Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Brand new and more powerful New Goa'uld!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Brand new and more powerful New Goa'uld!

Hey guys and gals, wouldn't it be cool if TPTB brought into the equation a brand new goa'uld in Season 10. Of course it has to be from Egyptian Mythology, but sumone who for many years has stayed in the backlight and in season 10 comes out and really powerful.

And to be honest with you the previous goa'uld could have been laughed at, so the Ori story line is very mature and the team have to take the Ori seriously, especially in the last ep. HIGHLIGHT. Whoooping. So wouldn't it be great if a new and powerful goa'uld came along but sumone that the team also have to take seriously?
    I HATE SY-FY

The Egyptian god... Aten?

This would be his symbol... the "Ankh".

IMO, that looks like something which may have inspired TPTB to create the Ori's oval religious symbol. One difference is that the worshippers of the Aten, were monotheists.

But, I doubt that TPTB will make a Goa'uld as a significant threat. The Ori are the new bad guys, those new Goa'uld would have to play second fiddle.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I like it, it's true I also very much doubt that they'll bring in a goa'uld, but like you said Aten, a goa'uld we have not heard of in Stargate I think, that comes out of the shadows and with great power it wouldmake a great story.

Good one.
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Why would the most powerful Goa'uld stay in the background. I really think Anubis was that Goa'uld.
        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Spoiler:
          Well, the Goauld Athena will be introduced this season. Though, I doubt that she will be the uber-Goauld that you are hoping for.

I would be content to meet more of the minor Goauld, like Nerus, now that the System Lords have fallen.

Comment

I hope Athena is HOT...

Comment

Well, the Goul'd aren't exterminated per se, but I would guess that they at the moment are keeping a low profile in the galaxy.

However it would be interesting if they joined in the battle against the Ori, after all, the Goul'd hates to serve someone else...
              Then again there may well be systemlords left out there. It's a big galaxy, and the Jaffa rebellion may not have encompassed every planet.

And I'm still waiting to see from Baal. I can't believe that guy would ever die.
              "You have been impregnated, without copulation?"
              "Yes! And I am absolutly terrified! Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?"
              "Well, there's one..."
              "Darth Vader!"
              "Really!? How did that turn out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                Why would the most powerful Goa'uld stay in the background. I really think Anubis was that Goa'uld.

I was gonna say that.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                  I hope Athena is HOT...
                  I was hoping that the Olympians would have been the Furlings. Or maybe even the Titans. While it is kinda interesting having the Goa'uld impersonate various mythological panteons, it always looked wierd to me how Lord Yu's homeworld was asian, yet he had Pyramid ships. Just like how first Ra, then Apophis had an egyptian theme, an Asian theme could have been used for an entirely different species. The same with Athena, & Chronos.

Comment

Originally posted by CobraGate
                    I was hoping that the Olympians would have been the Furlings. Or maybe even the Titans. While it is kinda interesting having the Goa'uld impersonate various mythological panteons, it always looked wierd to me how Lord Yu's homeworld was asian, yet he had Pyramid ships. Just like how first Ra, then Apophis had an egyptian theme, an Asian theme could have been used for an entirely different species. The same with Athena, & Chronos.
                    Having several alien species using the same scheme feels kind of strained. The Goul'd are parasites, they don't so much form their own culture as they steal others. A Goul'd in asia would adopt asian culture, or at least those parts that suited him. And beeing deeply conservative they would keep the architecture even thousends of years after leaving earth.
                    "You have been impregnated, without copulation?"
                    "Yes! And I am absolutly terrified! Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?"
                    "Well, there's one..."
                    "Darth Vader!"
                    "Really!? How did that turn out?"

Comment

It appears to be that....

Asgard = Norse/Scandinavians/Vikings
                      Goa'uld = Egyptian, Greek, Chinese, Middle-Eastern, India
                      Furlings = Mayan/Aztec
                      Nox = Naturalists or maybe Shamanistic cultures being in peace with nature and all?
                      Ancients = Roman, Chinese, Arthurian, + Buddhism
                      Ori = simply Religious Fanaticism
                      Asuran = Indian/Hinduism
                      Wraith = Bram Stoker's Dracula

Comment

Furlings = Mayan/Aztec
                        Nox = Naturalists or maybe Shamanistic cultures being in peace with nature and all?
                        Asuran = Indian/Hinduism
                        Regarding the Asurans:
                        Spoiler:
                        How exactly do evil nanobot creations resemble Hinduism?

Comment

Furlings = Mayan/Aztec
                          Asuran = Indian/Hinduism

I thought the Aztec/Mayan gods were already Goa'uld.

Unfornuately, the Roman gods are just copies of the Greek gods. It woulds be cool to see Mars, the God of war, Slayer of Thousands

I like the Idea of the god Hephaestus the blacksmith of the gods, the maker of lightning boltz for Zeus.

Or just a Goa'uld who has found an Ancient lab and has been studying Ancient tech for thousands of years.
                          For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

Comment

anubis was that goauld

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                              anubis was that goauld
                              Indeed! Besides, now is the time of the Ori. "The most powerful" Goa'uld showing up would really take away from the new storyline.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X