Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the ori only Using their Pre ascention tech?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the ori only Using their Pre ascention tech?

Just thinking...
    Arnt the rules of the others that you cannot use knoweledge youve gained once ascended back on the mortal plane. (explained in Season8 about anubis)
    Would this mean that the ori are only using their pre ascension technology to build their ships and make their weapons? Could this also be why the others allow priors to exist (because the ori had knoweldge how to evolve a human before they ascended?)
    If this is the case Then logically pre ascension ancient tech should be on par with that of the oris or maybe beyond it.
    If their going to break a rule whats from stopping them from breaking all the rules and doing the dirty work themselves.I wonder who would police their rules on their plane...

Originally posted by DestroyAscendedBeings
    Just thinking...
    Arnt the rules of the others that you cannot use knoweledge youve gained once ascended back on the mortal plane. (explained in Season8 about anubis)
    That rule was for Anubis alone. The problem with descending is that you will not be able to retain the knowledge in human form. Your brain simply can't hold it all. THis is what happened to Orlin in "The Four Horsemen".

Would this mean that the ori are only using their pre ascension technology to build their ships and make their weapons? Could this also be why the others allow priors to exist (because the ori had knoweldge how to evolve a human before they ascended?)
    I think the Ancients don't smite the priors because they aren't ascended beings. Ancients only mobilize when ascended beings come into our galaxy. I'm wondering if the rogue Ancients (like Oma) would do something.. possibly not. Remember: Non-interferance rule.

If this is the case Then logically pre ascension ancient tech should be on par with that of the oris or maybe beyond it.
    If their going to break a rule whats from stopping them from breaking all the rules and doing the dirty work themselves.I wonder who would police their rules on their plane...
    The Ancients can only enforce rules in their own galaxies. That's why the Orii invasion ships weren't destroyed: they were made with Ori knowledge in the Ori galaxy, where they make their own rules.

Comment

well if the ori are using their post ascended technology i am very disapointed then, with all the knowledge of the universe that was the best they could come up with? they may have good weapons and shields but that cant be the pinnacle of space flight. With all that knoweldge if they wanted to be invicible why not make it phase shift and have cloaking abilities etc etc and why make it from metals? how about a ship made from pure light or some other material

Comment

Well, this is discussed elsewhere. It could be that their knowledge is limited to their own galaxy, and that they were as advanced as the alterrans were when they left the Ori Galaxy so long ago.

Comment

1. Their knowledge is not infinite
          2. They invaded in a year
          3. The human workers build the ships
          4. It was damn effective in battle.

Why go with such advanced tech when tech that they have is good enough?

Comment

1.Yes for the billionth time we know this
            2. If the ori are not governd by the ancient rules why get mortals to build ships at all
            3. See 2
            4. why make multiple weak ships when they could make one all powerful one That could not be challenge no matter what? If their knoweledge is only limited to their galaxy wouldnt they over estimate the enemys power to make sure they defeat them rather than under estimating them

surely in the millions of years theyve been ascended they could come up with some non conventional ships and weapons. why use a catapult when they could design a nuke?
            Last edited by DestroyAscendedBeings; 11 April 2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

You think their ships are weak?

Are we watching different shows here?

Comment

weak in design is what im saying, and not much thought put into it by TPTB. im sure by season 10 episode 1 a couple of them will be destroyed by us with our in comparison medievil technology

Comment

How are they weak in design? Seemed pretty strong to me, the way they took out...all the ships.

And we'll just have to wait and see for Season 10, can't really be sure of anything at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DestroyAscendedBeings
                    weak in design is what im saying, and not much thought put into it by TPTB. im sure by season 10 episode 1 a couple of them will be destroyed by us with our in comparison medievil technology
                    Not much thought put into it by TPTB .
                    You try designing a new ship for a scifi series and see if you come up with something better
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

what im saying is... If the U.S go to battle in say africa against the natives would they use spears against them? or would they use their knoweledge and use tanks, helicopters and highly trained troops? We wouldnt just design better spears then them and expect that to work

Eoin
                      Im not saying i could but i dont get paid hundred of thousands of dollars to come up with them.
                      Last edited by DestroyAscendedBeings; 11 April 2006, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Ok, I'm still not getting this.

Did you see the fact that the "better spears" did work? Very well I might add?

Comment

their ships are about as invincible as apothises mothership, and anubis's and the replicaters ships...... give it a few episodes.. i smell a formula.

At this point PG15 im guessing if i showed you a picture of an apple youd call it an orange
                          not complaining its always good to hear other gateheads POV

If you had knoweldge of how the universe worked (not all of it but some) and had millions of years to study it would you make a deisgn close to a primative societys

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm just weird/rude/hostile/occasionally witty like that.

We shall see I guess.

Comment

First, being assended doesn't mean you know everything.

Second, the assended and Ori have similar technology, but not the same as they went down different paths.

Third, why do something yourself, when you can get someone else to do it for you.

Fourth, time is relative. And relative to the fact that they have all the time in the universe, nothing that happens have to happen over night for them.

Fifth, how would they build the ships? They are assended beings, and the logic remains if they take human form they will end up loosing their abilities. Hense why the possess/infuse the Priors.

Sixth, designing a new ship isn't easy. It doesn't have to look flash to be strong.
                              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                              X