This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S10 ,International relations on Earth

Now the Ori fleet is in our galaxy, Can Nations of Earth unit together?

Can we expect some episode of international cooperation, or international rivalries

Before S9
    The Russian were already part of the Stargate program(Junior partner) ,When the US governement disclose the Stargate program to the 3 other major nations (China, France, U.K) in Ep "Disclosure", the purpose was built an alliance to defend Earth.The 5 nation control most of the arm force on Earth.

When the Go'auld were defeated , US governement broke the agreement and only share non-military alien tech with China, Even Daniel knew that wasn't the wording of orginal agreement with the Chinese.

The Russian use Chinese , and that opportunity to blackmail U.S for a BC-304 ,The Korolev .And the Korolev were probably got (spoiler) ** Destroy** in the S9 finale.

The Chinese probably were very upset with the Russian for using them, still angry with the US.

The Russian work so hard for the Korolev ,probably end up with nothing after "Camelot", loss the Chinese 's trust (if there were any to began with) , and regret for showing her true colour and backmailing the American at the wrong time.

The US will need to get China and Russia to help them against the Ori,and need to be nicer to France and UK .

An enemy like the Ori, Russia and China's help is going to mean very little. If anything, the bickering will make matters worse. I don't really like those political episodes that much, i hope they don't go into it too much.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
      An enemy like the Ori, Russia and China's help is going to mean very little. If anything, the bickering will make matters worse. I don't really like those political episodes that much, i hope they don't go into it too much.
      But you don't want China, or Russia side with the Ori, China could offer them a billion follower, In ep"Ethon", the Ori gave the Rand nation the super satellite weapon, with it the Rand nations destroy the the Prometheus, and the Caledonia were back into a corner, in the end they wipe each other out.

I think the American should be nicer to the other country on Earth , or they may side with the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
        But you don't want China, or Russia side with the Ori, China could offer them a billion follower, In ep"Ethon", the Ori gave the Rand nation the super satellite weapon, with it the Rand nations destroy the the Prometheus, and the Caledonia were back into a corner, in the end they wipe each other out.

I think the American should be nicer to the other country on Earth , or they may side with the Ori.
        Good point, i didn't think about that. For that to happen though, the Ori would have to come to Earth by ship, as China and Russia do not have a stargate. That opens up a huge can of worms in regards to the population of Earth finding out there are aliens out there.
        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

If an Ori ship comes to Earth... the episode can be named "SCREWED".
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

The nations that know for sure about the Stargate are the U.S., Russia, China, U.K., France, and Canada.
            So what happens? All the representitives sit down and start bickering about what each country has to offer and what they deserve:

China's putting pressure on the U.S. and are pretty pissed at Russia. They'll write up a long list of demands.
            Russia will continue to remind the U.S. of their long-term support, but I don't see as much pressure coming from them as China.
            The British and French will complain a lot, and the follow it up with a long list of unrealistic demands.
            Canada brings the doughnuts and a fruit basket if they're invited.

In essence, yes. If the Ori come, the world is screwed because we can't set aside petty differences. And we'll be lucky if we don't blow ourselves up first.

Comment

Well, for one, Most Likley a few, if not many, would want to release the Stargate Program to their Country, therby, letting it spread to the World.
              This, obviously, would cause a few problems. I piosted this in a previous Thread on a closley related matter:

Originally posted by The Prophet (i.e Myself)
              Well that would involve the release of the Stargate Program to the world, which could mean disasterous results: Businesses would want to buy Places on Planets, possibly resulting in the Exploitation of Off-World Civilizations as they have no current "Human Rights", They might be Human, but they aren't from Earth, so there would be tremendous legal ramifactions.

Poorer Countries would want to send people off to planets to start their own life soemwhere else.

People would become incresingly Paranoid, not just from the concept of Aliens but of the Concept that the US Government could keep something from them for so long. They would become Xenophobic, the concept that they are not alone & are in immense peril would drive them insane.

Soon, Different Countries/Businesses would be buying/Taking Planets, starting off the "Star Race" akin to the Space Race, We'd get the Pepsi Empire, The Nike Empire, the McDonald Empire, The British Star Empire, The Scandinavian Empire. Soon, people would forget about Globalisation & think about Galacicisation, or Galacic-Clusterisation.

The Concept of the Alterans creating us & ascending would create a massive Storm from all the religious sides of things, The Vatican would go crazy & possibly Terrorists would target the US for releasing this blaspheme upon them. Buddhists would become Arrogant that they were right & would also be targeted for religious prejudice. People would Start worshipping Origin as an attempt to save their own lives.

The threat of the Ori, besides increasing Religious Hostility would make people try & get a One-way ticket off Earth.

There would be System Lord Rock T-shirts etc. Business with Advanced Tech would sweep the market. if someone got their hands on Crystaline Data Storage it would put Microsoft off the map.

People are just not ready for it, sadly.
              So, problems would arise from International Relations concerning the SGC.

On a side note, it could be done & still conform to the Real World whcih Stargate wants to keep to. New Religions or Cults keep popping up all the time, soem even bcoming Immensely Popular, The Church of Scientology is a great example, It has Sci-Fi-Paranormal beliefs which concerns Off-Earth Activities, which could be subsituted for the Origin beliefs. They just need to replace the Church of Scientology witgh the Church of Origin, or just simply Origin & it will avoid offending CoS members. it could be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                For that to happen though, the Ori would have to come to Earth by ship, as China and Russia do not have a stargate. That opens up a huge can of worms in regards to the population of Earth finding out there are aliens out there
                If the Ori want to divide Earth ,they don't need to sent their fleet of ships all it take is one Prior with a cloaked ship.
                they can sent one Prior to Earth with a small cloaked cargo ship, some Goa'uld had already defected to their side, they can easliy get cloaked Goa'uld ship.Once on Eath they just set up meeting with the Chinese or Russian Governement or with smaller governement like North Korea.

They offer them some super weapon like the Rand sateille and in exchange they adpot the Ori religion as the offical religion .
                China, Russia or even North Korea can make their people act like they love Communism for many decades , it won't be a big problem to get them worship Ori, many of them may fade it ,but who can tell.
                Last edited by ckwongau; 21 April 2006, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                  In essence, yes. If the Ori come, the world is screwed because we can't set aside petty differences. And we'll be lucky if we don't blow ourselves up first.
                  Very sad, yet very true.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The thing is that the other countries do have alot to offer to the SG program , jsut SGC need to find out more on how they can trust .

CHINA and JAPAN could offer stuff like NEWER TECHNOLOGY . They are really great at finding ways to help otu with new stuff lke that .

Russia , France and the UK could supply Military support for the SGC , Have special teams from teh SGC to work and train teams from other countries to help us in the fight in are GALAXY .

Canada and Mexico could help us with areas to build are SHIPS and other technology that we learn about .

With the SGC controlling and putting together teh teams and work force to BUILD and LEARN about all the technology that we find , and also help train special teams for OFF WORLD exploring , then SGC would still controll what goes on .

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                      The thing is that the other countries do have alot to offer to the SG program , jsut SGC need to find out more on how they can trust .

CHINA and JAPAN could offer stuff like NEWER TECHNOLOGY . They are really great at finding ways to help otu with new stuff lke that .

Russia , France and the UK could supply Military support for the SGC , Have special teams from teh SGC to work and train teams from other countries to help us in the fight in are GALAXY .

Canada and Mexico could help us with areas to build are SHIPS and other technology that we learn about .

With the SGC controlling and putting together teh teams and work force to BUILD and LEARN about all the technology that we find , and also help train special teams for OFF WORLD exploring , then SGC would still controll what goes on .
                      I'm just going to add something to the Canada and Russia parts. Both Canada and Russia are resource/land rich and it wouldn't be too hard to hide a secret military base somewhere in either of the two countries (ie the Artic).

Also I would also like to add that you could use the EU instead of saying Britain and france since other countries know about the stargate program since the Antartic incident. The EU being the second largest economy would be a major asset in getting resources and you have the inovative Germany there, Nordic counties which have lots of spare room (artic again) and the vast resources of the area. Italy is quite economically powerful as well.

South Korea basically can improve tech so it goes in same catagory as China/Japan. I can't believe no one has mentioned India yet. It is a Nucular power, booming economy, an emerging super-power and to top it off has the second largest pop. on earth. Pakistan I'm not sure about but maybe.

Australia has lots of usable land and has lots of uranuim (hint they can give others nucular capabiltiy even though they disarmed all thier nukes). Indonesia is also something to remember after all they have the 4th largest pop. and has resourses. Still I don't know if Indonesia can go on the list.

Brazil should deffinalty have a say after all they are one of the booming economies as well. Argentina may have a go but it's politically unstable.

I'm going to mention South Arfrica for merit because it's the the richest country in Africa and accualy isn't being totally over-run by HIV-AIDS (they have a bigger white pop. then other African countries who don't have the rates of infection that the black culture creates).

Countries that I've said yet aren't sure about: Pakistan, South Africa, Indonesia and Argentina.
                      I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

nope had the sgc been made public from the get go then maybe but now? no

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          If an Ori ship comes to Earth... the episode can be named "SCREWED".
                          We'd be really screwed if Origin would have been a beer based religion.
                          School is overrated.

Comment

I could just imagine the uproar that would take place if a giant U.S. partnered military facility was built in our arctic and anyone in the public found out.....It wouldn't be pretty.....

Comment

ha earth would turn to origin. bout everyone who's religious would.

Comment

Working...
                              X