This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If SG1 kill the Ori with Merlin's weapon,any danger to the Ancient

The Asgard told Sam that Merlin's weapon is like transfering an energy wave to the Ascended world and cancel the Ascended being out.

Sam wanted to use it in the Ori Galaxy , but what if SG1 can't get to the Ori Galaxy, have they consider using it in the Milkyway, and even if they manage to get to the Ori galaxy, are what are the range of the weapon?Can they destory only the Ascended being within one a region of the Universe.one or two galaxy , or all of the Ascended world.

What if some Ori hide in distant galaxy , if Ancient(the other) can watch over Milkyway and Pegasus, then some Ori can hide elsewhere and return with a vengence.

Have we consider the possibilities of killing the all the Ancient along with the Ori

It wasnt really explained but Kvasir made it sound like a type of galactic grenade in that you activate it, throw it into a galaxy and all ascended beings get 'cancelled' out. So if sent to the Ori galaxy then it would only kill the Ori and if used in the Milky Way galaxy then it would kill the Ascended Ancients. Good point though about the possibility of the Ori fleeing to another galaxy to avoid it.

This is speculation though as nothing definately was said and since Earth hasnt found the weapon it will still remain somewhat of a mystery.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
      It wasnt really explained but Kvasir made it sound like a type of galactic grenade in that you activate it, throw it into a galaxy and all ascended beings get 'cancelled' out. So if sent to the Ori galaxy then it would only kill the Ori and if used in the Milky Way galaxy then it would kill the Ascended Ancients. Good point though about the possibility of the Ori fleeing to another galaxy to avoid it.

This is speculation though as nothing definately was said and since Earth hasnt found the weapon it will still remain somewhat of a mystery.

i'm picturing the holy hand grenade of antioch. but that would only work if the ancients descended as killer wabbits

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytheclaw
        i'm picturing the holy hand grenade of antioch. but that would only work if the ancients descended as killer wabbits
        If we could get that rabbit and throw THAT into the Ori galaxy. That would be useful.

Imagine all the Priors running and shouting,
        "Run Away! Run Away!"

Comment

Unfortunately for SG-1 and our galaxy, the Ori aren't going anywhere anytime soon. It may take us a long time to find this weapon.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Unfortunately for SG-1 and our galaxy, the Ori aren't going anywhere anytime soon. It may take us a long time to find this weapon.

I agree with you on that.

I'm also glad that they didn't destroy the Ori after just one season.

Comment

But will the Others even allow it to exist in our dimension? As soon have it they might see it as a threat and destroy it!

Comment

I hope the weapon kills all ascended beings period. That way we'll have Adria, Doci, Priors, Crusaders vs us. No more ascended vs ascended, and no way to get any deus ex machinas from ascended beings braking rules.

Comment

True or if they feel threatened enough by the Ori they might allow this 'interference' to go unpunished as they do seem slightly more willing to not break the rules but...well...bend them as seen with Orlin. And considering whats being preached by the Ori well i don't see them being worried that Earth might use it against them.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                    But will the Others even allow it to exist in our dimension? As soon have it they might see it as a threat and destroy it!
                    Do they even know about it? Merlin was creating it in the alternate dimension so they wouldn't know.

It's probaly going to be a while before they find the weapon. No one want to see SG-1 get their hands on a weapon that will just destroy their enemy so easily. Heck, the weaon might not even be finsihed for all we know.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Well I think the other Ancients have and idea about the weapon. There is a Spoiler for one of the new episodes of SGA where Daniel and Vala go to Atlanis. There they find out that there is an Ascended Ancient who was sent to watch over Meriln and he's work.

I also think that even if the Ancients know about the device and SG1 does end up using it here, the Ancients aren't going to stop us since they believe in non-interference.... the Great Flaw in their Grand Design I like to beleve. They won't stop us even if their own butts are on the line by our part

Comment

I don`t think they`d allow us to use the weapon against them instead of the Ori.
                        But if it turned out that it could only be used to neutralize all ascended beings or none I think they would allow it to happen.
                        After all, it doesn`t kill them, merely prevents them from taking any action in our universe (at worst, it puts them into a coma-like state).
                        They know that a conflict with the Ori is coming, if they have any doubts about their ability to win they might allow us to stop it from going that far.
                        Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                        Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          I hope the weapon kills all ascended beings period. That way we'll have Adria, Doci, Priors, Crusaders vs us. No more ascended vs ascended, and no way to get any deus ex machinas from ascended beings braking rules.

whats means deus ex machinas ?
                          Hallowed are the Ori !!!
                          Follow the path of the Enlightment !
                          Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
                            I don`t think they`d allow us to use the weapon against them instead of the Ori.
                            But if it turned out that it could only be used to neutralize all ascended beings or none I think they would allow it to happen.
                            After all, it doesn`t kill them, merely prevents them from taking any action in our universe (at worst, it puts them into a coma-like state).
                            They know that a conflict with the Ori is coming, if they have any doubts about their ability to win they might allow us to stop it from going that far.
                            Thats not what has been said in that episode though. Kvasir said that the Sangraal would produce ZPM type energy and channel it into the ascended realm where it would cancel the energy of Ascended beings. Whether cancel means destruction or nullifying or turning ascended beings into humans is not known and pure speculation at this point.

Comment

If we find the weapon, we don't really need to find the Ori.

We say to the Ancients:

"Hey, you! This is your fault, okay? The Wraith, the Ori, the Goa'uld, the Replicators. You screwed a lot up and just left. So you either go and kick some Ori a$$ or we're gonna toast YOUR lazy butts."

It may be a tad bit aggressive, but hey, if it does the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X