This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come the Lucien alliance Uses GUNS?

how come the lucian alliance uses guns, instead of zat or ray guns? Is this a sign scifi can no longer afford the visual effects and doing major cutbacks on lazer battles.

Why wouldn't they use guns? If our planet evolved to create guns, it isn't a stretch to believe other societies have...
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

If i were going for practicality over scaryness, i would most definatly use a gun over a staff weapon. Have you ever tried firing from the waist? It's pretty hard to aim.

Plus, staff weapons are so blulky, it would be a real pain to carry one around.

As for Zats? I dunno, maybe they just like to stick with things that are familiar.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

The SGC was shown supplying Jaffa in other episodes with P90's and I'm sure that the last alpha site had plenty as well. Smugglers were bound to pick it off of other planets where someone from the SGC had died or a Jaffa kept one like a trophy or something. They had far too many non-p90 guns though. I dunno, but the Alpha Site thing is just a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
          Why wouldn't they use guns? If our planet evolved to create guns, it isn't a stretch to believe other societies have...
          I agree. Besides, we don't really know what other weapons the Lucian Alliance may have at their ready disposal.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            I agree. Besides, we don't really know what other weapons the Lucian Alliance may have at their ready disposal.
            Aren't they just a bunch of thugs and mercenarys? They probably use whatever they can get their hands on.
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Yeah they are just thugs and mercenary but with the arsenal of the adverage system lord which makes them dangerous, also they seem to have relise the mistakes of the gould and are able to work togeather.

Comment

I agree with Deevil, a society out of probably billions of society can't just have evolved to to manufacture a gun, surely there would be others. even though the Lucian Alliance have guns it probably means that they just stole it from another civilisation.
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                  I agree with Deevil, a society out of probably billions of society can't just have evolved to to manufacture a gun, surely there would be others. even though the Lucian Alliance have guns it probably means that they just stole it from another civilisation.

Both the people in Beneath the Surface and Icon had guns

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                    how come the lucian alliance uses guns, instead of zat or ray guns? Is this a sign scifi can no longer afford the visual effects and doing major cutbacks on lazer battles.
                    You should know that the Lucian Alliance are smugglers. Some of them are also bound to be the type to copy weapons and etc.

In modern day poor countries like Pakistan, there's impoverished villages that are able to create their own firearms like AK-47s, as well as manufacture the ammo. If a 3rd world country on Earth can do this, I don't see why a space faring technologically advanced criminal organization can't do the same.
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

well wouldnt they be using p90's. Not small automatic guns, that non of the sg teams ever used. In all of the episodes it was alway standard military weopens. Not something street thugs would use. And wouldn't the lucien alliance use cool ray gun type weopens, instead of weopens other jaffa consider unreliable.

Originally posted by Snord
                      The SGC was shown supplying Jaffa in other episodes with P90's and I'm sure that the last alpha site had plenty as well. Smugglers were bound to pick it off of other planets where someone from the SGC had died or a Jaffa kept one like a trophy or something. They had far too many non-p90 guns though. I dunno, but the Alpha Site thing is just a theory.

Comment

Although this is obviously an SGA reference, Ronan's society had guns. It's definitely believable that other worlds do to. I don't recall ever seeing the Alliance fire there guns - they could turn out to be 'ray' guns.

Comment

No they looked alot like the guns Sg1 uses...but i think Guns are just becoming the 'gun to have'; i think our defeat of the goauld probley showed just how good the old fashioned guns could be, so now everyone wants them.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

why do you touch yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                              No they looked alot like the guns Sg1 uses...but i think Guns are just becoming the 'gun to have'; i think our defeat of the goauld probley showed just how good the old fashioned guns could be, so now everyone wants them.
                              So essentially we, the Tau'ri, are galactic trend setters.

Comment

Working...
                              X