X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - BBC News: Fans hope for goodwill from stars

From BBC News:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4946692.stm

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Fans hope for goodwill from stars

By Kevin Young
    BBC News entertainment reporter

**snippity doo-dah**

But how do other celebrities behave when invited to interact - and how easy is it for people to meet their favourite stars?

'One shot'

**snippage**

A number of companies organise autograph fairs and celebrity conventions to enable fans to pay to meet their favourite stars, especially TV actors.

Five stars from the real-time drama 24 are promised at a convention in London in May, for instance, while Brian Cooney, an organiser at Wolf Events in the UK, is working towards shows with cast members from sci-fi series Alias, Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG-1.

"If they're a theatre actor, they get applause, but if they're a TV actor, somebody yells 'cut' and they never know what people think of their work," he says.

"When they turn up at an event, it gives them the opportunity to get the feedback to what they've done, so it's very personal."

Mr Cooney also says access to celebrities can vary by country. "I've been told by people who've recently been to a US event that we totally spoil them.

"Here, the actors tend to have photo opportunities with the fans, they will overrun their talk times and exceed their signing times excessively because they want to get through everybody."

**snippage**

Stars are 'perceptive'

Mr Cooney agrees that most of the celebrities he deals with are perceptive enough to understand they will receive more invitations if they're outgoing and friendly, because "they will get a reputation for being a good guest".

There are the odd actors "who want to do their allotted time and then head for the door", he says, but he tends to avoid approaching those demanding high appearance fees or who will put in only minimum effort.

Published: 2006/04/27 07:46:06 GMT

© BBC MMVI

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks for sharing this interesting

XX

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck

XX
      I read it this morning. It was fun to read. You can also find this stuff very easily (such as all the Playback articles) by simply going to www.google.com/news and typing in Stargate. And even get a news alert. I find my email box full of 'em on different stuff when I get home from work.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        I read it this morning. It was fun to read. You can also find this stuff very easily (such as all the Playback articles) by simply going to www.google.com/news and typing in Stargate. And even get a news alert. I find my email box full of 'em on different stuff when I get home from work.

Elyse, I have an account with Playback Magazine, and received an e-mail from them advising me of the articles.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck

XX
          You're very welcome, St@rbuck.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
            Elyse, I have an account with Playback Magazine, and received an e-mail from them advising me of the articles.

Morjana
            Well, hey, they're out there on Google News too and the suggestion for people to sign up for it still stands. It's a very useful tool. And Playback Magazine has been offering the free subscription for minimal information from the user.

Comment

Working...
            X