This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1 10th Anniversary DVD set

Although this might be considered merchandise news, it IS news...

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=35601

Stargate DVD Set Due (again)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will celebrate the 10th anniversary of Stargate SG-1 with the release of the show's first eight seasons in a special DVD collection due June 13.

The Stargate SG-1 DVD collection contains the complete episodes for all eight seasons, along with extra content including two featurettes, "The Directors' Series" and "Beyond the Gate." Stargate SG-1: Seasons 1-8 will be available for a suggested retail price of $49.96.

[does anybody else predict a lot of buying of this special set and then a massive unloading of old sets on eBay??? ]

$49.96 for all eight seasons???

wow...I've paid much more than that for one!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

very nice price indeed, i wish i could have bought my seasons 1-8 for that cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasons
        very nice price indeed, i wish i could have bought my seasons 1-8 for that cheap.
        Alas, no. Scifi corrected their copy between the time I found it this morning and now. That's $49 for EACH season. Darn.

Comment

Did I miss the part where there was something special about these DVDs that would necessitate buying them all over again? We've got pretty much all the Directors Series and Beyond the Gates already. The only thing I can imagine is that these are the slim-packaged re-issues that they're talking about here.

But if this is celebrating their 10 years, why not wait to include seasons 9 and 10 and put them all in a kickass box set?

Strange.

Comment

Are these the new slim-case sets?
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
              Are these the new slim-case sets?
              Yes. Read

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5511

Comment

God, I hope we can exchange them?

I'm not paying $50 for a new box set when I already them.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  God, I hope we can exchange them?

I'm not paying $50 for a new box set when I already them.
                  In reading the TVshowsondvd.com stuff, it seems the ONLY difference between the sets is... smaller packaging. So if you have money but tight space.... buy, otherwise, I don't see the need.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    In reading the TVshowsondvd.com stuff, it seems the ONLY difference between the sets is... smaller packaging. So if you have money but tight space.... buy, otherwise, I don't see the need.
                    But there are more Featurettes for the Anniversary DVD Set, and I want the extra features.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      But there are more Featurettes for the Anniversary DVD Set, and I want the extra features.

http://www.filmfodder.com/scifi/arch...e_sg1_dv.shtml

reports in addition to Scifi.com and tvshowsondvd.com....

To the dismay of those already in possession of the previous seasons in the larger cases who might want their DVD sets to be consistent, Season 9 (which just ended) and the upcoming Season 10 will reportedly also be packaged in the slim cases. The previous DVD releases were in the standard-size cases.

*Click on link above full text*

I'd really double-check before replacing sets, though...

Comment

I can't wait for these.....I'm glad I held off buying the sets before now.

Comment

I am wondering if they will include more "extra content" than the extras already on the DVDs already out. I know some shows have gone back years later and done audio commentaries for special releases. Maybe they will do the same for the SG1 DVDs where there is none.
                          Well, I can hope, can't I?
                          I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                          Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Adding more bonus material would be awesome, especially since we in Region 1 apparently haven't gotten nearly as much as Region 2. Unfortunately, that would require the entire disc to be re-authored, which can get quite expensive. Not to mention the hassle of pulling all the original materials (and episodes) from the archives for re-authoring.

I don't see it happening this decade.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                              Adding more bonus material would be awesome, especially since we in Region 1 apparently haven't gotten nearly as much as Region 2. Unfortunately, that would require the entire disc to be re-authored, which can get quite expensive. Not to mention the hassle of pulling all the original materials (and episodes) from the archives for re-authoring.

I don't see it happening this decade.
                              Or else we could find other means of finding it:

Like with the Extended version of Martin Wood Director's Series for Lost City from the UK DVD Release (got it off Scifigate before it shut down).
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X