X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ender's Game Film Coming Soon?

Ender Is Petersen's Next?

Director Wolfgang Petersen (Poseidon) told SCI FI Wire that his next project could be the much-anticipated film adaptation of Orson Scott Card's beloved SF book Ender's Game. "We're getting the script in a few weeks, and if everything goes fine and that script goes in the right direction, it could indeed be my next one," Petersen said in an interview while promoting his upcoming upside-down cruise ship movie....
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=35789

I can't wait for an Ender's Game film.

Oh dear god, I hope so. Such an important book needs to be brought to the attention of the public, as do its sequels.

Comment

I'm excited - EG is my favorite sci fi book. I just hope they do their best to incorporate the intelligence of the book into the movie and don't just turn it into kids shooting each other in mock space battles.

Comment

It'll come down to who is cast as Ender. If he's good, then I have few worries.

Comment

He needs to be quiet, reserved, calculating, and not in any way shape or form sound childish at any age. If he appears... 'happy,' then the movie will flop. And if he talks even remotely like a five-year-old when he is a five-year-old, the movie will flop.

Comment

Enders game was an excellent book and truly deserve to be made into a film. I just hope that they can manage to get the feeling and drive of the book into the movie.

I´m not sure that the sequals would be worth filming, I give up on the series after Xenocide.

Comment

It's finally going to happen? SWEET!!!!

I read last fall that Peterson and Orson Scott Card had extended the rights agreement so they could take another stab at a script for this. That, and Card said that if this can't be a film on par with the quality of Serenity, he doesn't want it to happen. Good to know that he has high standards.

a time to mourn

Comment

Great news!!! I love EG book!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                  It's finally going to happen? SWEET!!!!

I read last fall that Peterson and Orson Scott Card had extended the rights agreement so they could take another stab at a script for this. That, and Card said that if this can't be a film on par with the quality of Serenity, he doesn't want it to happen. Good to know that he has high standards.
                  High standards and good taste.

Comment

Oh yes, casting of Ender is going to be critical for the film's success. Casting the perfect kids for Peter, Valentine, and Bean are also going to be vital.

I highly doubt that they would make SFTD into a movie, regardless of how much of a success EG ends up being. I just don't think that the misunderstandings between the humans and "piggies" would translate well to the big screen. Great read though.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      I highly doubt that they would make SFTD into a movie, regardless of how much of a success EG ends up being. I just don't think that the misunderstandings between the humans and "piggies" would translate well to the big screen. Great read though.
                      If EG is a success on the big screen, the Shadow series would be the more likely sequals. If they chose to do that, which I don't know if they should.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                        Enders game was an excellent book and truly deserve to be made into a film. I just hope that they can manage to get the feeling and drive of the book into the movie.

I´m not sure that the sequals would be worth filming, I give up on the series after Xenocide.
                        Such a great book. But I find it hard to beleive they will be able to bring it to the big screen in anyway that really gives it justice. It was a very cerebral book and I hate to see it turned into just another scifi adventure with lots of shooting... But I can also see it go the other way and be an overly long very boreing artsy film with a "message" (a message that will be conviently scewed from the original "message" to something that fit the theorys of whatever "leftest" or "rightest" makes it). It will be very very trickey to make this film... not saying it cant be done just that it will be very very tricky.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I doubt it'll happen or if it does they will age the characters

I don't think hoolywood would make a film about child soldiers - can you imagine a film where a child kills another child getting past the censurs
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                            If EG is a success on the big screen, the Shadow series would be the more likely sequals. If they chose to do that, which I don't know if they should.

The last I heard Orson Scott Card talking about writing the screenplay, he said he was combining Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow to give Bean a more prominent role and that any sequels would follow the Shadow series surrounding Bean. If that's still the plan, I don't know, OSC might not be doing the screenplay anymore since he had to renegotiate the contract to keep the project alive.
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

This is exciting! Though I have my concerns on whether or not they'll be able to pull it off well. Who gets cast will be a big part of that. We'll see. I'll be looking forward to it! ^_^
                              "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                              X