X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the SGC Relocate to a Ship??

I don't think they will, and I don't really "want" them to, but:

Now that they have the ability to build massive space ships, shouldn't they consider moving Stargate Operations to one of these ships, just transferring everyone to the ship (and the stargate). Sort of like the Trust did.

This would allow them to:

1) Be independent from Intraplanetary conflicts.

2) Have more contained environment (safer for Earth)

3) Can change location

4) Can quickly eject the stargate in "one of those" times.

5) Can dispatch other ships (like tel'tacs, from Hangars), to pick up stranded teams.

In general it would be safer and more efficient I believe.

A ship can be high-jacked/stolen, a montain can not (6x11/8x12) or blown away more easily (9x15).
    If you have a virus in your ship (SGA 2x02) you could get vented in space and will definitely have a more contained environment .
    Star Trek isn't the answer in Stargate.
    School is overrated.

Comment

the amout of times we seen bad things happen to ships, its worse.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

I think they would be too vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
          I don't think they will, and I don't really "want" them to, but:

Now that they have the ability to build massive space ships, shouldn't they consider moving Stargate Operations to one of these ships, just transferring everyone to the ship (and the stargate). Sort of like the Trust did.

This would allow them to:

1) Be independent from Intraplanetary conflicts.

2) Have more contained environment (safer for Earth)

3) Can change location

4) Can quickly eject the stargate in "one of those" times.

5) Can dispatch other ships (like tel'tacs, from Hangars), to pick up stranded teams.

In general it would be safer and more efficient I believe.

Put it on the moon
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

NO! I say leave the SGC right where it is.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Nope, Cheyanne Mountain IS the SGC. No mountain, no SGC. Wouldn't be the same. The mountain is pretty much the safest place there is for the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                Nope, Cheyanne Mountain IS the SGC. No mountain, no SGC. Wouldn't be the same. The mountain is pretty much the safest place there is for the gate.
                I must agree.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

no startrek or farscrape transformations!

Comment

Well in our pilot for Genesis we have the SGC, IC, homeworld defence and area 51 all relocate to the antarctic, because its safe, and we have access to all the technolgy, its remote so secret and if you need tons of space for having 'geusts' like the asgard landing or something like that, or even just building ship then you would have the space, and all accessable cos of beaming technology. So that was our spin on SGC future.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                      Well in our pilot for Genesis we have the SGC, IC, homeworld defence and area 51 all relocate to the antarctic, because its safe, and we have access to all the technolgy, its remote so secret and if you need tons of space for having 'geusts' like the asgard landing or something like that, or even just building ship then you would have the space, and all accessable cos of beaming technology. So that was our spin on SGC future.
                      Re-locating to the Antarctic isn't a bad idea. But no, Cheyanne Mountain is still and always will be, the home of the SGC.

Comment

Well, there's international policy not to set up Military Locations in Space or the Antarctic (as it belongs to many different countries), so it'd be illegal to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                          Well, there's international policy not to set up Military Locations in Space or the Antarctic (as it belongs to many different countries), so it'd be illegal to do so.
                          But you'd think that might be modified in the case of the Stargate- I could see if the gate became a world-wide known thing with participation from dozens of countries then it might re-locate to Antarctica.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                            But you'd think that might be modified in the case of the Stargate- I could see if the gate became a world-wide known thing with participation from dozens of countries then it might re-locate to Antarctica.
                            Well that would involve the release of the Stargate Program to the world, which could mean disasterous results: Businesses would want to buy Places on Planets, possibly resulting in the Exploitation of Off-World Civilizations as they have no current "Human Rights", They might be Human, but they aren't from Earth, so there would be tremendous legal ramifactions.

Poorer Countries would want to send people off to planets to start their own life soemwhere else.

People would become incresingly Paranoid, not just from the concept of Aliens but of the Concept that the US Government could keep something from them for so long. They would become Xenophobic, the concept that they are not alone & are in immense peril would drive them insane.

Soon, Different Countries/Businesses would be buying/Taking Planets, starting off the "Star Race" akin to the Space Race, We'd get the Pepsi Empire, The Nike Empire, the McDonald Empire, The British Star Empire, The Scandinavian Empire. Soon, people would forget about Globalisation & think about Galacicisation, or Galacic-Clusterisation.

The Concept of the Alterans creating us & ascending would create a massive Storm from all the religious sides of things, The Vatican would go crazy & possibly Terrorists would target the US for releasing this blaspheme upon them. Buddhists would become Arrogant that they were right & would also be targeted for religious prejudice. People would Start worshipping Origin as an attempt to save their own lives.

The threat of the Ori, besides increasing Religious Hostility would make people try & get a One-way ticket off Earth.

There would be System Lord Rock T-shirts etc. Business with Advanced Tech would sweep the market. if someone got their hands on Crystaline Data Storage it would put Microsoft off the map.

People are just not ready for it, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                              Well that would involve the release of the Stargate Program to the world, which could mean disasterous results: Businesses would want to buy Places on Planets, possibly resulting in the Exploitation of Off-World Civilizations as they have no current "Human Rights", They might be Human, but they aren't from Earth, so there would be tremendous legal ramifactions.

Poorer Countries would want to send people off to planets to start their own life soemwhere else.

People would become incresingly Paranoid, not just from the concept of Aliens but of the Concept that the US Government could keep something from them for so long. They would become Xenophobic, the concept that they are not alone & are in immense peril would drive them insane.

Soon, Different Countries/Businesses would be buying/Taking Planets, starting off the "Star Race" akin to the Space Race, We'd get the Pepsi Empire, The Nike Empire, the McDonald Empire, The British Star Empire, The Scandinavian Empire. Soon, people would forget about Globalisation & think about Galacicisation, or Galacic-Clusterisation.

The Concept of the Alterans creating us & ascending would create a massive Storm from all the religious sides of things, The Vatican would go crazy & possibly Terrorists would target the US for releasing this blaspheme upon them. Buddhists would become Arrogant that they were right & would also be targeted for religious prejudice. People would Start worshipping Origin as an attempt to save their own lives.

The threat of the Ori, besides increasing Religious Hostility would make people try & get a One-way ticket off Earth.

There would be System Lord Rock T-shirts etc. Business with Advanced Tech would sweep the market. if someone got their hands on Crystaline Data Storage it would put Microsoft off the map.

People are just not ready for it, sadly.
                              Only in America.
                              School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X