This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Starfighter

Greetings Starfighter you have been recruited by the Starleague to proctect the forntier for Zoro, and the Kondan armada.

Well, at least talk about it.
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Wow, is that an old one. And that brings back a lot of memories from when I was little. I thought it was a great movie.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It was, but when I rewatched it I realized how much the graphics sucked... They sucked...

Comment

I still think it's a great movie, and I still have it on DVD. Just the right amount of cheese so that it's not too whiffy.

To be fair on the graphics, CGI was just in it's infancy back then, all flat surfaces, no texture/bump mapping, and high polygon counts that we all expect to see today.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

OMG when I was little I loved this movie .

Comment

It was good.

How many Starfighters are left
            Counting you
            Yes counting me
            one
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

This was a great movie! And I actually love the graphics.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

i remember seing this on tv once it was fairly good

Comment

ROFLMAO! I haven't heard that in a while! I used to love this movie. I remember even reading the book after the movie. Of course I was much younger then...
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved that movie when I was a kid.

I thought the CGI was great for the time though. Keep in mind, that's about 15 years ago. Stuff was still being done on generic PCs and Amigas. Not a lot of great dedicated software back then.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

its funny because i bought 13 DVDs from amazon with my $126 state tax refund check, and The Last Starfighter was one of them.

a classic movie from my youth.

Long live 80's cheese.

Comment

I used to watch this along with Flight of the Navigator all the time when I was a kid.

Comment

Flight of the navigator was about the kid who goes faster than light right?

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
                            I used to watch this along with Flight of the Navigator all the time when I was a kid.
                            i have that DVD too.

Compliance!

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                              Flight of the navigator was about the kid who goes faster than light right?
                              Err... Sort of...

It's about 12-year-old David Freeman who gets taken--by traveling at the speed of light--to an alien world and then is returned to Earth--unaware that anything had happened--and finds that 8 years have transpired.

Flight of the Navigator is one of my all-time favorite movies.
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Working...
                              X