This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many people think that the battle against the ori is an hopeless cause

ofcourse it is hopeless, even with our best ship we did not make a dent on their ship, now that a major concern for me. if we went back in time a million times, they will always whoop our ass.
    some relationships are worth getting your heart broken over

doctor who

No it's not hopeless or impossible. Nothing is, it's just a question of finding their weakness and exploiting it.

I like the fact there is not 'quick fix' and that in the end I don't think there is ever going to be a clear victor.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by thegatebuilders
      ofcourse it is hopeless, even with our best ship we did not make a dent on their ship, now that a major concern for me. if we went back in time a million times, they will always whoop our ass.
      That's what we said Season 1, with the Goa'uld. Look at 'em now!

Comment

Oh, come on. Sure, the battle against the Goa'uldOri isn't going well, but we've been through worse things before!

Comment

Yeah, might as well cancel the show, were never going to win...

Wait! This is sci-fi, there is always a way to win!
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

guys, i aplaud your optimising but let be serious, the ori are acsended beings and to some extent perharps they do deserve the title of god, seeing that they transcend relative time and space and can effectively shape our destiny with swing of their staff. in this respect, the situation, has never been more hopeless.

to comment on the gould, they were united and besides they were pretenders and they werent all seeing like the ori, if u defy the gould, he will use a trinket to punish you and that is assuming he can find you. defy the ori and you will have a crusade. two different things.

doctor who

Comment

guys, i aplaud your optimising but let be serious, the ori are acsended beings and to some extent perharps they do deserve the title of god, seeing that they transcend relative time and space and can effectively shape our destiny with swing of their staff. in this respect, the situation, has never been more hopeless.

to comment on the gould, they were united and besides they were pretenders and they werent all seeing like the ori, if u defy the gould, he will use a trinket to punish you and that is assuming he can find you. defy the ori and you will have a crusade. two different things.
              Fortunatly for us, there were a race of good guys who built weapons which allow us to fight these evil doers.

Currently, i don't even think the Ori are actually in our galaxy, just their followers which are mere mortals like you and me. Sure they have great sheilds, but bear in mind it took a long time for Earth to build anything capable of penetrating Goa'uld sheilds.

We might lose a few battles, but we will not lose the war.
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Sooner or later, we will discover the Ori's weakness. It won't be easy, and I'm sure there will be many casualties along the way. However, sooner or later, it will happen. I mean come on, it's SG-1 we're talking about here. Also, I'm sure Ancient technology will play heavily in our fight against the Ori. That is, if the Ancients themselves aren't forced to make a move by the Ori.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Supposedly we can use stuff that the Ancients left behind-like always. Of course this galaxy will suffer horribly for a few episodes, but I'm sure once weaknesses are found then the war will turn our way. When the Jaffa and SGC find some CRAZY gizmo to take out the Ori followers by then I want to have seen Chulak fallen, The Nox hidden, The Gadmeer('Scorched Earth') put up one hell of a fight, and Baal do some damage to something. Shortly after that, I would like to see Anubis survive a holocaust of the ascended only to be imprisoned on an Earth ship that was reverse engineered to Ori ships. I digress, I really just don't see us loosing through the rest of the series' lifespan.

Comment

Seriously they are not gods, they are just more technologically advanced with more knowledge. So are the Asgard.

As we saw with the Asgard sometimes you don't need a more advanced weapon in order to turn the tide, even for a little while, in any war. You don't need to fight fire with fire... There is nothing that says you have to be on equal terms in a war ya know. And just because they have better weapons, doesn't hopeless make.

And ya know what, there is nothing wrong with not winning for a while. Nothing wrong with being on the run from a superior force, if anything it is more interesting and more suspensful. If we were winning all the time I would ask what the point was.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

You know its not hopeless, its SG-1 the good guys always win!
                      Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Well, we're not gonna win with that attitude...

Comment

*looks out her door*
                          Nope, I don't feel threatened and I still have HOPE.
                          John Crichton brought that word to us...oh wait, wrong show....
                          Nope, I don't think this battle with fictional characters on a fictional show is hopeless.

Comment

since most people seems to be anticipating our victory in the coming season, so let me ask you, would we win in the battle against the ancient themselves, because i dont see any difference between the ancient and the ori.

doctor who

Comment

Actually there is a hole in that idea... see if the ori were to come to the MW themselves the ascended ancients would unleash hell on their asses. And it's possible that if the war against the ori followers gets bad enough the ascended ancients might just step in and so something even though we know thats unlikely because of their non interference policy. but i suspect that sg1 will find merlins weapon within 2 seasons, if the show even goes on that long. In fact i'm kinda hoping that sg1 finds merlin as that would be cool. Possibly found in an ancient stasis chamber... that or he re-ascended. It's just going to be interesting to see what happens with Project Pegasus, whether that ascended chick wants to help or just fix what the ancients view as "merlins mistake of making the weapon"

But i digress, because once the weapon is found, the ori can be owned and then beating their followers won't be as tricky
                              And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X