This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis Ship verses the Ori

Anubis's Mothership was a lot more powerful than the Hatak, and so was the Ori weapon. Anubis's mothership seemed to cause more damage though (destroying two Hatak at once at times, blowing up a significant part of a planet). Would Anubis's ship be effective against the Ori?

It might be.

We'll never know.

Comment

Personally, I don't think so. If anything, I think Anubis' ship would just last a little longer in the fight..
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe if it goes into Death Star mode like it did on Abydos.
        -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
        -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
        -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Nope. People forget one key fact: Anubis wasn't using full Ancient tech. He was limited as to how far he could improve the technology of his ships... Ancient weapons and shields are still far outside the reach of the Goa'uld. The best he could do is create tech that makes him more impervious to Goa'uld bombardment from the Hataks, but that's not going to stop an Ori Beam.

Comment

I agree with the 5th man it would probably last longer in a fight and may cause severe damage to the ori ships. Buy think about it are those ori ships Transport vessels or battle cruisers because if they are transport vessels I wouldn't want to think what the battlecruisers would be like.
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I don't think it would be any more effective than the normal Ha'taks. It got its ass handed to it by Ancient built drones, the Ori would do the same.
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Anubis Ship have ancient tech but are sill based on goa'uld ha'tak the only resson asgard ship lasted was it was faster and more agile then the ori ship
                maybe his eye weapon got the first shot

O´Neill: "Tell me, what do you want?"
                Apophis: "To live."
                O´Neill: "Can´t help you there, that´s between you and your god...oh wait a minute...you are your god, that´s a problem.

Comment

His eye weapon looked decent enough to go up with as a primary weapon against an ori ship. The Fifth Man was right anubis' ship would survive a little longer because of it's massive hull. My guess is that it would probably take about 2-3 more hits than a standard hatak.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                    I agree with the 5th man it would probably last longer in a fight and may cause severe damage to the ori ships. Buy think about it are those ori ships Transport vessels or battle cruisers because if they are transport vessels I wouldn't want to think what the battlecruisers would be like.
                    I've chimed that idea before, and called the Ori ships as "Super-Transports"... it would really be nice to see those as just Tranports. I mean come on... only 1 beam weapon? Thats how a transport should be armed. A full blown warship should have several batteries of such beam weapons. Note how the Orion/Aurora class ships are bristling with weapons arrays?
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                      I've chimed that idea before, and called the Ori ships as "Super-Transports"... it would really be nice to see those as just Tranports. I mean come on... only 1 beam weapon? Thats how a transport should be armed. A full blown warship should have several batteries of such beam weapons. Note how the Orion/Aurora class ships are bristling with weapons arrays?
                      The thing is, we don't know that they were, for all we know they could just be antennas and such.

Comment

y would the ancients make an antenna shaped like a weapon??

they kind of look like a double barrel rocket launcer except it doesnt shoot rockets

Comment

The question is actually reversed. Why do you assume every antennae is a weapon? Have you looked around lately? On top of buildings? On cars? Those are antenna, and their reason for existing in that manner has to do with transmission efficiency and such...

it is you who thinks that every antenna is a weapon. It is not the antenna's fault for not living up to your expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                            The question is actually reversed. Why do you assume every antennae is a weapon? Have you looked around lately? On top of buildings? On cars? Those are antenna, and their reason for existing in that manner has to do with transmission efficiency and such...

it is you who thinks that every antenna is a weapon. It is not the antenna's fault for not living up to your expectations.
                            It would be nice if the antenna on my car was an energy weapon, especially in the midst of rush hour.

But yeah, the antenna's on the Orion, I doub't are weapons just like on the Daedalus, theres antenna's on the front of that but they aren't weapons. The orion probably uses some type of energy weapon along with drones.
                            I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

they dont look like antennas though (maby we are both looking at different things??) they look like a gun and it looks like it has a swivel base at the bottom and theres 3 of them that look exactly the same

so maby it is you who thinks that every weapon is an antenna. It is not the weapons fault for not living up to your expectations.

Comment

Working...
                              X