But we start at the beginning of October! :)

Oh, well we're done with the season. SO you can have it.

Let me tell you:

Only good ones. Even though 809 and 810 are coming out, 809 has Ishta, and she is hot and a badass!

Anubis
September 4th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Oh, well we're done with the season. SO you can have it.

Let me tell you:

Only good ones. Even though 809 and 810 are coming out, 809 has Ishta, and she is hot and a badass!

I'll take the advice, but I do enjoy watching them anyhow. I do agree with your comment about Ishta though, one reason certainly not to miss this episode! ;)

DownFallAngel
September 4th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Niether do I, but this season is such a let down.

Without RDA, its really stagnent.

Anubis
September 4th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Niether do I, but this season is such a let down.

Without RDA, its really stagnent.

Shame if it is really THAT bad, yet I'll still watch as I've been looking forward to the season eight for a long time, and I believe it can be done without RDA so my opinion cannot be decided just yet.

shelsfc
September 4th, 2004, 08:04 PM
I got the same standard e-mail from Sky last week about Atlantis, then I got this on Wednesday:

Dear Chris

Thanks for your e-mail about Stargate: The Lowdown.

Unfortunately, Sky has no plans at present to broadcast this, however, your interest has been noted and passed to Sky One for their information.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us at Sky.

Kind regards

Morag Carson
Viewer Relations

:( :( :(

Anubis
September 5th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Don't worry shelsfc, they've said this for weeks now. It is the same response each and every time by default I think, yet it just comes from a different signed person. I think we will get the Lowdown soon, with some luck. :)

shelsfc
September 5th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Don't worry shelsfc, they've said this for weeks now. It is the same response each and every time by default I think, yet it just comes from a different signed person. I think we will get the Lowdown soon, with some luck. :)
I hope you're right!! :D

Anubis
September 5th, 2004, 07:20 AM
I hope you're right!! :D

What do you mean hope? I'm always right! :D

DownFallAngel
September 5th, 2004, 08:12 AM
No your not. Stop filling that child with false hopes of you always being right.

Also, the lowdown was awesome. If you guys see it, you will be like "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! MADNESS! SHOW ME SOME SG1 NOW! AND THEN SOME SGA!!!"

Jacksbabe
September 5th, 2004, 02:59 PM
I'm so glad my friend sent it to be on extreme high quality download :D Just in case like :D

Bagpuss
September 5th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I'd keep that discreet,if I were you. ;) "Downloading" seems a very touchy subject recently,on GW among Posters !
(GW never condone the practice for legal reasons.)
I'm not "attacking" you,btw. :)

I'm in my Happy Place,now,and patient.Not long to go,anyway ! :D
Once Sky starts showing the whole thing,we'll all be ecstatic. :cool:

Edit:*Checked my e-mails,just now......got the same reply as Shelsfc.
No change. *Shrug*

Anubis
September 6th, 2004, 12:01 AM
You actually expected change? lol But not long now, just under exactly one month today! ;)

This can be the official countdown thread! :)

Jacksbabe
September 6th, 2004, 04:56 AM
I'd keep that discreet,if I were you. ;) "Downloading" seems a very touchy subject recently,on GW among Posters !
(GW never condone the practice for legal reasons.)
I'm not "attacking" you,btw. :)

I'm in my Happy Place,now,and patient.Not long to go,anyway ! :D
Once Sky starts showing the whole thing,we'll all be ecstatic. :cool:

Edit:*Checked my e-mails,just now......got the same reply as Shelsfc.
No change. *Shrug*

Ah well it wasnt me who done the downloading, so I'm safe. If people deign to send me these things, who am I to refuse :D

Bagpuss
September 6th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Exactly ! :D

Now, how do we go about organising a "Countdown"......that could be fun !! :cool:
Do we do it for Oct 5 or Oct 12 ?

Jacksbabe
September 6th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Exactly ! :D

Now, how do we go about organising a "Countdown"......that could be fun !! :cool:
Do we do it for Oct 5 or Oct 12 ?

Can we not have two threads, one for each?

Though are we giving up hope of seeing the Lowdown on our screens (its very good - yes I have that downloaded too :D)

Bagpuss
September 6th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Rats ! Good point........I think count down to the 12th,but have extra "happy fuzzies" as Sky show The Lowdown ,then S8,along the way ? :D
Seems logical to me ! ;)

Anubis
September 6th, 2004, 07:52 AM
A countdown to October 12 would be better, as by this time, everything will have aired or have at least beginning to air. Then we could have a big yay when they repeat Los City, Lowdown, begin Season Eight and Atlantis. So here goes...

Only 37 days until the complete wait is over!!! :D

Thoth
September 9th, 2004, 04:19 AM
When do we hope the low-down will come out? 21st or 28th?

Why would we do the countdown for the 12th? I thought we knew for definite that SG1 is out on the 5th, we're just not sure about Atlantis. So surely we should countdown something like:

Low-down: ?? days
SG1: ?? days
SGA: ?? days (until we get confirmation, we can presume SGA is out on the 12th, that's the general jist of the rumours isn't it?)

Bagpuss
September 9th, 2004, 04:39 AM
No idea about the airdate for the Lowdown,yet,Thoth. :S
As for the count-down,I suggest we all drop the idea and leave this thread to the Sky news,and schedule discussion.

Any actual "countdown" must go up in a new "Off-Topic Chatter" Thread.
That'd be in line with the Forum rules,Ok ?

Do you want to kick off the new Thread ? :D

Edit: Just checked this week's Tv+Sat Week mag.Nothing yet.I think maybe next weeks'll help more.(It'll cover 18-25 Sept schedules.)

Replicarter
September 9th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Why carnt we do i countdown here? That wouldn’t be against the rules and it is a count down to the UK schedule of Stargate, so it’s fine. Anyway, last time the showed the lowdown before the season premier so people know what the show is about, so now maybe they will show it after Stargate sg-1 has aired and just before Atlantis airs if they do.

Bagpuss
September 9th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Keep the current thread as it is ,then.A mix of schedule info and countdown. :)
(What I meant before,was a separate fun thread in OT to prat about in,that's all. OK ? )

Thoth
September 13th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Keep the current thread as it is ,then.A mix of schedule info and countdown. :)
(What I meant before,was a separate fun thread in OT to prat about in,that's all. OK ? )

I agree. We should make a separate thread but is there any point, considering we don't know the actual airing date? Im too lazy to make it and then wok out the days until the 5th *exasperated sigh* so someone else should do it. :D

Jacksbabe
September 13th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Someone on another site I visit (blasphemy!) said she'd had word back from Sky that Atlantis will be starting on the 12th (she didnt mention a time though)

kwiatek
September 13th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Everything is getting clear :)

From official Sky Programme Information:

Oct-05
20.00 SG-1 S08E01 "New Order"
Oct-12
20.00 SG-1 S08E02 "New Order (Part 2)"
21.00 Atlantis S01E01 "Rising"
Oct-19
20.00 SG-1 S08E03 "Lockdown"
21.00 Atlantis S01E02 "Rising (Part 2)"
Oct-26
20.00 SG-1 S08E04 "Zero Hour"
21.00 Atlantis S01E03 "Hide and Seek"
and so on.

If all will stay this way we can all expect...

Dec-14
20.00 SG-1 S08E11 "???"
21.00 Atlantis S01E10 "The Storm"

and later if won't be to close to X-Mas...

Dec-21
20.00 SG-1 S08E12 "???"
21.00 Atlantis S01E11 "The Eye"

or if Sky One decides it's to close to X-Mas, like they did last year - no new SG-1 episode on Dec-22 (2003)...

Jan-04
20.00 SG-1 S08E12 "???"
and so on.

Replicarter
September 13th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Argg, why do they have to change things, that there is a terrible schedule, cause doctor weir will be in Atlantis one week and SGC the next, then quickly gate to Atlantis for the next hour.

Replicarter
September 13th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Also, they usaly have a 2 - 3 week brake, not a 1 week brake.

kwiatek
September 13th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Everything is OK with dr Weir couse there will be SG-1 S08E01 (5-Oct), then SG-1 S08E02 (12-Oct) and then Atlantis S01E01 (12-Oct), so it will just look OK. She resigns from SGC and goes to Antarctica everything stays the same it was on Sci-Fi :)

PS
If there would be no new eps on 21st of December there will be 3 week till January 4th, if there would be eps on 21th then it would be 2 weeks till January 4th...

Replicarter
September 13th, 2004, 11:39 AM
:| i cant count lol. i see. im not with it today.

Serebii
September 13th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Eww

Why can't they bloody show the 2 parters together like they were meant to be shown ¬¬

shelsfc
September 13th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Everything is getting clear :)

From official Sky Programme Information:

Oct-05
20.00 SG-1 S08E01 "New Order"
Oct-12
20.00 SG-1 S08E02 "New Order (Part 2)"
21.00 Atlantis S01E01 "Rising"
Oct-19
20.00 SG-1 S08E03 "Lockdown"
21.00 Atlantis S01E02 "Rising (Part 2)"
Oct-26
20.00 SG-1 S08E04 "Zero Hour"
21.00 Atlantis S01E03 "Hide and Seek"
and so on.

If all will stay this way we can all expect...

Dec-14
20.00 SG-1 S08E11 "???"
21.00 Atlantis S01E10 "The Storm"

and later if won't be to close to X-Mas...

Dec-21
20.00 SG-1 S08E12 "???"

or if Sky One decides it's to close to X-Mas, like they did last year - no new SG-1 episode on Dec-22 (2003)...

Jan-04
20.00 SG-1 S08E12 "???"
and so on.

Please, please could you point me to the exact page where it says that? I can't find it anywhere on the site!! I have complete faith in you & Gateworld, but I'll feel much better when I see it for myself!! :o

David85
September 13th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Why don't they just show both parts of SG-1 one night and Atlantis the next week?

Wait it's Sky, I guess everyone should be happy it's on at all.

kwiatek
September 13th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Please, please could you point me to the exact page where it says that? I can't find it anywhere on the site!! I have complete faith in you & Gateworld, but I'll feel much better when I see it for myself!! :o

Well I submited all informations needed to verify it, it's on the GateWorld main page :)
This page is the source: http://www.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk

All You need to do is look through it, all of it :)
Highlights + Listings + Amendmants

shelsfc
September 13th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Well I submited all informations needed to verify it, it's on the GateWorld main page :)
This page is the source: http://www.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk (http://www.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/)

All You need to do is look through it, all of it :)
Highlights + Listings + Amendmants
Thanks, I'll keep looking!!

kwiatek
September 13th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks, I'll keep looking!!
Let me give You a ultimate hint ;)
October Amendments: October 14_SK1_SN_FE_SK1.doc ;)

Bagpuss
September 14th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the scheduling info kwiatek ! :D

*Wanders away happily*

shelsfc
September 14th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Let me give You a ultimate hint ;)
October Amendments: October 14_SK1_SN_FE_SK1.doc ;)
Thank you!! :D

Thoth
September 16th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Thank God! I was so worried! Now i need not resort to terrible acts of violence! ;) :D

Bagpuss
September 17th, 2004, 04:49 AM
This can only be a good thing,Thoth ! ;)
I can quit attacking the furniture,and relax too. :D
(Only 19 days to go now to SG-1. 26 to Atlantis.)

Anubis
September 17th, 2004, 07:46 AM
(Only 19 days to go now to SG-1. 26 to Atlantis.)

Not too long to go now! :) The countdown process is almost over. Not sure about others, but the time has certainly gone by pretty quick! ;)

Crazedwraith
September 18th, 2004, 03:13 AM
STARGATE ON THIS TUESDAY

:D OK, now I've got your hopes up, I'll have to point out its NOT season 8, but the movie on BBC1 at 10:45pm.

Anubis
September 18th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Something to tune into on Tuesday evening, since nothing else good is on at the moment. (Adds to Sky+ Planner) :D

Major Clanger
September 18th, 2004, 04:10 AM
but isn't S7 on C4 at the moment? As far as I can see Fragile Balance is on this Sunday.

ETA:for anyone else like me (slow on the uptake) The Lowdown: Stargate to Atlantis is on Sky one on 28th September at 8pm

woo hoo!

Anubis
September 18th, 2004, 04:20 AM
but isn't S7 on C4 at the moment? As far as I can see Fragile Balance is on this Sunday.

Yeah, it's on tomorrow afternoon. But evening programs aren't that great right now.

Bagpuss
September 18th, 2004, 06:50 AM
<Snip FHB>ETA:for anyone else like me (slow on the uptake) The Lowdown: Stargate to Atlantis is on Sky one on 28th September at 8pm
woo hoo!
Woo-Hoo indeed, MC !! :D
Btw,IMO you're never "slow on the uptake".
(My definition of that term,would be not wearing a hat in the cold ! ;) )

Thanks to CW, too! :D (Already replied in the Gen thread.)

Jacksbabe
September 18th, 2004, 07:02 AM
ETA:for anyone else like me (slow on the uptake) The Lowdown: Stargate to Atlantis is on Sky one on 28th September at 8pm

woo hoo!

WOO HOO!!!! At last, that was the one piece of the jigsaw that we were missing!!!!

VCR on standby *who mentioned footie at the back there? I dont think so!!!!* :D

Matt G
September 18th, 2004, 07:29 AM
If I'm correct, MUFC are playing in the Champions League on the 28th so I'll probably wind up taping this. Good to see that it will get broadcast though!

Mio
September 18th, 2004, 08:11 AM
If I'm correct, MUFC are playing in the Champions League on the 28th so I'll probably wind up taping this. Good to see that it will get broadcast though!
Phft. Not a true fan :P

DownFallAngel
September 18th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Phft. Not a true fan :P

Well it doesn't get good until part 2 anyway.

Anubis
September 18th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Woo hoo! Only 10 days until the Lowdown airs! :D

DownFallAngel
September 18th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Thpought you guys weren't going to get that? When did this change occur?

Anubis
September 18th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Thpought you guys weren't going to get that? When did this change occur?

Actually, I didn't have a clue we were getting this until MC pointed out, now that the recorder is set, all that has to be done is the waiting...

DownFallAngel
September 18th, 2004, 08:56 AM
I could always just tell you the highlights of the seaons...

waz
September 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Hey I'll be incredibly happy if I can watch "The eye" before people in America. I've only been able to watch 350mb downloads of Atlantis and season 8 so far but I'm going to watch it all again on TV.

Anubis
September 18th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I could always just tell you the highlights of the seaons...

I think if people want to know they'll read the episode threads. ;) But I know the general plots for the episodes, and I know the outcomes, so hey, I'm not complaining

Hey I'll be incredibly happy if I can watch "The eye" before people in America. I've only been able to watch 350mb downloads of Atlantis and season 8 so far but I'm going to watch it all again on TV.

Yeah, Sky is following the same pattern as last year, so again, we'll be one week ahead of the US! :)

Thoth
September 18th, 2004, 04:56 PM
STARGATE ON THIS TUESDAY

:D OK, now I've got your hopes up, I'll have to point out its NOT season 8, but the movie on BBC1 at 10:45pm.

Argh! I got all exited that everyone had made some terrible mistake and that it was starting on tuesday! And then you went ahead and crushed my hopes with Stargate:the Movie, which i reckon is terribly boring.*shaked fist at both you and Stargate: the Movie* :p

Bagpuss
September 18th, 2004, 05:24 PM
LOL ! :D *Donates some soothing herbal tea for Thoth's nerves... ;) *
Not long to go now !
Let's see:Today is Sunday 19th. Lowdown:10 days.SG-1:17 days.SGA:24 days.

*Sigh*

DownFallAngel
September 18th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I think if people want to know they'll read the episode threads. ;) But I know the general plots for the episodes, and I know the outcomes, so hey, I'm not complaining

Was kidding man.

Anubis
September 19th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Not long to go now !

*Sigh*

Not long now, since Stargate is on this afternoon to watch! :D

Crazedwraith
September 19th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Argh! I got all exited that everyone had made some terrible mistake and that it was starting on tuesday! And then you went ahead and crushed my hopes with Stargate:the Movie, which i reckon is terribly boring.*shaked fist at both you and Stargate: the Movie* :p
:D My cunning plan has come to fruition.
In other words:

GOTCHA!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Not long to go now !

*Sigh*
This of course assumes we are getting the lowdown, and that we're getting Atlantis. Do we have official word on this yet? (I can't be bothered to check back through the thread.)

Bagpuss
September 19th, 2004, 03:49 AM
The SG-1 and Atlantis dates are confirmed,CW.
Also the Lowdown......confirmed by Major Clanger .
No way am I going to question the Mighty Wielder of Spoons,LOL ! :D

Andron
September 19th, 2004, 07:02 AM
So SkyOne will air "Prometheus Unbound"(811) on December 14 and "The Eye"(111) on December 21, if I count right?!

Bagpuss
September 21st, 2004, 02:16 AM
From this week's "Total T.V. Guide".
Sunday 26th Sept. : Channel 4. 4.35 p.m. "Orpheus".

Tuesday 28th Sept. Sky One.8.00 p.m. "From Stargate to Atlantis : The Lowdown".

:) Countdown update : 7 days to Lowdown.14 to SG-1 S8. 21 to Atlantis. :)

Anubis
September 21st, 2004, 07:51 AM
From this week's "Total T.V. Guide".
Sunday 26th Sept. : Channel 4. 4.35 p.m. "Orpheus".

Tuesday 28th Sept. Sky One.8.00 p.m. "From Stargate to Atlantis : The Lowdown".

:) Countdown update : 7 days to Lowdown.14 to SG-1 S8. 21 to Atlantis. :)

Interesting! :) I can't wait to watch the Lowdown this Tuesday evening, ensuring that that time is free, the door is shut and my eyes are upon that TV screen. :D

Bagpuss
September 21st, 2004, 08:25 AM
Believe me,nothing is going to get between me and that screen when the Lowdown's on next week !
Wonder what the Goa'uld is for "I die,interruption free "? :D
(and yes,I do realise there are ad breaks.)

Anubis
September 21st, 2004, 08:30 AM
Believe me,nothing is going to get between me and that screen when the Lowdown's on next week !
Wonder what the Goa'uld is for "I die,interruption free "? :D
(and yes,I do realise there are ad breaks.)

Well, Sky+ comes in handy here. I'll begin watching 20 minutes after it has started so I can quickly fast-forward through the ads! :D

Bagpuss
September 21st, 2004, 08:41 AM
*Sigh*
We didn't upgrade in the end.Family vote 3 to 1 against me....my bunch actually like ad-spotting/counting ! :o

Anubis
September 21st, 2004, 09:03 AM
*Sigh*
We didn't upgrade in the end.Family vote 3 to 1 against me....my bunch actually like ad-spotting/counting ! :o

They do? lol Weird. I hate the dam things, that's one reason that we upgraded, to skip those annoying things. Plus half of the stuff advertised has nothing to do with anything at all or something you don't want anyway.

Teal'c
September 21st, 2004, 09:16 AM
So SkyOne will air "Prometheus Unbound"(811) on December 14 and "The Eye"(111) on December 21, if I count right?!
No, they probably won't show The Eye then, that's Christmas week, two week break :(.

BTW, has anyone caught that new ad on Sky (They've done up the station today! :O) for all their new programs (like that western one). It was on just before Buffy today at 4. Anyway, they showed some Stargate stuff, but it was just all the clips from the Season 8 opening sequence, followed by a quick glimpse of Teal'c's hair!!! :P

Jacksbabe
September 21st, 2004, 10:21 AM
BTW, has anyone caught that new ad on Sky (They've done up the station today! :O)

Ah is that why I havent been able to pick up a decent picture all day!!!!

Anubis
September 21st, 2004, 10:54 AM
Sky have changed their website, I know that, but I didn't know that they changed their station, I'll take a look later.

Replicarter
September 21st, 2004, 11:24 AM
Well, Sky+ comes in handy here. I'll begin watching 20 minutes after it has started so I can quickly fast-forward through the ads! :D

:( you stole my idea, i do that to :) though, waiting 20 mins can be hard when it comes to STARGATE. Oh, just a reminder, stargate is on at 10:45 BBC ONE.

Anubis
September 21st, 2004, 02:13 PM
:( you stole my idea, i do that to :) though, waiting 20 mins can be hard when it comes to STARGATE. Oh, just a reminder, stargate is on at 10:45 BBC ONE.

Stole your idea? lol You can't steal an idea. Something I've always done and will continue to do! :D

Serebii
September 22nd, 2004, 08:10 AM
Have you guys noticed the New Sky Site makes no mention of Atlantis but does for SG1

Anubis
September 22nd, 2004, 08:15 AM
Have you guys noticed the New Sky Site makes no mention of Atlantis but does for SG1

I noticed that too. They don't mention Atlantis in any way, whatsoever. Weird really. In their 'New this Autumn' it lists SG1 but not Atlantis. Although we know that they are airing it, you'd have though they would have mentioned it. Perhaps they'll mention it as we progress through October?

Bagpuss
September 22nd, 2004, 11:40 PM
Maybe they're just biding their time,to see how the ratings go,before upgrading to include Atlantis ? :)
I haven't seen the ad Teal'c told us about yet,but it sounds good .

:cool: Countdown update : 5 days to Lowdown.12 to SG-1 S8.19 to Atlantis. :cool:

Anubis
September 22nd, 2004, 11:59 PM
Maybe they're just biding their time,to see how the ratings go,before upgrading to include Atlantis ? :)
I haven't seen the ad Teal'c told us about yet,but it sounds good .

:cool: Countdown update : 5 days to Lowdown.12 to SG-1 S8.19 to Atlantis. :cool:

Same. I haven't seen that advert yet, but I'll check on Sky Movies now and then 'cause they sometimes show Sky One's stuff more than Sky One does.

Replicarter
September 23rd, 2004, 02:24 AM
You can. I copyright all my ideas lol. The only time people in the UK who aren’t internet people will find out about Atlantis is in the lowdown. I’m a little disappointed in the way they advertise, if they want to make enough money of it they need to do what sci-fi did, but of course sky would never do that :rolleyes:

Serebii
September 23rd, 2004, 03:02 AM
I've seen the advert, its not an advert for Stargate Alone, it has Battlestar Galactica, Deadwood, Hex & Stargate

The Stargate Clips are all old from eps; In The Line Of Duty, Last Stand, Lost City, Paradise Lost, 48 Hours and a few more, except when they're going over the person clips right before the end where it's Teal'c with hair

EDIT:

WAAAAAAAITTTTTTT

http://www.skyone.co.uk/listings/program.aspx?Section=1&Channel=SK1&date=2004-09-28&Title=From%20Stargate%20to%20Atlantis:%20The%20Lowdown&Time=20:00&EndTime=21:00

The New Stargate Lowdown airs on the 28th at 8pm :D

Why didnt anyone tell me :( I would have missed it

Replicarter
September 23rd, 2004, 03:38 AM
It has been mentioned a few times in the thread, and as I said in the post above people who aren’t internet people like us, they will find out what Atlantis is when they watch that, if they do that is.

Teal'c
September 23rd, 2004, 06:05 AM
I've seen the advert, its not an advert for Stargate Alone, it has Battlestar Galactica, Deadwood, Hex & Stargate

The Stargate Clips are all old from eps; In The Line Of Duty, Last Stand, Lost City, Paradise Lost, 48 Hours and a few more, except when they're going over the person clips right before the end where it's Teal'c with hair

EDIT:

WAAAAAAAITTTTTTT

http://www.skyone.co.uk/listings/program.aspx?Section=1&Channel=SK1&date=2004-09-28&Title=From%20Stargate%20to%20Atlantis:%20The%20Lowdown&Time=20:00&EndTime=21:00

The New Stargate Lowdown airs on the 28th at 8pm :D

Why didnt anyone tell me :( I would have missed it
Yeah, they're old clips, but anyone who's seen Season 8 can tell that they're all from the opening credits, aside from two clips from Lockdown (SG team walking towards the gate and Teal'c with hair)

The best time to see the ad would be just before 4, 5 and 6. That's when they usually show those long ads, like the one for Enterprise or the old one for SG-1 that's just clips from Lifeboat, Enemy Mine, Space Race and Avenger 2.0.

Anubis
September 24th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Yeah, they're old clips, but anyone who's seen Season 8 can tell that they're all from the opening credits, aside from two clips from Lockdown (SG team walking towards the gate and Teal'c with hair)

The best time to see the ad would be just before 4, 5 and 6. That's when they usually show those long ads, like the one for Enterprise or the old one for SG-1 that's just clips from Lifeboat, Enemy Mine, Space Race and Avenger 2.0.

I thought the old ones were pretty good, despite them being ... old. But I still haven't seen this new advert.

*sticks myself infront of the tv*

Replicarter
September 24th, 2004, 04:24 PM
4 days to the lowdown - 11 to stargate - 18 to atlantis. i know i only waited another day, but i carnt wait.

Jacksbabe
September 25th, 2004, 07:44 AM
4 days to the lowdown - 11 to stargate - 18 to atlantis. i know i only waited another day, but i carnt wait.

Neither can I - VCR/VHS tapes on standby :D

Anubis
September 25th, 2004, 07:55 AM
I had mine set since last Tuesday! lol I don't want to miss out on anything! :D

Jacksbabe
September 25th, 2004, 08:06 AM
I had mine set since last Tuesday! lol I don't want to miss out on anything! :D

I bought in bulk for Season 7 :D

moonfly
September 26th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Erm, hi everyone! I'm kinda new here, so I hope I'm not doing something wrong.

I wish my parents would be nice and let us have Sky! Instead I have to wait for C4 to catch up. Loving S7 however, but really want to see S8! Anyone know anything about Stargate Atlantis coming to terrestrial TV?

Anubis
September 26th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Erm, hi everyone! I'm kinda new here, so I hope I'm not doing something wrong.

I wish my parents would be nice and let us have Sky! Instead I have to wait for C4 to catch up. Loving S7 however, but really want to see S8! Anyone know anything about Stargate Atlantis coming to terrestrial TV?

It's probably a bit too early to predict when Atlantis will go to terrestrial at this time, but I'm guessing C4 will get it like the new seasons. Too early to tell though.

Bagpuss
September 27th, 2004, 02:58 AM
*Sigh* Nearly "there" regarding the Lowdown,and RL bites me again.
I've got to host a meeting tomorrow evening....it'd better be a short one ! :(

Luckily Hubs will tape it for me,but I wanted to relax at 8pm,and just enjoy myself !

*Moan over*

(Belated Happy Birthday to Anubis......hope you had a great time yesterday ! :D )

Anubis
September 27th, 2004, 04:45 AM
*Sigh* Nearly "there" regarding the Lowdown,and RL bites me again.
I've got to host a meeting tomorrow evening....it'd better be a short one ! :(

Luckily Hubs will tape it for me,but I wanted to relax at 8pm,and just enjoy myself !

*Moan over*

(Belated Happy Birthday to Anubis......hope you had a great time yesterday ! :D )

Thanks for that FHB! :)

I hope you finish the meeting early and get back in time for the Lowdown. Not so many hours now...

Bagpuss
September 27th, 2004, 08:40 AM
LOL ! I hope they actually get the hint and leave in time for me to watch ,on time,visitor-free ! :D
(Wonder if leaving the front door wide open, would be un-subtle enough .... ;) )

(Only 1 day,3 hrs and 20 mins to go !)

Anubis
September 27th, 2004, 08:42 AM
LOL ! I hope they actually get the hint and leave in time for me to watch ,on time,visitor-free ! :D
(Wonder if leaving the front door wide open, would be un-subtle enough .... ;) )

(Only 1 day,3 hrs and 21 mins to go !)

You're certainly counting the hours! lol I'm sure you'll return on time, or I hope you do so you don't miss anything.