PDA

View Full Version : Suppose Stargate was real

wowtokra
April 11th, 2006, 01:20 PM
This is something that has always made the show better than any other out there, its SciFi but at the same time it could be true and it still fits with Religion.

From a religious point of view one would think yeah its not true cause its not in the bible. Truth is many things that happened arent in the bible or there are many gaps. Now if SG universe was real, God creating the universe still applies.

We are the Viewers of "Wormhole Extreme" and maybe thats why they stress on making the 200th episode about it so that one day when they go public about the Stargate, we wont be in total shock :)

Earth mythologies go so well with Stargate that it almost seems possible, like Atlantis

Not saying its real, just saying what if.

GhostPoet
April 11th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I fit were real...we'd all have snakes in our heads or bellies right now.

IcyNeko
April 11th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Maybe you. I'd be on the first Time Jumper out, and by now I'd be fighting aboard an Ancient Cruiser.

Damar
April 11th, 2006, 01:52 PM
If Stargate was real, the program would have been revealed at the ending of the First Season.

Seriously, having two large warships in orbit, and firing enchanced nukes at them, plus a explosion that is create enough to destroy both ships would certainly be picked up civillians and all the goverments of the world, and before the SGC could stop it would have been major news.

jenks
April 11th, 2006, 02:01 PM
If Stargate was real, the program would have been revealed at the ending of the First Season.

Seriously, having two large warships in orbit, and firing enchanced nukes at them, plus a explosion that is create enough to destroy both ships would certainly be picked up civillians and all the goverments of the world, and before the SGC could stop it would have been major news.

The explosion we saw wasn't enough to destroy both ships, nuclear weapons like that don't detonate on impact...

AtlantisForever
April 11th, 2006, 02:11 PM
if the stargate n atlantis was real id love to be part of it tbh :)

generaloneill
April 11th, 2006, 02:14 PM
The explosion we saw wasn't enough to destroy both ships, nuclear weapons like that don't detonate on impact...

it would be cool if the stargate was real if this planet was doomed to extinction then we could just go through the gate if would also be cool if we had an ori supergate we could power it by turning the sun into a black hole or use a zpm to power it if we detected a hundreds of asteroids coming our way we could just dial the supergate and put it in the path of the asteroids and dump them on someone else's doorstep.:teyla:

Chutzpah
April 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM
But wait, get this. Cheyenne Mountain really is home to a North American Aerospace Defense Command. Not only that but

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Cheyenne_Mt_base.jpg

Ahhh! It looks just like the one in the TV series!

*puts on tape of ghost noises*

Stuey1221
April 11th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Dont forget, SG-1 is the only TV series ever to be fully backed by the USAF! So its gonna be based in something that has its basis in the Airforce... thats if Cheyenne is USAF owned?

Chutzpah
April 11th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Dont forget, SG-1 is the only TV series ever to be fully backed by the USAF! So its gonna be based in something that has its basis in the Airforce... thats if Cheyenne is USAF owned?

I don't think that it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Aerospace_Defense_Command

Stuey1221
April 11th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Close enough i suppose, NORAD...
Ever noticed the defcon sign in the Gate dialing room?

freyr's mother
April 11th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Riot outside cheyenne mountian!

Eoin
April 12th, 2006, 12:41 AM
The USAF admitted that the stargate was real 4 years ago :rolleyes:
thats old news now :P

They havent admitted to atlantis yet though :P

DestroyAscendedBeings
April 12th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Yes its all real and im founding a new religion to worship the ancients...... so i can ascend......

FallenAngelII
April 12th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Atlantis is not mythology. It's legend.

Chutzpah
April 12th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Atlantis is not mythology. It's legend.

Aren't they virtually the same thing?

Stuey1221
April 12th, 2006, 04:19 AM

Yeah, a myth told often enough becomes legend.

Aither
April 12th, 2006, 04:52 AM
But wait, get this. Cheyenne Mountain really is home to a North American Aerospace Defense Command. Not only that but

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Cheyenne_Mt_base.jpg

Ahhh! It looks just like the one in the TV series!

*puts on tape of ghost noises*
Because the images in the TV series of the external Cheyenne Mountain base come from the real Cheyenne Mountain base.

kazzyk
April 12th, 2006, 07:32 AM
That was the beauty of SG--the whole "it could be" factor. Not the religious aspect just simply the Stargate.

However, all that is in the past. It has now gone the way of all cheesy sci-fi and I am sure we will soon have a living ship too.

Spin
April 12th, 2006, 10:42 AM
That was the beauty of SG--the whole "it could be" factor. Not the religious aspect just simply the Stargate.

However, all that is in the past. It has now gone the way of all cheesy sci-fi and I am sure we will soon have a living ship too.

exactlly

jenks
April 12th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Yeah, a myth told often enough becomes legend.

no

Stuey1221
April 12th, 2006, 02:20 PM
no

Just to be awkward

Yes

OmegaProject
April 12th, 2006, 09:50 PM
If Stargate was real I would steal a Kull Warrior armor and weapons from Area 51 (don't know how but i'll find a way, errr or die trying. :)

2ndgenerationalteran
April 12th, 2006, 10:06 PM
if it were real switch from advanced physics to gene therapy, i would go and get the ancient dna and use the gene therapy and make me ancient. then fake it so i get acess to area 51 in hopes to "help" them out with superior logic and learning skills. then excape to some remote planet and live in total traquility

NakedJehutyV2
April 12th, 2006, 10:39 PM
if it were real we'd never know it. maybe bird flu is an ori plague?

PumBa
April 13th, 2006, 01:39 AM
:thor: say that the Stargate is real and he like anyone to come to his party this easter

//

no I don't think it is real and if it was I don't think it is going to be puplic

:comeon:

2ndgenerationalteran
April 13th, 2006, 08:36 PM
cant we just enjoy the what if? its all hyhpothetical, its not like we believe there is a sgc and the show is a way to ease the public into it. :p

the fifth man
April 13th, 2006, 08:57 PM
cant we just enjoy the what if? its all hyhpothetical, its not like we believe there is a sgc and the show is a way to ease the public into it. :p

So what are you saying? This isn't real? Maybe the doctors were right, I should have stayed on my meds.:D

Happy_Gate
April 13th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Don't you know?
Wormhole X-treme was actually a hint to us to what stargate the show really is!!!
*look around scared*

Gal-in-Black
April 14th, 2006, 06:16 PM
If it was real (And Im not confirming or denying that) I would be out there beating the crap outta the ori and stealing stuff right beside Vala...

Happy_Gate
April 15th, 2006, 02:58 AM
If it was real (And Im not confirming or denying that) I would be out there beating the crap outta the ori and stealing stuff right beside Vala...
just be careful not to get pregnant! :P

FallenAngelII
April 17th, 2006, 04:22 AM

A myth is something that has basis in the mystical and supernatural. Or it's a myth in the sense that it doesn't exist and only exists in stories.

A legend can be anything. I can become legendary for eating a pound of chocolate in 5 seconds.

Deevil
April 17th, 2006, 06:03 AM
A myth is a story that has some religious significance. It tends to be told outside of chronology. The story often explains the beginnings of traditions and customs in a timeless way. It's very symbolic in nature.

A legend is a story that is told within a historical context, as if it was a historical event, rather then the symbolic nature of myth, and thus often can be an exageration of actual historical events.

Metonic
April 19th, 2006, 10:20 PM
This is something that has always made the show better than any other out there, its SciFi but at the same time it could be true and it still fits with Religion.

From a religious point of view one would think yeah its not true cause its not in the bible. Truth is many things that happened arent in the bible or there are many gaps. Now if SG universe was real, God creating the universe still applies.

We are the Viewers of "Wormhole Extreme" and maybe thats why they stress on making the 200th episode about it so that one day when they go public about the Stargate, we wont be in total shock :)

Earth mythologies go so well with Stargate that it almost seems possible, like Atlantis

Not saying its real, just saying what if.

Washington wasn't in the bible.. therefor he wasnt real.. I'm actually offended that someone would actually say "If its not in the bible is not true" thats just making an ass of yourself. No offense, But, the Bible didn't mention how Hot dogs were made but we know they were made. The Bible didn't mention the United States,(directly lol.. some say theresa line claiming that when the Eagle falls it marks the begining of the apacolysp) Hell, The bible may be considered a history book, but it doesn't have everything that happened. Its like saying your Algebra book didn't say anything about Trigonometry so therefore it doesnt exist... Personally I believe most the things in the bible, but you must understand its a TRANSLATION ON A TRANSLATION ON A TRANSLATION and so on. For all we know, when God said "Let there be light, and there was light" it could say "pour me some milk dear, and the milk was poured."

Primus Commander Woden
April 20th, 2006, 07:01 AM
i woudl be straight out there fighting some Goauld butt!!

Snord
April 23rd, 2006, 01:56 AM
There could be a program similar to the Stargate one. As for the some of the tech however, we already have some of it in developement or hasn't been released yet. I have alot more links like this, but I'm lazy and most of it is more related to Star Trek and the new Battlestar Galactica. There are a few things being developed that at least remind me of the Kull warrior's suit. One is Hal(Japanese exo-skeletion), another is the type 1 Future Force Warrior(http://www.defenselink.mil/search/), and another is the Ursus Mark VII by Troy Hurtubise.

http://www.proxygen.com/36/Editorial.asp?aff_id=36&this_cat=UAVs&type_id=1455&cat_id=1463&action=sub&list_type=name classic stargate UAV

http://ccsl.mae.cornell.edu/research/selfrep/ replicators
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzfP0Ig7eVQ replicator likeness..kewl

http://www.darpa.mil/ucar/programs/hellads.htm energy weapon
http://www.missilethreat.com/systems/thel.html energy weapon

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001133.html space fighter training

http://www.darpa.mil/DARPAtech2004/pdf/scripts/MainScript.pdf DARPA's unobtainium-the reason why we don't detect Asgard ships..

Ra's mom
April 23rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Riot outside cheyenne mountian!
A M E N, :jack_new_anime25: we'll force them to tell! :jack_new_anime25:

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 06:08 PM
they are closing it down

ShipShape
April 23rd, 2006, 11:59 PM
they are closing it down

Well, that just proves it is real--they got wind of the riot.;)

For a long time, off and on, I have wondered if "God", as we perceive Him, was actually an alien, part of an advanced alien race, who either "made" this world, or came here and started humankind on a different track than what we were on (apes, chimpanzees, whatever). They could be like the Asgard, and still be protecting us; heaven could be Asgard beaming technology that takes us to a bucolic, peaceful planet light-years away. So, I don't find it impossible to believe that the stargate could be real.

Primus Commander Woden
April 24th, 2006, 07:07 AM
if Stargate was real i think i would faint lol, woudl be great fun,

and at the end of the day its not impossible.....plus would like ot meet thor!

Spudster
April 24th, 2006, 12:09 PM
there is 48,000 threads on god the ancient.....:indeed:

if stargate was real then my sister wud, for 3 years, bug my parents to buy her an BC-304, until i think they would finally shoot her in the head.... well theres always an up side in life!!!

Trek_Girl42
April 24th, 2006, 12:17 PM
*sigh* I want Stargate to be real.....I want to meet Thor to.

The_Gatester
April 24th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah would be great if the stargate were real. Then we could all get off this god forsaken planet and go pollute a new one :cameron:

If the gate did really exist and that the military IS in control of it, the entire galaxy is doomed, doomed I tells ya!!!!

Save us all mighty Thor!!! :thoranime07:

Especially with the governments we currently have. But if a stargate programme did actually exist and was revealed to the public, I'd join the programme in a heart beat.

Trek_Girl42
April 24th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah would be great if the stargate were real. Then we could all get off this god forsaken planet and go pollute a new one :cameron:

If the gate did really exist and that the military IS in control of it, the entire galaxy is doomed, doomed I tells ya!!!!

Save us all mighty Thor!!! :thoranime07:

Especially with the governments we currently have. But if a stargate programme did actually exist and was revealed to the public, I'd join the programme in a heart beat.
Absolutly.....the Stargate under the control of President Bush *shudders*

Spudster
April 24th, 2006, 02:23 PM
if the stargate was in control of president crap talk bush then there would be no alien races on other planets, he would have nuked them all to get their fossil fuels.

Trek_Girl42
April 24th, 2006, 03:26 PM
if the stargate was in control of president crap talk bush then there would be no alien races on other planets, he would have nuked them all to get their fossil fuels.
He would have taken all their naquada/naquadria, and he would probably be xenophobic. We'd never get the chance to meet Thor.:(

RepliHawk
April 24th, 2006, 05:43 PM
If the stargate was real, I would join the military just so I can travel threw the stargate and explore other worlds.But if it was real do you think the rest of the world would know about?

Spudster
April 26th, 2006, 10:31 AM
He would have taken all their naquada/naquadria, and he would probably be xenophobic. We'd never get the chance to meet Thor.:(

yeh because bush will have bombed thor.

Trek_Girl42
April 26th, 2006, 11:13 AM
yeh because bush will have bombed thor.
Maybe Thor could beam Bush up to his ship where the airlock will malfunction.:)

Spudster
April 26th, 2006, 11:51 AM
hoora!!! the asgard save earth from nuclear destruction once again!!!

Setesh
April 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Well, that just proves it is real--they got wind of the riot.;)

For a long time, off and on, I have wondered if "God", as we perceive Him, was actually an alien, part of an advanced alien race, who either "made" this world, or came here and started humankind on a different track than what we were on (apes, chimpanzees, whatever). They could be like the Asgard, and still be protecting us; heaven could be Asgard beaming technology that takes us to a bucolic, peaceful planet light-years away. So, I don't find it impossible to believe that the stargate could be real.

I think it was Arthur C. Clarke that said "Any sufficently advanced technology is indistinguishible from magic." He probably spelled it better, but that's what he said.

However it would hardly have been "God", but rather one of his 'ancestors', one of the early gods of humankind who could be credited. I mean it is possible for an advanced race to swoop in, alter a monkeys DNA slightly and leave without leaving any traces. They could visit again, set fire to talking scrubbery, cut their brothers to pieces and have their wifes reassemble them or founding any other myth that you can think of.

That's kind of the point of sci-fi, the "it could happen" factor, which distinguish it from fantasy.

Oh, and if stargate were real I would stand in line to get a snake implanted in my head. Yeah sure, I wouldn't be in control, but I'd live forever inside this really cool guy. Assuming I get to partake in his pleasures, taste what he tastes etc. I can't think of anything greater. Long live the systemlords. I mean, literary.:cool:

sg1niner
April 26th, 2006, 06:17 PM
the stargate isnt real? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

Otera
April 27th, 2006, 05:12 PM
*psst!* I can see Alien people....

z5strikers
April 27th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I wish stargate was real... cause then my ideal major, aerospace engineering would become more popular then it alrdy is...

hmmmm my uncle is a high ranking General in the USAF, maybe I can talk to him about the stargate, but I dought he wuld tell me anything. If I did find anything out, and came to post it here back to you guys, you know the secret gov't moderators wuld pull down my post, and send some1 to kill me...

Otera
April 27th, 2006, 06:12 PM
There is/was a Star Gate Project (no, my spacing is perfect)... they SAY it had to do with "remote viewing" but... (right, I'm sure...)

Darkstar
April 28th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I think it was Arthur C. Clarke that said "Any sufficently advanced technology is indistinguishible from magic." He probably spelled it better, but that's what he said.

However it would hardly have been "God", but rather one of his 'ancestors', one of the early gods of humankind who could be credited. I mean it is possible for an advanced race to swoop in, alter a monkeys DNA slightly and leave without leaving any traces. They could visit again, set fire to talking scrubbery, cut their brothers to pieces and have their wifes reassemble them or founding any other myth that you can think of.

That's kind of the point of sci-fi, the "it could happen" factor, which distinguish it from fantasy.

Oh, and if stargate were real I would stand in line to get a snake implanted in my head. Yeah sure, I wouldn't be in control, but I'd live forever inside this really cool guy. Assuming I get to partake in his pleasures, taste what he tastes etc. I can't think of anything greater. Long live the systemlords. I mean, literary.:cool:

Genesis was never really my strong point, aliens, gods, who knows but to arrive on another planet than your own to help create a new speices would be the ultimate god like power, to create a new race in whatever style you want is why genetics and so fourth is so contraversial in the real world, absolute power corrupts absolute they say, but to do that at free will is the ultimate god like powers that one could hold, technology progesses as far as the imagination allows, maybe one day we could ignite a solar system into action and spread new life, maybe thats are purpose, but species that don't evolve or change die off, but the human race may well do that to itself....anyway im rambling on :D

Jakebbq
April 28th, 2006, 07:35 AM
If the stargate was real i would fly halfway around the world become an american citizen and join the air force then i probly wouldnt even be put in the stargate program as every other gatehead would beat me to it

maybe there is blue jelly cubes in the caffetirier

:hammond08:hmm wish full thinking:hammond08:

Otera
April 28th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Well, if it was, my spanish Teacher would be in grave danger this Momorial day, as she is off to Colorado Springs to visit a friend who is in the Military

sg1niner
April 29th, 2006, 09:48 PM
"Wednesday, April 26, 2006, at 6PM

Naked Science
Killer Asteroid [TV-G]
We are just as likely to die from an asteroid impact as we are in a plane crash. Naked Science meets the scientists whose aim is to land a spacecraft on a near-Earth asteroid and gently nudge it along, changing the asteroids orbit. Will it work?"

hmmm sounds fimilar huh? lol expect in "Fail Safe" they rode an asteroid through Earth

Pharaoh Atem
June 21st, 2006, 06:49 PM
if it were real we'd never know it. maybe bird flu is an ori plague? and sars that broke out in china

Dont forget, SG-1 is the only TV series ever to be fully backed by the USAF!? good point and it makes you wonder if it is real when did there open the gate and where are there in real life compared to the tv show

i woudl be straight out there fighting some Goauld butt!!
i would try to help with the ori

Riot outside cheyenne mountian! i'll join in there can't arrest us all ....but there could beam all of us to deddy

Absolutly.....the Stargate under the control of President Bush *shudders* (happy place Happy place) if he had comtrol of the gate why don't he start a war on another planet instead of ours

if the stargate program was real IMO it would be cool i mean honestly could you imagine the ori and goa'uld being real and us having deddy class ships and some where out there someone who is probabaly similar to the charcters we watch every week

MiroslavB
June 24th, 2006, 04:04 PM
General John P. Jumper, former United States Air Force Chief of Staff, have a cameo apperance in the Lost City Part II. ;)

pyr0
June 26th, 2006, 07:14 AM
if it were real we'd never know it. maybe bird flu is an ori plague?
one of best ideas i heard about "if stargate was real..." in reality i don't think we, "the avearage man", would ever know is stargate/aliens/whatever real or not, but when if it would ever come to choise that it either "all goes public" or "population dies", i think the governments would choose the second one, because it would be MASS panic in first case scenario.

The_Gatester
June 26th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I think the only reason people would panic would be of the fact that the government has kept such a project secret for so many years. Then, they would only see that enemies like the Goa'uld or the Ori or the Wraith would want to enslave them or wipe us out and there’s nothing that our government can do to stop them with the current knowledge and level of technology we have.

Which is why in Stargate, and most likely in reality, they're waiting to meet a friendly race advanced enough and wiling to share their knowledge and technology, so we may defend ourselves against any dangerous threat we might encounter. What the government doesn't seem to realise however, is that no matter how advanced you are, there will always be someone else with greater power that could be a threat to our society.

So in other words, people will panic at first, no matter what and that is a bridge that they'll have to cross some day, the sooner ther better I say. But the fact is, there will always be something that will threaten us in any kind of form. What would need to be done first, is for us Earthlings to unite instead of fight amongst each other and open our eyes to the true reality within our known universe. Only then can we defend ourselves against any kind of threat that comes our way.

All this of course applies as much as if the Stargate was real or in reality. So what ever kind of extra-terrestrial secret the government is keeping a secret, they should reveal it and let us unite and defeat our enemies in peace and unity instead of all this useless and endless battle for power.

Sorry for the long read, but I had to get that out of my system. Now there’s something to ponder about. ;)

Drizzt Do'Urden
June 26th, 2006, 08:26 PM
If Stargate was real then i would bring a wraith stunner to class with me... and be sure to sit in the back of the room:wraith:...

The_Gatester
June 27th, 2006, 05:39 AM
If Stargate was real then i would bring a wraith stunner to class with me... and be sure to sit in the back of the room...

Haha, that's a good one. But I think a Goa'uld Zat gun would be more efficient and less noticeable. Plus you could make the teacher's chair disappear right before she sits down on it. :)

Otera
June 27th, 2006, 05:40 AM
If Stargate was real then i would bring a wraith stunner to class with me... and be sure to sit in the back of the room...

Haha, that's a good one. But I think a Goa'uld Zat gun would be more efficient and less noticeable. Plus you could make the teacher's chair disappear right before she sits down on it. :)
:lol:

Gategal36
June 30th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I truly hope that Stargate is real, because with global warming becoming a far greater threat than the Ori will ever be, we will need the ability to escape to another planet.

Jakebbq
July 1st, 2006, 10:10 PM
I Reckon All the Nations of earth should get there own uninhabited planet but keep in contact in the form of an alliance basicly the same as the UN and leave earth as a nature reserve and then all the kids get to go there on field trips to learn about thier heritige.

Earth can be the meeting place of the interplantetary version of the UN

full.infinity
July 3rd, 2006, 03:59 PM
Personally, the whole "I wouldn't be in control" bit is why I would want a Tok'ra. I might not get a sarcophagus, but I'll still get most of the benefits of a snake in my head and I get to keep some control over my body.

But the real problem comes in when Tretonin becomes the new miracle drug. If it gets approved by the FDA, the company(ies) selling the stuff would become incredibly rich, because the people on Tretonin literally have to remain on the stuff or else they die from lacking an immune system.

RepliHawk
July 3rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
I Reckon All the Nations of earth should get there own uninhabited planet but keep in contact in the form of an alliance basicly the same as the UN and leave earth as a nature reserve and then all the kids get to go there on field trips to learn about thier heritige.

Earth can be the meeting place of the interplantetary version of the UN

That would be great if that happened because of all the fighting.What would you call your planet?