This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'ri can't leave their galaxy?

I wonder if it's possible the reason the O'ri haven't violated "the rules" is because that since their power is tied to their followers, they can't come over to MW and start lightning bolting Jaffa until they get enough followers over here giving them power. Kind of like the gods in the game Black&white.

We know that ascended ancients are capable of breaking the rules. I just saw a rerun of the one where they met O'ma and she destroyed an entire goa'uld army! So it doesn't make sense to me why the O'ri would obey the rules, after all they are evil. So it might be because they actually can't, any thoughts?

Personally, I think that the Ori can leave their galaxy. I just don't think they want to get into a full-on conflict with the Ancients until they know they can win. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
      Personally, I think that the Ori can leave their galaxy. I just don't think they want to get into a full-on conflict with the Ancients until they know they can win. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.
      I think the ascended beings in the MW outnumber the Ori and they don't have enough power to overthrow them all yet.
      error: signature not found

Comment

If the fight was only between the Ancients and the Ori, the Ori probably would have come already, but since the Ancients have other ascended beings who follow them, the Ori are probably worried that they'll lose. Besides, the Ori wouldn't want to engage the Ancients in battle, for it to just end in a stalemate.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          The ancients are babies and wont do anything. They were going to let anubis destroy the whole galaxy just to punish one of their own for stepping over the line.
          Last edited by freyr's mother; 13 April 2006, 05:24 PM.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

they can't but don't want to cuz the alterrans would own them

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
              If the fight was only between the Ancients and the Ori, the Ori probably would have come already, but since the Ancients have other ascended beings who follow them, the Ori are probably worried that they'll lose. Besides, the Ori wouldn't want to engage the Ancients in battle, for it to just end in a stalemate.
              since when?

Comment

Why do people keep thinking the Ancient rules apply to the Ori?
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by override367
                  I wonder if it's possible the reason the O'ri haven't violated "the rules" is because that since their power is tied to their followers, they can't come over to MW and start lightning bolting Jaffa until they get enough followers over here giving them power. Kind of like the gods in the game Black&white.

We know that ascended ancients are capable of breaking the rules. I just saw a rerun of the one where they met O'ma and she destroyed an entire goa'uld army! So it doesn't make sense to me why the O'ri would obey the rules, after all they are evil. So it might be because they actually can't, any thoughts?
                  'The rules' aren't simply ascended rules, they were made up by the 'Others', the only reason ascended being don't interfere is because the other will intervene...

Comment

remember the ancients have the extra abydonions that oma ascended so that is extra ppl for the ancients

Comment

We don't really know how many Ori or Ancients there are.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

what if we find out that the Ori are the others, and everything they will tell us about the Ancients is true.

Comment

And according to Oma Desala in "Threads", not all the Others are Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                            what if we find out that the Ori are the others, and everything they will tell us about the Ancients is true.
                            Not gonna happen. Not in this show. They've been too busy building up the Ancients in a positive manner. Besides, the Ori's worship or die bit doesn't really support their being the good guys either.

Comment

who's talking about being the good guys, just the one's who are pulling the strings, making sure the Ancient's obey.

Comment

Working...
                              X