Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which TV show do you think has the best look?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which TV show do you think has the best look?

Ultimately, I like the production on Firefly and Doctor Who 2005. There's times when I'd think that it would look like a movie especially with the special effects. But the one show that deserves recognition is Farscape. I know sometimes the sets/fx can look cheap but I still give respect to that because it seems like they had more of a challenge to come up with an original fantasy/sci-fi look with a smaller budget.

Im gonna go with the same as you, Firefly and Doctor Who
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Earth Final Conflict had a very nice feeling. Granted the writing was poor at times, but the feeling was still very different and I liked it very much.

FarScape is my personal favorite. Firefly had a very realistic feel and Dr Who has a relaxed and easy going feel.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
        Im gonna go with the same as you, Firefly and Doctor Who
        Thanks and I also forgot to mention nuBSG's sets. I like the look but my problem is that it mainly took place in the ship, out in space or in the forest. I now there've been other places but it didn't seem like there was enough variety. And that's not to take anything away from nuBSG, I just think they did a really good job with Firefly and Doctor Who 2005.

Comment

I really like the feel of Firefly personally
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Firefly
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Farscape, followed closely by Stargate SG-1.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Enterprise

Comment

Firefly, loved the lighting and how they managed to blend the asian and western influences together. Also liked how they moved further away from the western influences into more futuristic settings the closer they got to the core systems.

Comment

Sci-fi, I would choose Firefly. I loved the contrast between the outer rim planets and the core planets designs. Also loved the whole eastern stylings of the courtesans and such. The clothes were great as well as each costume really fit the culture and profession of that character.

Non-scifi, I would choose Rome. It's such a spin on the old movie idea of Rome as this shining city. All the great architecture is there but it's all grimeyed down with wear and tear and the chaotic goings-on of everyday life.

Comment

FarScape would be my first choice. One can really feel the exoticness in the music and the sets--especially the sets of Moya, Talyn, and other Leviathans. And many of aliens look like nothing you'd find in other shows.

Babylon 5 would be my second choice with its dramaticness.
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Sci-FI: Lexx (though EFC did have a pretty cool feel)
                        Non-SF: The Sopranos
                        Last edited by DigiFluid; 17 April 2006, 06:43 AM.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Earth the Final Conflict - one of the most unique and creative looks yet.

Farscape

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            Earth Final Conflict had a very nice feeling. Granted the writing was poor at times, but the feeling was still very different and I liked it very much.
                            Like all of Season Five.
                            I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid
                              Like all of Season Five.
                              Definitely.

Comment

Working...
                              X