This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA #3 - The Chosen

With Ancient technology scattered across the Pegasus galaxy, the Atlantis team is not surprised to find it in use on a world once defended by Dalera, an Ancient who was cast out of her society for falling in love with a human.

But in the millennia since Dalera's departure much has changed. Her strict rules have been broken, leaving her people open to Wraith attack. Only a few of the Chosen remain to operate Ancient technology vital to their defense and tensions are running high. Revolution simmers close to the surface.

When Major Sheppard and Rodney McKay are revealed as members of the Chosen, Daleran society convulses into chaos. Wanting to help resolve the crisis and yet refusing to prop up an autocratic regime, Sheppard is forced to act when Teyla and Lieutenant Ford are taken hostage by the rebels…

Well I havent got it yet, but will be soon. Cover isnt too good IMHO.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

http://www.elizabethchristensen.com/webexcerpt.htm

An excerpt from the one of the author's websites.
    sigpic

Comment

Sound good. Agreed the cover could have been better.

Comment

The Atlantis covers havent been that good. I've gotta wait like another week to get this. Stupid pay day.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
          The Atlantis covers havent been that good. I've gotta wait like another week to get this. Stupid pay day.
          Let us know what you think. I still haven't read any of the Atlantis books.

Comment

I'm actually re-reading the pilot novel at the moment.
            sigpic

Comment

I read the excerpt and it seems like this is going to be another good one. I'll have to wait until next Friday a while before I can get it to find out though...

I have to say, the cover art for the Atlantis books hasn't been anything spectacular, but then, I don't look at the cover - I read the words inside - so it's inconsequential really. They do the job and I have seen far worse.

HirogenGater...my recommendation for the SGA books would be to start with 'Reliquary'. I found the Rising novelisation boring as hell, and it was written from scripts before canon names and spellings were established, and before the final edit of the show was released. The differences in spelling from the now accepted canon are really distracting, and there is little in there that isn't in the ep. I have to be honest though - I've yet to read a novelisation of any filmed media that has held a candle to the show it was derived from. The idea of a book to me is to add nuances that might not have been apparent in the show, however, 'Rising' was bland beyond belief - a shame really cos there were plenty of places had the book been written after the final edit, where stuff could have been added.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

The covers for both shows have been a bit...lacking.

Premise sounds quite good though

Reliquary's a good book...I'd recommend it
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I rather liked Reliquarys cover, as well as all the SG1 covers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                    I read the excerpt and it seems like this is going to be another good one. I'll have to wait until next Friday a while before I can get it to find out though...

I have to say, the cover art for the Atlantis books hasn't been anything spectacular, but then, I don't look at the cover - I read the words inside - so it's inconsequential really. They do the job and I have seen far worse.

HirogenGater...my recommendation for the SGA books would be to start with 'Reliquary'. I found the Rising novelisation boring as hell, and it was written from scripts before canon names and spellings were established, and before the final edit of the show was released. The differences in spelling from the now accepted canon are really distracting, and there is little in there that isn't in the ep. I have to be honest though - I've yet to read a novelisation of any filmed media that has held a candle to the show it was derived from. The idea of a book to me is to add nuances that might not have been apparent in the show, however, 'Rising' was bland beyond belief - a shame really cos there were plenty of places had the book been written after the final edit, where stuff could have been added.
                    Thanks knocknashee. I will start out with Reliquary.

Comment

Soooo, did somebody read it?
                      Is it good with good characterisation or a Tower/Sanctuary/Mary Sue book?

EDIT: Two persons did on Livejournal:

http://community.livejournal.com/mckay_sheppard/733040.html

Their opinions is toward the end of the page.
                      Last edited by schtroumph_c; 11 May 2006, 06:14 AM.

TEAM LOVE

Comment

I got this yesterday and began reading it. Its set just after The Eye, its pretty good so far, drawing me in.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've bought this book now, and will read and review it after my finals
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I read it last week. I absolutely loved it, and have read it cover to cover twice more since then! Great characterisations, excellent story. I rate it slightly higher than Reliquary, which I also loved.
                            Well worth the read, IMO.
                            sigpic

Comment

Im 2 thirds through and loving it. This way better than Sonnys alst one, City of the Gods, and this is also a lot more enjoyable than the last 2 SGA novels. What is it with Fandemonium and their third novels?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X