X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other nations?

Right now in the Stargate Universe. The countries that know about the
    Stargate are United States,Russia,China,France,United Kingdom all permament U.N Security Counsel members.

What about other countries like Germany,Japan,Finland,Sweden, etc. These countries have alot to give the international community. I know there is still alot of animosity for Germany and Japan even today. But Japan has the industrial power to make fleets of ships.

I live in the U.S and I believe the tptb need to break away from the old hatred of the past century. With the Ori threat now in our galaxy we need to be the Tau'ri (United Earth) not just the United States with occasional help from the Russians (Korelov)

All these countries would love to help the SGC but the US is not letting them even try to help. No wonder China wants to take the gate, we wont even let them help. I know the show is called SG-1, but Atlantis broke away from the Cold War hysteria, why can't SG-1.

I believe the huge problem is the tptb, understand the other countries in RL would be angry about the US not telling there own allies about the Stargate and telling the Peoples Republic of China.

What is your guys opinions?

P.S. If this is on other posts, I apologize, I just want some fresh opinions
    For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

Originally posted by OmegaProject
    Stargate are United States,Russia,China,France,United Kingdom all permament U.N Security Counsel members.

What about other countries like Germany,Japan,Finland,Sweden, etc. These countries have alot to give the international community. I know there is still alot of animosity for Germany and Japan even today. But Japan has the industrial power to make fleets of ships.

I live in the U.S and I believe the tptb need to break away from the old hatred of the past century. With the Ori threat now in our galaxy we need to be the Tau'ri (United Earth) not just the United States with occasional help from the Russians (Korelov)

All these countries would love to help the SGC but the US is not letting them even try to help. No wonder China wants to take the gate, we wont even let them help. I know the show is called SG-1, but Atlantis broke away from the Cold War hysteria, why can't SG-1.

I believe the huge problem is the tptb, understand the other countries in RL would be angry about the US not telling there own allies about the Stargate and telling the Peoples Republic of China.

Well they are participating in the SG-1 somewhat, they are bankrolling the SGC.

I assume like the Russians before them other nations also contribute personel to the Program
    sigpic

Comment

But the Russian teams are the first to die. I know if I was a Russian and got assigned the the SGC, I would be telling my family to prepare for a funeral, most likely a closed-casket

Comment

JAPAN ROCKS!!

I'd like to see other nations contribute...some WITH the US...and others doing their own rogue things. Like China.
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I, on behalf of my country New Zealand, Would like to lend our services to the Stargate Program.

We don't have an Airforce as such (we do, but we don't have any planes.) We can't really help out there.

Our economy is heading towards pretty bad ecnomic recession, so we can't really help out money wise.

All we can really offer you are some good old fashioned Kiwi invetions. So help yourself to Pineapple Lumps, Barbed Wire, and Pavlova.

As for the actual topic. America has everything they need. Why would they want to share it.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Since this is posted in the season ten forum, I'll assume you just missed these.

Warnings of spoilers up to and including season 9.

1st off, Canada knows. Has known since day one, since the Cheyenne Mountain facility is a joint U.S./Canada operation. It is extremelly likelly that a number of SGC personell, perhaps even SG team members are Canadian military, or Canadian citizens serving in the U.S. military, which is not that uncommon.

Russia was second to find out thanks to Maybornes treason. They ran their own program breiflly. In recent years, it has been shown that some Russian millitary personel are serving as part of the SGC. How many is unkown. They, at least for a time had an all Russian SG team opperating from Cheyenne mountain. They've also had design schematics for the F-302 fighter almost from the begining. They likelly have built some for themselves. They may have as many 302's as the U.S. does.

England, France and China were informed in season six. What role, if any they have in the SGC beyond funding it are unkown. Though the 304 designs are known only to Russia and the U.S., the 302 is a far less powerfull ship, and its designs may have been shared. Particullarly with England.

Following Anubis's attack in Lost City, it was revealed that more than a dozen nations are now aware of the stargate program. Japan, Germany, and the Czech Republic are three confirmed to have learned the truth, all three have personell serving as part of the atlantis expidition. Othe likelly nations are Australlia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina and Chille, givin these nations procsimity to Antartica, they may have easilly witnessed Anubis's attack first hand.

Given the number of nations now aware of whats going on, the United Nations may also have been informed.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
              Since this is posted in the season ten forum, I'll assume you just missed these.

1st off, Canada knows. Has known since day one, since the Cheyenne Mountain facility is a joint U.S./Canada operation. It is extremelly likelly that a number of SGC personell, perhaps even SG team members are Canadian military, or Canadian citizens serving in the U.S. military, which is not that uncommon.

Russia was second to find out thanks to Maybornes treason. They ran their own program breiflly. In recent years, it has been shown that some Russian millitary personel are serving as part of the SGC. How many is unkown. They, at least for a time had an all Russian SG team opperating from Cheyenne mountain. They've also had design schematics for the F-302 fighter almost from the begining. They likelly have built some for themselves. They may have as many 302's as the U.S. does.

England, France and China were informed in season six. What role, if any they have in the SGC beyond funding it are unkown. Though the 304 designs are known only to Russia and the U.S., the 302 is a far less powerfull ship, and its designs may have been shared. Particullarly with England.

Following Anubis's attack in Lost City, it was revealed that more than a dozen nations are now aware of the stargate program. Japan, Germany, and the Czech Republic are three confirmed to have learned the truth, all three have personell serving as part of the atlantis expidition. Othe likelly nations are Australlia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina and Chille, givin these nations procsimity to Antartica, they may have easilly witnessed Anubis's attack first hand.

Given the number of nations now aware of whats going on, the United Nations may also have been informed.
              I may have been a little over zealous about these countries not knowing about the Stargate program.

My main arguement is that United States is being a little over-confident about what they can do. Heck, Russia had to bribe/threaten to take the Stargate to get a ship. All they want to do is help. Do you blame them?

Also so many countries know about the Stargate, the truth may come out sooner than alot of people think.

As for the U.N they are the most spineless organization there is, even the Girlscouts have more spine than them.

Comment

I think that afer the ORI Invade are galaxy the U.S will other tell all other COUNTRIES or keep it a secrect tell the last minute .

It would be a smart thing to tell all other COUNTRIES for a few reasons .

1. With all other COUNTRIES helping out with technology advancements are ships would start getting faster to build . We would also make leaps to tother technology advancements , LIKE PCs and VEHICLEs .

2. With other COUNTRIES knowing about the SG program we could start up a WORLD FLEET of SHIPS . With the SGC in contoll of the fleet we still would be stronger to FIGHT battles on are own , rather then always asking for the Jaffas to help out or other RACES to join us to fight .

3. SPACE ADVANCEMENTS like CITY SHIPS ( like ATLANTIS and the TWO TOWERS ) would be possable for us to do . Might take a few years to do but we could do it .

Comment

iy dosnt matter how hard you argue all eathr together is better than us on its own

i also think if a country get one ship it no longer needs us help in obtaining recorsoces and do 302s need much alien materials besides a bit of naqada

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200
                    iy dosnt matter how hard you argue all eathr together is better than us on its own

i also think if a country get one ship it no longer needs us help in obtaining recorsoces and do 302s need much alien materials besides a bit of naqada
                    Indeed

Comment

I may have been a little over zealous about these countries not knowing about the Stargate program.

My main arguement is that United States is being a little over-confident about what they can do. Heck, Russia had to bribe/threaten to take the Stargate to get a ship. All they want to do is help. Do you blame them?

Also so many countries know about the Stargate, the truth may come out sooner than alot of people think.

As for the U.N they are the most spineless organization there is, even the Girlscouts have more spine than them.
                      Well the Russians wanted the U.S. to *build* them a ship, that's like asking for an Aircraft Carrier, it's a vastly expensive thing to just give another country, because afaik all the countries cooperating on this venture have the plans for the daedelus class vessels.

It's a shame the Russian's ship was blown up, I wanted to see more adventures with Colonel Chekov. I like seeing all the countries participate in Atlantis, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to have that big of a presence in Stargate Command, it is still a military base - and military brass aren't exactly into this whole globalization thing

Comment

Well, wasn't there some Japanese members on the Atlantis Expedition? You'd think that they'd know something.

Honestly, I'd prefer ships built by a Japanese fleet yard... they really pay attention to detail and make a fine product... possibly why the best electronics are made in Japan.

We need more asian representation beyond "China's Representative". I mean, at my university.. a good portion of the research professors are Indian or Asian (usually Taiwanese, Chinese or Japanese... very few Korean).. you'd think that asians would be more prominent in shows like this.

Comment

What?? the US over-confident? That's insane!

hehe
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by override367
                            Well the Russians wanted the U.S. to *build* them a ship, that's like asking for an Aircraft Carrier, it's a vastly expensive thing to just give another country, because afaik all the countries cooperating on this venture have the plans for the daedelus class vessels.

It's a shame the Russian's ship was blown up, I wanted to see more adventures with Colonel Chekov. I like seeing all the countries participate in Atlantis, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to have that big of a presence in Stargate Command, it is still a military base - and military brass aren't exactly into this whole globalization thing
                            All I am saying is making a international shipmaking off site. Like a Shipyard on the farside of the moon. Building Ships in zero gravity would be interesting. By all means have the Ships crewed by one country per ship (makes it too much like Star Trek if they would intergrate crews on ships.

Btw. If there is an alien armada coming towards Earth, I sure hope our countries work together to stop the threat(Just like on Independance Day)

Comment

Originally posted by cooky

we can help !
                              Hallowed are the Ori !!!
                              Follow the path of the Enlightment !
                              Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Working...
                              X