• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramifications from the Korolev

Well as we have seen
    Spoiler:

the Korolev has been destroyed.

Does anyone think this will come to bite the US and/or Russia in the ass on the political scene of earth? I think it would provide valuable storylines.

Well, for one thing, the Russians have no right to be mad at the US. We gave them a ship, and it got blown up. Too bad. But however, that isn't going to stop political tensions from building on Earth. I agree, it could be a part of future episodes.

Comment

I sense that the russians might try to pull the whole "your americans screwed up making it, because your oddysey withstood an ori shot and wasn't destroyed but ours was by the same thing, so somehow it's your fault (because we're arrogant pricks)".

Just an instinct based on what i've seen them do in the past.
      And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

Oh, I'm sure we'll be hearing from the Russians this season. No way they'll let the
        Spoiler:
        destruction of the Korolev go so easily.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe the Asgard will get blamed because they use Asgard shield technology. Perhaps they decided to make the Russians more primitive because of the relationship that the States and the Asgard share, I don't think that would be the case though, it may have been that the Korolev took more hits than the Odyssey and the shields decimated.
          Last edited by Bull3t; 27 April 2006, 07:11 PM.
          TEAL'C: You have been impregnated without copulation?
          VALA: Yes. And I'm absolutely terrified. Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?
          MITCHELL: Well, there's one…
          TEAL'C: Darth Vader.

Comment

Originally posted by Bull3t
            Maybe the Asgard will get blamed because they use Asgard shield technology. Perhaps they decided to make the Russians more primitive because of the relationship that the States and the Asgard share, I don't think that would be the case though, it may have been that the Korolev took more hits than the Odyssey and the shields decimated.
            Without the Asgard, i don't even think Earth would be capable of making any sort of sheild at all. Even if the Russians do blame the Asgard, what are they gonna do, write a threatening e-mail?
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Are we even sure it was the Korlev that got distroyed?

All we saw was a ship blow up - the Odessey and the Korlev are the same make and thus look a like. It's just as likely it was the former as it was the later.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

russians have every right to be pissed at the us. they haven't been keeping up their end of the deal. only taking advantage/

Comment

Frankly both ships has sg-1 members on them, which one got destroyed?, what happened to the sg-1 members? in season 10 we will find out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, lessee. Daniel and Mitchell were on the Kololev. Mitchell was headed for the fighters to lead an attack and
                    Daniel we know ends up on the Ori ship apparently.
                    . Aside from that there are several other spoilers that mention the Odyssey. So I think it's a pretty safe bet which one got destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                      Are we even sure it was the Korlev that got distroyed?

All we saw was a ship blow up - the Odessey and the Korlev are the same make and thus look a like. It's just as likely it was the former as it was the later.
                      read the season 10 spoilers on gateworld it says that mitchell and carter go on a dangerous mission abourd the oddysey

Comment

Im not so much of a poster around here, but i think i have to say this, although im not sure of this info being a 100% correct -

as far as i remember, early spoilers of the episode "Off the Grid" said, that something about "Prometheus geting into a firefight"
                        But we know at that time the Prometheus was already destroyed, and maybe the person mentioning the plot didnt know better or just didnt want to spoil prometheus destruction.

I think it works just the same way with the Odyssey/Korolev Problem, i think they just picked a name, and it doesnt necessarily mean, the destruction of one ship is certain

at least thats my thinking

Comment

All changing the name of the show would do is confuse n00bs and ruin the look of the stack of SG1 boxsets I have
                          aka paddytehpyro

Comment

that sentence doesnt make any sense, at least not in this thread

Comment

But it makes more sense if the Odessey was distroyed. It didn't have 2 of SG-1 on it for a start, which is important. Add to that if we are using megar spoilers which have been known to get names wrong to detirmine this, it could be interesting come July.

Personally, I think it'll be interesting to have the Odessey distroyed because that will end SG-1's quick beam out fixes and it'll also mean a heavier presence of The Russians in the game.
                              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                              X