This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really care....

...how much screen time Vala/Claudia Black gets in season 10 episodes. Like many other people I'm reading spoilers, I also managed to lay my hands on the casting sides, on which season 10 episodes descriptions here at GW and Stargate Solutions or Pegasus Galaxy are based and the last thing I would think would be that season 10 is going to be ALL-Vala.

[mod snip]

I'm happy Claudia is going to be in all 20 episodes of season 10, but I really don't expect her to be the central part of the show. That would be actually unfair towards the remaining five characters. BTW, casting sides are just 3-7 pages of the script, and they contain dialogues including COMPLETELY NEW characters, which are to be casted. Judging from them that the episode is going to be Vala (or another character) heavy is really stupid thing...
    Last edited by Madeleine; 08 May 2006, 12:55 AM.

So season 10 isn't going to be all about Vala? Damn, I was so looking forward to that.

Comment

I don't get why people complain the series is getting stagnant and repetitive then turn around and complain when things change. You can't get it both ways. Either you want changes, or you don't. Vala is a change and no matter how much some people may think it, there's no way that Vala and Mitchell are going to "take over" the series and become the new leads.

Given how there's 8 years of the previous characters backstory already developed, is it really that much of a problem for Mitchell and Vala to get a few episodes in a season devoted to them? I like both characters and actors, (even ignoring Farscape) and the characters aren't terrible either. In fact, neither is a clone of a previous character so they bring something new. Mitchell might be a younger, more smart-assed Jack on the surface but he's not. Neither is Vala just some sex-starved T&A for the show.

Given a chance, the new characters, especially Vala, as she's the topic here, can prove to be quite interesting and decent additions to the series. They need the time to develop first.

Comment

here here .you will find out that some people are not happy unless they"r pissin and moaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
          .............I don't get why people complain the series is getting stagnant and repetitive then turn around and complain when things change. You can't get it both ways. Either you want changes, or you don't.
          Change in and of itself is neither good nor bad; it's just change. I think some people are saying they want to see change that makes sense to the overall storyline, to the world of SG-1, new characters that make sense and are well written.

Mitchell is a new character; he is part of the change. And I personally find him just horribly, inconsistently written. It has nothing to do with him not being Jack or RDA; me not embracing change, it has everything to do with him being Mitchell and the way the character is written. (BTW, I loved Ben as Crichton).

Even with these changes, the writing is repetitive. Teal'c seems to be in danger of becoming the damsel in distress, being rescued by Mitchell again and again. The Ori? Personally, if I want to see a bunch of religious fanatics killing people because they won't embrace their religion, I'll just go watch the evening news or visit the Mideast. The Ori are so one dimensional, it's laughable, IMO.

So, it's not just change, it's the quality of the changes and the jury is certainly divided over those.

Comment

As the famous saying goes: "Acting is reacting."

And that's exactly why I don't even want "The Vala Show". Neither do I think that such a thing is planned or to be expected/feared.

I want all of them interacting.
            There's a great main cast consisting of old and new actors and 20 episodes with - in most cases - an A and B plot. Enough room for all of them.
            Of course, there'll be an episode that focuses on character X and "reduce" the others to bit players. Next week character Y will be in the limelight. But it's been like that since S1 of any show!

"to dupe poor, unsuspecting Vala and/or Claudia Black fans into watching" (exact phrase from another thread)
            I'm a Claudia Black and Vala fan. Obviously, or my user name would be a tad redundant. But I've also watched SG1 long before I even knew of the show with the blue alien.
            An actress I like might compell me to give a show a try. But it is not enough to keep me if I don't like it.

A.
            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
              I'm a Claudia Black and Vala fan. Obviously, or my user name would be a tad redundant.
              Mine as well!!

I watched Stargate before Claudia and Ben were on it and I would even watch it when they're gone (if this would ever happen)!! It should not be a "Vala Show" or a "Mitchell Show". It should be a show about a great team!!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
                I don't get why people complain the series is getting stagnant and repetitive then turn around and complain when things change. You can't get it both ways. Either you want changes, or you don't.
                Actually it's not a case of either or. Just because a person might feel something is getting stagnant and repetitive doesn't mean that any change is welcome. Would you consider Hammond getting pregnant and returning a good change? It would certainly shake things up but not in a good way. There are many aspects to a show and having the things that worked fine for you change while the issues you complained about remain is problematic for some viewers. It doesn't devalue their complaints or make them baseless.

Ironically, I heard many complaints about Vala, a lot less about Mitchell. I didn't have much of an opinion one way or the other but I was really stunned to find myself liking Vala a lot better than I do Mitchell. How they introduce her and place her as full time character will determine whether or not I continue to do so. I was prepared to like Mitchell but just as I was beginning to do so, he became something altogether different.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

me neither

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                    ...how much screen time Vala/Claudia Black gets in season 10 episodes. Like many other people I'm reading spoilers, I also managed to lay my hands on the casting sides, on which season 10 episodes descriptions here at GW and Stargate Solutions or Pegasus Galaxy are based and the last thing I would think would be that season 10 is going to be ALL-Vala.

[mod snip]

I'm happy Claudia is going to be in all 20 episodes of season 10, but I really don't expect her to be the central part of the show. That would be actually unfair towards the remaining five characters. BTW, casting sides are just 3-7 pages of the script, and they contain dialogues including COMPLETELY NEW characters, which are to be casted. Judging from them that the episode is going to be Vala (or another character) heavy is really stupid thing...
                    My best friend and I had a sarcastic response to this...well, it's not Claudia's fault that she has more charisma than anyone else...

That, again, is a seriously sarcastic comment. I think this is all just a backlash to those first 5 Vala heavy episodes of season 9. My thought on that situation was that the producers knew they only had Claudia for X number of episodes so they used her as much as they could. Now that she's in all 20, I'm sure Sg1 isn't going to be the Vala show.

But, CB fan that I am, if it becomes that, I'm not going to complain (as if that would REALLY happen...)

I'm waiting for the whine train with Morena Baccarrin's name on it to pull into the station.
                    Last edited by Madeleine; 08 May 2006, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                      So season 10 isn't going to be all about Vala? Damn, I was so looking forward to that.
                      LOL! Well, now you can plan your life accordingly. Only watch episodes 1, 7, 12, 15, 18 and 20...

O/T I just realized I'm a "death glider pilot" How did that happen? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                        LOL! Well, now you can plan your life accordingly. Only watch episodes 1, 7, 12, 15, 18 and 20...

O/T I just realized I'm a "death glider pilot" How did that happen? LOL!
                        Yeah, I am wondering how I got death glider pilot and just what am I suppose to do with it.

Comment

Yeah, I am wondering how I got death glider pilot and just what am I suppose to do with it.
                          I think we should join Icarian Company and kick some Scarran a&%!

...oops...wrong show

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                            I think we should join Icarian Company and kick some Scarran a&%!

...oops...wrong show

Hush...shhh, we are really a commando squad from Icarian Company sent to infiltrate the stargate world...

Comment

Hush...shhh, we are really a commando squad from Icarian Company sent to infiltrate the stargate world...

....I KNEW there was a conspiracy! they never should have promoted me...

Comment

Working...
                              X