X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - The Albaquerque Tribune: Shows to watch stranded on a deserted island

From The Albaquerque Tribune (Albuquerque, NM):

http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/features...658029,00.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Isle be there: Shows to watch stranded on a deserted island

April 28, 2006

Let's say you're one of those unfortunate yet genetically blessed castaways on "Lost."

Since we're suspending disbelief that much, let's also pretend in that handy hatch there's a cable-ready TV instead of a dusty 1970s computer that needs numbers entered every 108 minutes.

And on that old-school TV set with limited capabilities, only five shows are available for the rest of your time on the island.

The Tribune's most TV-addicted staffers weigh in on what shows they would watch to help their brains rot during their stay.

Mary-Ann McBride, TV critic

1. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997-2003): Creator/writer Joss Whedon is a certified genius who could have put his talents into formulating a plan for world peace or something. Instead, he brought us something more worthwhile - seven seasons of a vampire-slaying teen (Sarah Michelle Geller) who endured every possible horror known to man and demon. Thank you, Joss!

2. "Stargate SG-1" (1997-present): My deep and unabiding affection for Richard Dean Anderson and his team has only grown as they continue to save the universe from evil every time they travel to another tree-lined planet.

3. "A Different World" (1987-93): The comedic love story between dorky Dwayne Wayne (Kadeem Hardison) and snotty Southern belle Whitley Gilbert (Jasmine Guy) set at an all-black college never fails to make me laugh or shudder (at least at the outfits).

Dwaaaayne!

4. "Guiding Light" (1952-present): More than 50 years of romance and faked deaths to keep me occupied while I wait to get rescued. I can see Reva (Kim Zimmer) and Josh (Robert Newman) get married for the 40th time and watch the Spauldings backstab and blackmail their way up the corporate ladder.

5. "MacGyver" (1985-92): Richard Dean Anderson again - this time with a mullet and the ability to get himself out of sticky situations. Heaven! Watching could also give me an idea on how to get myself off the island using just underwire, leaves and peanut butter.

**major snippage**

2006 ? The Albuquerque Tribune

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X