X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adria's Birth Is Really A Reference To

Darth Vader.

Vala dies at the hands of Sandpeople (AKA Jaffa), which starts Adria on the path to the Dark Side. Then Adria conquers the galaxy, but has twin children first, a girl and a boy. The girl eventually grows up under the tutelage of Daniel Jackson on this annoying backwater world called 'Dirt' or something like that, and redeems her mother and frees the galaxy from the tyranny of the Emper... uh, the Ori, I mean.

Did you really have to start a thread to tell that joke?

Comment

What a waste of a thread. Oh and virgin birth? Are you kidding me? This is VALA we are talking about!
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
        What a waste of a thread. Oh and virgin birth? Are you kidding me? This is VALA we are talking about!
        Totaly agree with you ..
        Matthew
        Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

same here...

Comment

its more a reference to a female jesus than darth vader! yeah and virgin birth! HA, the dragon head got her, thats not a virgin birth just some weird interspecies r*pe story...!
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
              its more a reference to a female jesus than darth vader! yeah and virgin birth! HA, the dragon head got her, thats not a virgin birth just some weird interspecies r*pe story...!
              It actually reminds me of "Rosemary's Baby", or the "Omen" in some sense. The devil impregnating a human host so that darkness can rein.

As for virgin birth, yes Vala may not be a technical virgin, however, she was impregnated by powerful 'god like' beings, who in every sense consider themselves gods. Therefore, technically speaking, this is truly an immaculate conception.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Wow, am I slow or what? I was kinda shakey about the virgin birth of Adria, I never stoppped to relize thta Vala is no virgin. Where has my brain been. Thanks for ya'll giving me a smack in the back of the head an knocking some sense back into me. I needed that.
                Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodan5757
                  As for virgin birth, yes Vala may not be a technical virgin, however, she was impregnated by powerful 'god like' beings, who in every sense consider themselves gods.
                  Well Daniel is pretty cool, but I wouldnt call him God-like Heck she said she was pregnant before with what might be Daniel's baby, so maybe the Ori just kept things runnin smoothly, you never know
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Well Daniel is pretty cool, but I wouldnt call him God-like Heck she said she was pregnant before with what might be Daniel's baby, so maybe the Ori just kept things runnin smoothly, you never know
                    How dare you say Daniel isn't god-like! And he has a girlfriend on nearly every planet out there, so yea, you never know. Especially with Vala laying in his bed in a nice little tank top and panties...<drool>...yes some episode are watched more then others.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

Comment

It actually reminds me of "Rosemary's Baby", or the "Omen" in some sense. The devil impregnating a human host so that darkness can rein.
                      Actually, in 'The Omen', the mother was a jackal rather than a human.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

How dare you say Daniel isn't god-like! And he has a girlfriend on nearly every planet out there, so yea, you never know. Especially with Vala laying in his bed in a nice little tank top and panties...<drool>...yes some episode are watched more then others.
                        lmao! Well there was that certain scene in The Ties That Bind, hey its shallow, but we can all be a little shallow once in a while. Oh, and "Imaculate conception", dude got skills! Okay thats enough inuendo fr one day

Comment

lmao! Well there was that certain scene in The Ties That Bind, hey its shallow, but we can all be a little shallow once in a while. Oh, and "Imaculate conception", dude got skills! Okay thats enough inuendo fr one day
                          There is never enough inuendo when Vala is concerned...I'd like to inuendo her right now <mmmmm, Vaaaaalaaaaaa>...ok, maybe your right...we should probably drop this before we go to far over the PG rating.

Comment

And this thread started with nothing and after a while it became something, its incredible, the Thread evolution right before your eyes. And the good part is after a while it isn't even on-topic anymore, incredible....but hey to go back to the topic:

Adria isn't Darth Vader, Vader is uncomparible

Comment

Boo to this thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X