• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seattle Post Intelligencer : SG1 keeps cruising

Seattle Post Intelligencer*

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/267484_tv21.html

On TV: 'Stargate SG-1' keeps cruising, even after all these light years

EXCERPT:

VANCOUVER, B.C. -- It takes about 4 1/2 to travel by bus and taxi between Seattle and Bridge Studios in Burnaby, where "Stargate SG-1" is produced. One couldn't help thinking about that while standing in front of the stargate itself, a massive prop tens of feet tall on Stage 5 -- the gate room. Actual 21st-century travel is brutal in comparison to the "Stargate's" fantasy -- instantaneous strolls across the galaxy.The tradeoff is that the gate goes both ways. And in the series' 10th season, which begins in July, the SG-1 team -- Dr. Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks), Lt. Col. Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping), alien ally Teal'c (Christopher Judge) and newcomer Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder) will use it to fend off the Ori, an enemy that seems to be unstoppable.

* Click on link above full article - the nice HUGE aticle! *

Excellent article.

I noticed the comments linked to RDA about returning part time.

Now "SG-1" has reached yet another stage of life with Browder and Black in the mix -- and, perhaps, Anderson returning part-time at some point. (He stressed that was up to the producers and MGM.)

It would be good if they could reach an agreement.

Comment

Oh man--I'll have to see if my daughter can pick me up a copy. She lives in the Seattle area. Thanks for the link!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Great article, thanks for the link, prion!

I just love what Chris Judge said: "With the infusion of Ben and Claudia and Beau (Bridges, playing Gen. Hank Landry) it really reinvigorated us and brought a new energy to the show. And it really doesn't feel like 10 years -- it's given us new kids to play with in the sandbox."

And we really should support them now!

Comment

Working...
        X