Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotham: a new series about Bruce Wayne...?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotham: a new series about Bruce Wayne...?

When Smallville is finally cancelled, I think the producers and writers should start a new show about the young Bruce Wayne's teenage years. It would require changing his past a bit, but why not? Here are my ideas:

In my version, Bruce (age 14) decides to enroll himself in the local public high school, instead of a prep school. He wants to make friends with real people, and he wants to learn about real life. Bruce wants to mingle with the common folk.

Clearly, he is treated like an outcast, but he makes friends with the "class clown" a poor kid who will one day be the Joker.

Also, there has to be a "hot" girl who is his "friend" and a nerdy girl too.

Also, Bruce will have a mentor who is training him to become a future crime fighter.

And I would include a younger Commisher Gordon, who is not a commisher yet and his daughter, Barbara.

Ohhhh, we could include other Batman villains as characters before they became villains. Harvey Dent could be the class president. Maybe Selina Kyle could be the super hot girl in class.

I would style it as a mix between Veronica Mars and Smallville. Bruce would never be called Batman, and the poor kid would never be called the Joker.

I wish that a show like Gothum would have been done instead of that piece of dead, stinking crap "Birds of Prey". What a horrible show!

WEll why not do it like the movie when he diappears to the middle east and stuff, you can have him moving from town to town, living by crime but knowing where to draw the line.
    he would stop the local thug but he would also take the money from the bank whilst doing it, here he could hone his fighting and criminlogy skills.
    it would be like kung-fu all over again. and when he was really hard up he could call Alfred for a few quid to sort him out.
    With that there is more moving scenery, maybe he even has business rivals from Gotham city trying to kill him so they can take over his company!.

Comment

Actually, Kennaway, there are two reasons why the producers would rather use my idea.

First, if it is set in one place, Gothum, it is cheaper. They don't want to keep going to different locations and hiring new actors. I would set Gothum in the great city of Toronto!

Second, I think the people in charge of everything would want to continue the success of Smallville, and the best way is to a show as close as possible to it. Therefore, Gothum would be about a hero in training (Batman) who is in high school trying to adjust to normal life. However, he is not normal. Bruce is super rich, he is psychologically scared, and he is destined to become the Batman.

According to the comics, and not the movie, Bruce began training with this detective guy at age 13. He was, in fact, the first Robin. These origin comics came out shortly after the Crisis on Infinite Earths. Its great stuff.

Anyway, I think my idea would work. I think they should remake Kung Fu too.

Comment

nah

should instead make season 2+ of spiderman the new animated series

Comment

suppose your idea is more financially agreeable, just like the idea of some sort of wandering good guy, not been done in a while.
          with regards to the comics i dont usually read them, the only canon stuff i know is what i have read on wikipedia.
          your suggestion seems to be a remake of smallville, it is good, just think that maybe they could do a future based on, i know they did the nightwing (i think of old bruce training the new batman). now that would be cool!!

Comment

First, if it is set in one place, Gothum, it is cheaper.
            Wouldn't it make more sense to set it in Gotham?

Anyway, don't underestimate the cheapness of Fugitive-template shows, particularly for a company like WB who has an extensive backlot. The greatest saving is that you only have one regular, which cuts between $600,000 to $1.5m free from the budget, depending.

Another point, is that while having young Clark in Smallville fighting supervillains is only a minor tweak on the comics (the major difference being that he doesn't call himself 'Superboy' while doing it), having Bruce staying in Gotham totally changes the character. His "Life Quest" around the world is central to what makes him Batman later on.

Ultimately, though, it's all moot. WB rejected the "Bruce Wayne" pitch Miller and Gough came up before Smallville just because they were *hoping* there'd be a Batman movie. They're not going to change their minds now that they've got a successful movie franchise actually on the go.

Comment

yeah i see what you mean, they would be fooling around with canon which would probably confuse most of the viewers, I know they did it on smallville with ALOT of stuff but then doing it twice ain't as nice.
              anyway why not just create a new hero instead, i mean as soon as you have one guy who has been done already and everybody is familiar with him (i.e. clark and bruce) why not do a different hero without the restrictions of he has to wear certain colours or he doesn't have this power or that power.
              just my musing anyway, that is why i wanted a wandering hero, less tied down by everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Madacapa
                Actually, Kennaway, there are two reasons why the producers would rather use my idea.

First, if it is set in one place, Gothum, it is cheaper. They don't want to keep going to different locations and hiring new actors. I would set Gothum in the great city of Toronto!
                Actually, Gotham (with an A) is the D.C. equivalent of New York, which doesn't exist in that universe under the name "New York".

Comment

Originally posted by Madacapa
                  When Smallville is finally cancelled, I think the producers and writers should start a new show about the young Bruce Wayne's teenage years. It would require changing his past a bit, but why not? Here are my ideas:

In my version, Bruce (age 14) decides to enroll himself in the local public high school, instead of a prep school. He wants to make friends with real people, and he wants to learn about real life. Bruce wants to mingle with the common folk.

Clearly, he is treated like an outcast, but he makes friends with the "class clown" a poor kid who will one day be the Joker.

Also, there has to be a "hot" girl who is his "friend" and a nerdy girl too.

Also, Bruce will have a mentor who is training him to become a future crime fighter.

And I would include a younger Commisher Gordon, who is not a commisher yet and his daughter, Barbara.

Ohhhh, we could include other Batman villains as characters before they became villains. Harvey Dent could be the class president. Maybe Selina Kyle could be the super hot girl in class.

I would style it as a mix between Veronica Mars and Smallville. Bruce would never be called Batman, and the poor kid would never be called the Joker.

I wish that a show like Gothum would have been done instead of that piece of dead, stinking crap "Birds of Prey". What a horrible show!
                  I´d love it if they did make a series about a young Bruce Wayne but there are a few things that I think would have to be done different from you idea.

First, Bruce has an over powering desire to better himself in order to be able to fight crime and would therefore not go to a public school but would seek out the one that would teach him what he needs.

The Joker shouldn´t be used in the series as a regular but maybe be used as a season villian at some point. He would then just be a low ranking member of the local crime gang or something.

Harvey Dent should be Bruces friend in the series, I belive that they are supposed to be friends when they are grown up so having that established there would make sense.

I´d also say that the show should start with Bruce in high school but at some point he should just throw his life if luxury away and go travel the world and seek out ways to fight crime.

Comment

Love that idea

I thought there acyually was gona be a series there for a minute :0

XXX

Comment

Working...
                    X