Clear All

Best Fantasy Movie Series

I nominate the following three film series:

Lord of the Rings (3 films)
    Star Wars (6 films)
    Harry Potter (4 films so far)

Any other nominations?

Movies and Fantasy and Series

I'm trying to stick with fantasy and that's why I did not include Trek. I admit that Star Wars has some SciFi in it, but the use of "The Force" and many other elements have a mythic quality and elements of magic that move it to the fantasy side IMHO.

Lord of the Rings are probably better films, but I like Star Wars more.
    Can't think of any that are better, or that I like more than either of those two.
    Everything about H#rry P#tt#r is utter, utter crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
      Lord of the Rings are probably better films, but I like Star Wars more.
      Can't think of any that are better, or that I like more than either of those two.
      Everything about H#rry P#tt#r is utter, utter crap.
      Agree with everything you say, have always hated Harry Potter, love Star wars the original 3 and LOTR is great movies but they dont have the same something that makes star wars so great.

Comment

Final Fantasy- Never watched it but my friend tells me it's good. yeah, it's mosty Games but it has 2 Movies also- Could be considered as a Series...

Comment

Well, I nominate Star Wars, if it's to be included as a fantasy series, and The Lord of the Rings. Haven't got into the Harry Potter series

Can't think of any more fantasy series apart from The Chronicles of Narnia, although, they've only produced one film so far.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
          X