X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin is ?.

Spoiler:
    Janus

I think that the storyline presented by SG1 is that Merlin was an Atlantian (Ancient) who began to think outside the confined box of the other Atlantians. Perhaps all the time ascended tends to make the mind dull and unimaginative. We saw this same omnipotent action on TNG with the ?Q?. Their interaction with humans gave them something to do; a reason to exist.

So Merlin began to look inward and beyond the omnipotent actions and realize that his fellow ascended beings needed some prodding. We see this in SG1/S10 in bits and pieces with clues littered about.

My theory is this is from his time as the human Janus, ?BEFORE I SLEEP, 1.15?. We saw this man was a thinker out side the box, the example build a time machine against the wishes of his fellow Atlantians, not once but twice at least.

Throw stones, large or small.
    The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Spoiler:
    Nope. It's Moros (the old guy who didn't like what Janus was doing). I forgot where I learned that, but it's been going around the forum. Nice theory though.

EDIT: Found it:
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Gateworld Episode Guide
    Still rumored but undiscovered is a powerful weapon invented by Merlin, who we have learned was a Lantian scientist (Myrdin, also known as Moros) who returned to Earth from Atlantis 10,000 years ago ("Avalon, Part 1," Atlantis: "Before I Sleep") .
    http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/10x6.shtml
    Last edited by Jumper One; 28 April 2006, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Well so did Oma Destala, Orlin & All the known Ori but none of them are Merlin... So, your reasoning is kinda invalid...

I think he's a different Ancient... SGA: Before I Sleep came alongside SG-1: S9 & at that time, the Ori hadn't been thought up of, neither had Merlin, so I'd doubt Janus was intentionally thought of as Past-Merlin by TPTB...

Although... with all the Retconning going on... Anythings possible...

Comment

Jumper One is right, it's Moros.

Spoilers from Gateworld for Season 10 episode, The Pegasus Project:
        Spoiler:
        With the threat of the Ori now pressing upon our galaxy, SG-1 continues its desperate search for any way to stand up to the evil ascended beings. Still rumored but undiscovered is a powerful weapon invented by Merlin, who we have learned was a Lantian scientist (Myrdin, also known as Moros) who returned to Earth from Atlantis 10,000 years ago ("Avalon, Part 1," Atlantis: "Before I Sleep").

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak

Spoilers from Gateworld for Season 10 episode, The Pegasus Project:
          Indeed!
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
            I think that the storyline presented by SG1 is that Merlin was an Atlantian (Ancient) who began to think outside the confined box of the other Atlantians.
            Originally posted by Naonak
            I wonder if Moros meeting Weir has something to do with him breaking the rules of the Ascended, he seemed like a rather rule abiding person in Before i Sleep. Perhaps him meeting a human from the future helped convince him to do more to protect humanity and the Ascended.
            sigpic

Comment

it's quite wierd that merlin is Moros, because when i saw Before i sleep , tought that it was because of ancients like him, that they didn't mess with the lower plains.

Comment

Well i think what was going through his mind was that the Ori were using the lower plain of existance (humans) as their puppets and pawns, so he decided that there needed to be something to stop the Ori incase their lemmings come to try to kick our milkyway asses. That way if the Ori needed to be irradicated in order to give their lemmings a disadvantage in the MW, theres the failsafe.
                And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

Well if I had my way we would see Janus again.
                  He seems the type that would use the time jumper to make sure Wier and her team made it ok.
                  Who knows
                  He may one day show up in our time and offer his help.
                  And the others couldn't touch him since he never ascended.

Comment

how do you know that he was never ascended?

Comment

if he uses the time jumper to get to us.
                      and before he dies he takes the jumper to maybornes world

Comment

and? he might have ascended there, we don't know.

Comment

I don't think your grasping what I'm saying.
                          The moment he returns to Earth and builds his new time jumper his zips to season 10 to see if wier made it ok. He thens learns the Ori are stiring the pot and stays to help. The others can't touch him is he at that point hasn't ascended. He can help Earth build all kinds of new toys. Then go time jumping all over creation and ascend, in whatever time he wants.

Comment

^^^^^he could be their doctor who?

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze
                              I wonder if Moros meeting Weir has something to do with him breaking the rules of the Ascended, he seemed like a rather rule abiding person in Before i Sleep. Perhaps him meeting a human from the future helped convince him to do more to protect humanity and the Ascended.
                              When we firt see him he is law abiding. Then like you said, he meets Weir and learns of us. Then he Ascends and he learns of the Ori. After leaving the PG with the Wraith in there wake he desides that he will no longer tolerate it and realises that there wake is what is destroying everything and is now bound to do something about it.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                              X